the *official* new site bitch thread

ok first off I am CarolinaO (grrr) on the new siteI'll start. things that suck about the new site.1. the forum is now slow as hell2. the O on the end of the names thing. should have been warned and been given option to pick another. that sucks *surprise*3. no chartermember designation, or way to tell if you are one.4. just a skin, (was never fan of pokerroom) but figured daniel would be unique and "fix" what is wrong with all the other sites and actually have the ability to improve his.next!
Can you feel it? I'm putting a curse on you....now your entire life will be a bad beat...but life is rigged...go figure...
You do know that upping your post count won't help you get any special promotional opporunities right?If you didn't know that, now you do and you can stfu.If you did know that, stfu anyway.
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok first off I am CarolinaO (grrr) on the new siteI'll start. things that suck about the new site.1. the forum is now slow as hell2. the O on the end of the names thing. should have been warned and been given option to pick another. that sucks *surprise*3. no chartermember designation, or way to tell if you are one.4. just a skin, (was never fan of pokerroom) but figured daniel would be unique and "fix" what is wrong with all the other sites and actually have the ability to improve his.next!
Can you feel it? I'm putting a curse on you....now your entire life will be a bad beat...but life is rigged...go figure...
You do know that upping your post count won't help you get any special promotional opporunities right?If you didn't know that, now you do and you can stfu.If you did know that, stfu anyway.
I've been a member longer than you, quiet down....
I've been a member longer than you, quiet down....
In informal logic your response is called "missing the point".Yes, you have, and like 1/10th of your posts have been tonight, and have all been stupid gibberish.Now stfu.

after doing some research, i found out Dn sold it to a company in the Cayman Islands called Torontomapleleafsrule Inc. , which is owned by a dude named Daniel Negreanu. Just a typical business maneuver in order to get this thing started... with all the gambling legislation and taxes in North america.

ok, but if its a poker room skin, why would he have to do that? im not well schooled in these matters  so maybe somebody that knows more<everybody basically> can enlighten me....
Hey ... Ivey ... a couple of thoughts. Bear in mind that I'm not "in the know" in any way as far as how DN is running things, I just know a bit about how the business, technology and legality of this kind of stuff would work in practicality.DN says that he sold the domain name. That's not the same as selling the site, per se. I'm not sure who hosts the forum part of this site, but if DN owns the servers, he still does. If he leases the server space, it's still his. Even in a nightmare scenario, he could just change the website address and run the non-poker-software portions of this site.The reason to sell the domain name is simply in order to have a poker room without any legal hassle. Prior to the sale, FCP.com likely had a U.S. business address. Now it has a Curacao business address. He could have kept the domain name and started a poker room with a different name, and a different address but then you've got "his site" over here and "his poker room over there". This seems more streamlined.As for why to have a skin, that's pretty simple: Traffic. If pokermountain showed us nothing else, it's that it's damn hard to start a poker site from scratch. After the recent Party shakeup we're beginning to see some major, long-time-coming consolidation in the industry. This always happens. Pre-depression there were over a dozen U.S. auto manufacturers. Post-WWII there were two. This happens in every industry, always.With Eurobet joining PokerRoom last month, that network has become the #4 poker network, in terms of traffic, behind Party, Stars, and UB. None of the other major networks (Cryptos, Prima sites) are close. Even some of the well known sites, like Absolute and Full Tilt are now well behind "the big 4".Since Party just skinned their skins, and Stars doesn't have any skins, and UB is haunted by Annie Duke, the only major network left to hook up with was PokerRoom. I imagine that this was the major guiding influence behind DN's choice. It was either this, or risk reliving the pokermountain fiasco. Personally, I don't think there's any reason not to wait and see how things work out.Best,LeafP.S. How're the misses and baby?

I personally am not going to deposit any money on it yet. I will let some things be worked out first. Also am waiting to see if there are any Charter Member deals. I have set up my account though, and will play some free games just to get used to the format. As far as the site being sold, it had to be to create the poker room, so that does not bother me. The site was a bit slow last night, but as to be expected with the launch. This morning it is running much better. To all you complainers...check out the little "X" in the upper right hand corner of your browser...if you don't like the site, click that button. :club: Otherwise, give the man and his team some time to work things out. I do some web design myself, and I am very impressed so far with the layout and design. I know how long it takes to get these things going, and then there will be months of working out bugs and design problems. Great job Biz team, and keep up the good work! Love the new site DN!

first of all i wanna thank kdawg and leaf for the kind words...what i wrote wasnt me trying to make some grand speech so ppl would beg me to stay ala smash...i was just saying that if indeed the site was sold, that i felt dn sold us out...however, if the site was sold solely for the purpose of allowing developement of the poker room than i take back what i said..i will not be sending out to the new site because the play is so soft at party...those of us that have been at fcp for a while might feel the same way as me, its not about dn at this point, we make fcp what it is...without us this place would be 2+2 or cardplayer, we the members of fcp is what allowed dn to make this happen...i just want to make sure that this place wont change for the negativ,e or worse ,dn wont pull a poker mountain on fcp...honestly the reason i like fcp isnt even about dn , its about some of the ppl here that have been here a long time and make it fun to log on and post...as long as things stay the same , i will still post here...

While there are some new people attached to the site for the online poker, the same people are still running this actual website and Daniel would never 'sell out' to FCP. He's making it a bigger better place with more amazing opportunities for the community.

Anyone who complains about the new site/poker room is just a dumb@ass. Daniel has always gone out of his way for the FCP community. There is no reason to think this will change. He is in no way a sell out. I want to sent out a big thanks to Daniel for everything he has done for this community so far.

Pied Piper and the little lost children. While many of you have grand illusions of your worth and skill to this community and in general, the botom line is always about the bottom line. The Cash.Personally, I think its a great move by DN. Poker is bigger than ever, and he is the face of the next generation. Look at the 1000+ worhippers here. Why wouldn't he have a place to play? The $$ potential is huge. While I admire DN's initiative and drive to make this game more accessible and more legitimate, don't be fooled. He's a professional gambler. While being a multi millionaire makes it easy to "give back to the community", he's in this industry for one reason; to make money, the same as the rest of us.So, have fun, learn, and try to play the best possible cards you can. If Daniel can bring 1000+ people together (mainly beginners, I might add), to talk about poker, think about what FCP can do for your bankroll.

This site DOES need some work. I think it's good that there's this thread where people can vent. If nobody speaks up about what's wrong with the site, they won't really know what they should do to fix it.I had never visited PokerRoom before, so I had no idea FCP was a skin of something else when I saw the pics. I was hoping there'd be more lowball games. Since it's Daniel's poker room, I was hoping for something like Full Tilt. HORSE tournaments (hoping DN would add HORSE cash games), triple draw, maybe even throw in 7-stud hi-lo regular. But no, it's the same games you can play everywhere else. They do have 5-draw, but by and large it's nothing special.I also have a gripe with the poker software. Like Paradise Poker, the client uses WAY too much CPU. I listen to mp3s while playing and it really sucks when the music randomly stops because the poker client is hogging the CPU. Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker never use more than about 20% CPU, which is one of the reasons I gravitate towards them. One of the nice things about playing online is being able to do other things at the same time. Makes it harder when the poker client is that much of a hog.I might make a deposit just to get the bonus, but I'm not sure I'll be playing on it too much.

Love it.I play Pokerroom on a regular basis. This site isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Funny thing tho. High Pocket pairs are holding up! Can you say that about river stars?Custom hit it on the head. You can't please everyone, but guys give it a try!

Full Contact Poker is Daniel's baby and we're all incredibly lucky to have benefitted from his inspiration and generousity of spirit in establishing and maintaining this place for these years.  (Please name the other poker Pros who've similarly invested so much time, energy, and money for the sake of the kind of players you'll find here.)And as the guiding force, you'll have to admit he's done a pretty good job as evidenced by the number of us that keep coming back.So maybe consider that he might know a little something about poker and trust his  judgement in these matters before shooting off a bunch of petty whines.At the very least, try to give Daniel's new project a chance to flourish before starting in on the inevitable bickering catfights.This place has been incredibly helpful and great fun for many of us.  Obviously there are big changes in store that will irk the most peevish.  However, I think they're an honest attempt to improve and expand the FCP experience.If you don't like it, then I guess try somewhere else you ungrateful jerks.
Agreed!
first of all i wanna thank kdawg and leaf for the kind words...what i wrote wasnt me trying to make some grand speech so ppl would beg me to stay ala smash...i was just saying that if indeed the site was sold, that i felt dn sold us out...however, if the site was sold solely for the purpose of allowing developement of the poker room than i take back what i said..i will not be sending out to the new site because the play is so soft at party...those of us that have been at fcp for a while might feel the same way as me, its not about dn at this point, we make fcp what it is...without us this place would be 2+2 or cardplayer, we the members of fcp is what allowed dn to make this happen...i just want to make sure that this place wont change for the negativ,e or worse ,dn wont pull a poker mountain on fcp...honestly the reason i like fcp isnt even about dn , its about some of the ppl here that have been here a long time and make it fun to log on and post...as long as things stay the same , i will still post  here...
A couple additional thoughts. First off, it's pretty much going to be up to us to keep the forums the way they are ... the way we've come to love them. And you or any of the other regulars leaving isn't going to accomplish that.Second, for what it's worth, I'm just going to keep a couple bucks on the site for fun stuff. No reason to make a big move of any kind.And you didn't tell me how the fam's doing ... ?

So is the definitive ruling on the screen name adding "0" because we already have that screen name on pokerroom? I don't use Hobbes on any poker playing site, but figured I would use it here since that's what I use on the forums, but it still added the "0" at the end. I thought standard practice when choosing screen names was for it to tell you if that name has already been taken and give you the option of changing it.

first of all i wanna thank kdawg and leaf for the kind words...what i wrote wasnt me trying to make some grand speech so ppl would beg me to stay ala smash...i was just saying that if indeed the site was sold, that i felt dn sold us out...however, if the site was sold solely for the purpose of allowing developement of the poker room than i take back what i said..i will not be sending out to the new site because the play is so soft at party...those of us that have been at fcp for a while might feel the same way as me, its not about dn at this point, we make fcp what it is...without us this place would be 2+2 or cardplayer, we the members of fcp is what allowed dn to make this happen...i just want to make sure that this place wont change for the negativ,e or worse ,dn wont pull a poker mountain on fcp...honestly the reason i like fcp isnt even about dn , its about some of the ppl here that have been here a long time and make it fun to log on and post...as long as things stay the same , i will still post  here...
A couple additional thoughts. First off, it's pretty much going to be up to us to keep the forums the way they are ... the way we've come to love them. And you or any of the other regulars leaving isn't going to accomplish that.Second, for what it's worth, I'm just going to keep a couple bucks on the site for fun stuff. No reason to make a big move of any kind.And you didn't tell me how the fam's doing ... ?
wife is good, baby will be born in late feb /early march..thanks for asking broham....and once again, i do appreciate the kind words...

thanks for all the help with questions last night Custom. i also have the 0 at the end of my name but i've never played at poker room before? no big deal as long as i still get all the charter benifits. support said i would. i think the site works great. and i'm sure it will only improve!! just my 2cents not that anyone cares.

thanks for all the help with questions last night Custom. i also have the 0 at the end of my name but i've never played at poker room before? no big deal as long as i still get all the charter benifits. support said i would. i think the site works great. and i'm sure it will only improve!! just my 2cents not that anyone cares.

wife is good, baby will be born in late feb /early march..thanks for asking broham....and once again, i do appreciate the kind words...
You're welcome. Good to hear everyone's healthy. If it's going to be late Feb. shoot for the 26th! :wink:

I think this new site is just indicative of how dn views us.($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)I'm not suprised he's a poker player. Its his job to create an image thats conducive to making money (he's written articles on it). I dislike the new site (it is horribly designed with crappy software). I know I'm a cynic so don't bother telling me to be a pessimist.I guess I'm still a DN fan (just now I know that his kindness in the past may have had profitable intentions.

I think this new site is just indicative of how dn views us.($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)I'm not suprised he's a poker player. Its his job to create an image thats conducive to making money (he's written articles on it). I dislike the new site (it is horribly designed with crappy software). I know I'm a cynic so don't bother telling me to be a pessimist.I guess I'm still a DN fan (just now I know that his kindness in the past may have had profitable intentions.
i strongly disagree with that .....yes, i think the profit motive is why things are done, but i also feel that if things stay the way they are as far as agood forum and a +ev poker room , why shouldnt he benfit...i just was worried that once fcp was sold it would no longer be the product WE made it to be...

Reason DN did this (sold) is taxes---period. More important, he did this for PROFIT!!!!!!!!!!!! STFU---u would do the same if u were fortunate. This is bringing this community to it's knees---sad, but learn from ur intention to be here---PLAY better and make more money. My God, if u win DO YOU FEEL SORRY?????Fullhouse7