playing golf with hellmuth

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love your avatar. Who is that?
That's my wife... after I've had 13-14 gin and tonics...Actually it's Joanna Krupa...I'd give her the juice.
I would give her the juice, but that would mean I would have to scrape it out of my pants after seeing her naked and saying, "GET OVER HERE!!!"She is definately 8 days of edible...
good story.His putting was legendary, when he needed it.
I know...the 'Ben Crenshaw' line he broke out as the ball was getting near the cup was classic. :-)Patrick
Did he really wear that blue wind breaker? I wonder if he has a whole closet full of those things like Superman.
Heh, no, it was a black one, black ub hat, black oakleys. Patrick
Was it still zipped all the way up? Also, did he do that effeminate little walk he does when he get's pissed?
Ha, I didn't notice the walk, but the wind breaker was zipped all the way up.Patrick
Was it cold out? Were you wearing a jacket as well or was the windbreaker unecessary as usual? I'm just trying to picture the classic phil hellmuth moments.You know the walk. Where his arms are bent ninety degrees at the elbow. His forearms are perpendicular to his body, and his wrists are limp. Then, he get's all huffy, and takes small, fast steps.
good story.His putting was legendary, when he needed it.
I know...the 'Ben Crenshaw' line he broke out as the ball was getting near the cup was classic. :-)Patrick
Did he really wear that blue wind breaker? I wonder if he has a whole closet full of those things like Superman.
Heh, no, it was a black one, black ub hat, black oakleys. Patrick
Was it still zipped all the way up? Also, did he do that effeminate little walk he does when he get's pissed?
Ha, I didn't notice the walk, but the wind breaker was zipped all the way up.Patrick
Was it cold out? Were you wearing a jacket as well or was the windbreaker unecessary as usual? I'm just trying to picture the classic phil hellmuth moments.You know the walk. Where his arms are bent ninety degrees at the elbow. His forearms are perpendicular to his body, and his wrists are limp. Then, he get's all huffy, and takes small, fast steps.
Heh, I'll have to ask my friend about the walk.Well, at first the windbreaker wasn't needed, but as the day went on it got pretty cold out (for Cali at least).Hmmm, let's see what other harmless, random info I can give you...Heh, Phil says you should have a scoop of tuna for lunch, because the only guy he knows who does is his 'billionare' friend.Patrick
Hmmm, let's see what other harmless, random info I can give you...Heh, Phil says you should have a scoop of tuna for lunch, because the only guy he knows who does is his 'billionare' friend.Patrick
:club: Classic. It makes you wonder if he told you that just so he could mention that he has a friend who is a billionare. Any other tidbits?
Hmmm, let's see what other harmless, random info I can give you...Heh, Phil says you should have a scoop of tuna for lunch, because the only guy he knows who does is his 'billionare' friend.Patrick
:club: Classic. It makes you wonder if he told you that just so he could mention that he has a friend who is a billionare. Any other tidbits?
Hmm...man, I wish I could have recorded it all...There was some good 'Hellmuthian' banter regarding ARod. I was teasing him about being a trouble maker and causing problems for the Yankees, and he said Yankee fans aren't too happy with him right now. He seemed pleased when old men kept coming up to him on the driving range and introducing themselves. He also pretty much repeated his post-TOC exit speech to me as well. Patrick
Hmm...man, I wish I could have recorded it all...There was some good 'Hellmuthian' banter regarding ARod. I was teasing him about being a trouble maker and causing problems for the Yankees, and he said Yankee fans aren't too happy with him right now. He seemed pleased when old men kept coming up to him on the driving range and introducing themselves. He also pretty much repeated his post-TOC exit speech to me as well. Patrick
Thanks for all the classic moments. That guy cracks me up.
Great story, PM.Christian, I've saved your offer so I'll pm you next time I'm coming to town. FYI, I carry right handed drivers and left handed irons.
lboarts- Sounds good. I was an instructor in Colorado before I came to Vegas so I'll be interested to see the right handed woods and left handed irons. I don't think I've seen that before.

That must have been pretty cool..hustlin Hellmuth. I have earned a living hustling bad players who think they are good! I am a golf pro in Miami so I gamble on the links 365 days a year, but you havent played TILT golf till you played with Lawrence Taylor, OJ Simpson & Jim Brown. They all hate to lose and they steam there asses off! Easy $$$ for the kid !Ozi

That must have been pretty cool..hustlin Hellmuth. I have earned a living hustling bad players who think they are good! I am a golf pro in Miami so I gamble on the links 365 days a year, but you havent played TILT golf till you played with Lawrence Taylor, OJ Simpson & Jim Brown. They all hate to lose and they steam there asses off! Easy $$$ for the kid !Ozi
You would have had a field day then Ozi.Patrick

Pat, thanks mate, great story.I just want to know how Phil was after the game, was he like "I told you how good a golfer I was" or did he realise he got lucky?Great read.

Pat, thanks mate, great story.I just want to know how Phil was after the game, was he like "I told you how good a golfer I was" or did he realise he got lucky?Great read.
Heh, he was very happy with himself. I let him press when I probably shouldn't have (since by that time I was giving him 8.5 strokes), but I was just looking to maximize.He hadn't putted very well all day long, so he was happy to finally back up what pokerHO had said about him. But, you could def tell he was excited he had snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. :-)Patrick
Heh, he was very happy with himself. I let him press when I probably shouldn't have (since by that time I was giving him 8.5 strokes), but I was just looking to maximize.He hadn't putted very well all day long, so he was happy to finally back up what pokerHO had said about him. But, you could def tell he was excited he had snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. :-)Patrick
lol, so those competitive juices were flowing :club:

Great story PM, I can just imagine his antics on the golf course. What type of putter was he using? Jerry Rice used to have his own golf tourney at Palo Alto Country Club, not sure if he still has it.

8 on sharon heights is not long at all, its like 395 from the tips. THe only trouble is bunker left.
I'd have to look at a scorecard to confirm/contradict that, but to say the only trouble is bunker left is a little optimistic. OB to the right, tree line down the left and right, that pond or whatever it is running along the left side for the first 150 or so. If you mean, the only trouble near the green is the bunker to the left, then I suppose that is correct. Like I said in the original post, I hit a bad drive down the left side, so I'd think the hole played longer from my perspective, and knowing it took Phil three shots to get to the green makes it seem longer in my mind as well.I'm sure you are right regarding the yardage, but now I'm interested so I'll find out for sure tomorrow. That being said, congrats on being anal retentive. :-)Patrick
Great story, PM.Christian, I've saved your offer so I'll pm you next time I'm coming to town. FYI, I carry right handed drivers and left handed irons.
lboarts- Sounds good. I was an instructor in Colorado before I came to Vegas so I'll be interested to see the right handed woods and left handed irons. I don't think I've seen that before.
I'm a natural lefty but was taught to play by a friend who's right handed and convinced me to play righty because most golf courses are set up for rightys. Struggling to improve my handicap, I tried lefty for about 5 years before settling into the same handicap and not improving. Playing a mixed bag has cut a few strokes off my handicap, but I'd still consider myself a hacker, lol. I use a double edged chipper and putter as well as I like to keep the ball above my feet when faced with a lie on a slope.I wouldn't consider myself purely ambidextrous but I do a few things right and left handed, golf, pool, batting to name a few. I chip shuffle righty but can't do it lefty to save my life, lol.I actually got the idea to carry a mixed bag while watching Phil Mickelson a few years ago swing one of his irons upside down right handed when he was snuggled against a tree that prevented him from swinging lefty. I thought, man if he had a right handed iron in his bag he'd be set.I'll definitely be in touch when I come out. That was a very generous offer to the forum, and I for one thank you. lboarts
  • 3 months later...