the protege system was copied from -

dms26 - I think it's better than what DN was doing with Poker Mountain. Just a link and his official endorsement of the site. At least now you get a few perks going through this new setup.X's - I thought the reality tv show would hit after Tilt raked in the ratings. Oh well.

Main Entry: pro·té·gé Pronunciation: 'prO-t&-"zhA, "prO-t&-'Function: nounEtymology: French, from past participle of protéger to protect, from Latin protegere: one who is protected or trained or whose career is furthered by a person of experience, prominence, or influence

pokerroom has something similar. If you win a main landbased event that you qualified to get to through pokerroom, they will sponsor you for a year. It is almost a 400,000 dollar value. Kind of like Daniels competition, but without the teaching and extracurricular stuff.

Daniel needs his own "you're fired" type catch phrase. I'm suggesting "all your chips are belong to me!" You wont do better than that. Let's pitch this to Fox. I'm pretty sure there's room in their lineup for "the Protege". Think of the advertising tie-ins with Mazda.

The Protege was a short lived failed reality show with Marc Cuban that copied the Apprentice.Daniels version will be much better!
That wasn't the name of Mark Cuban's show. I can't remember what it was now, but it wasn't the Protege.
The protege system was copied from a) City of Heros - The SideKick B) Donald Trump - The Apprentice c) Other, specify
Who cares? It's a great concept.

It was borrowed from Detective Comic #38 (1940) in which Batman creators Bill Finger and Bob Kane, along with inker Jerry Robinson, introduced the first Robin, Richard John "Dick" Grayson, an aerialist and the character still best known as Robin. The sidekick debuted a year after Batman.

It was borrowed from Detective Comic #38 (1940) in which Batman creators Bill Finger and Bob Kane, along with inker Jerry Robinson, introduced the first Robin, Richard John "Dick" Grayson, an aerialist and the character still best known as Robin. The sidekick debuted a year after Batman.
ummmmm yeah...
Daniel needs his own "you're fired" type catch phrase. I'm suggesting "all your chips are belong to me!" You wont do better than that. Let's pitch this to Fox. I'm pretty sure there's room in their lineup for "the Protege". Think of the advertising tie-ins with Mazda.
You're Mucked!!!!!!
ROFLMAOTouche, and well done.I think though that the protege is going to be the villain in the next Batman movie.
That wasn't the name of Mark Cuban's show. I can't remember what it was now, but it wasn't the Protege.
The Mark Cuban show was The Benefactor.
Cuban's show was definitely underrated, ABC should have given it a better time slot and promoted it more. Having those 3rd graders decide who gets kicked off and who doesn't was classic.
The protege system was copied from a) City of Heros - The SideKick B) Donald Trump - The Apprentice c) Other, specify
Doesn't seem like any of them really as the person is chosen basically before ever meeting DN.Just seems like a good idea and def a good way to get some publicity for the opening of the new poker site.