new look and poker room?

We've been ROLLED.thanks for selling us and our personal info DN.
What in the world are you talking about? Who said anything about selling your info? Why would you sign up if your info was being sold, anyway?
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've decided that I like the new Full Contact Poker. I think that all the promotions are awesome and the bonus seems like a great deal, provided it isn't too ridiculously hard to clear. I'm not a huge fan of the pokerroom software, especially in it's java version, b/c it's not conducive to multi-tasking. When playing on the java version I'd be browsing FCP and come back to see that my hand had been folded and I was sitting out, all because I hadn't been warned that it was my action. Now that I have the download up an running, it works much better. I think the look is decent and I understand pokerroom has some fairly soft games and a decent tourney structure, so I'll probably spend some definite time playing here. I'm taking a break from FullTilt right now because I'm running bad on there and I was looking for a place to put some money. This should be perfect. Of course nothing could ever replace Party as my main site for cash games, but overall I'm not displeased with the new site and I think it looks decent. I'm looking forward to playing in the freerolls and promotional tourneys with all the other FCPers and I like everyone else would love to win the protege thing, though I realize it's a rather long shot. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the pokerroom interface or software, I'm glad that DN went with an established site, that already has plenty of players and hence, plenty of fish. I'd rather have that than a site full of FCP rocks and like 10 total players on at any one time. At any rate, I'm sure that things will only get better from here, with more and better promotions all the time and I'm looking forward to all of it. But, as long as the strategy forums stay strong, I'll be happy. Overall, I give the new FCP a B, with potential to move up in the future.

What is with the complaining?1. DN hosts this forum out of his pocket2. DN puts up all the prizes for FREE contests3. DN actually posts on the forum and keeps his content up to dateName another professional poker player doing more for his fans!

What is with the complaining?1. DN hosts this forum out of his pocket2. DN puts up all the prizes for FREE contests3. DN actually posts on the forum and keeps his content up to dateName another professional poker player doing more for his fans!
Plus you got me! So shut it!Nice to see my team members showing some good coherent posts with well thought out ideas.Team "More Rigged.." is the shizznit!!
We've been ROLLED.thanks for selling us and our personal info DN.
what aer you talking about?? what info of yours has been sold?? If you're talking about the site knowing all the emails and such of the charter members...then you might want to start reading over the T&C of things you sign up for.
seriously, there is so much news, more than one unlocked thread is needed:Seat #2: FCP Poker Forum JunkiesThis Seat #2 rewards those members of the FCP Community who have been the most active over the years. Having said that, it should also be noted by all the FCP Forum Members that making hundreds of unnecessary posts just to increase your total number (for future promos like this one) will do you no good. This exact format for the Forum Junkies Seat is a one-of-kind and won't be replicated going forward.You are a Forum Junkie if you are an FCP Forum member with at least 20 posts as of November 20, 2005, AND you are eligible to play in this freeroll for Seat #2 if you have set up a real money account at FullContactPoker.com by December 31, 2005.There will be 10 Quarterfinal MTT Restricted Freerolls scheduled within approximately 2 weeks after December 31, 2005.Q MIT #1- Top 50 posters Q MIT #2- Top 100 posters Q MIT #3- Top 200 posters Q MIT #4- Top 400 posters Q MIT #5- Top 700 posters Q MIT #6- Top 1000 posters Q MIT #7- Top 1300 posters Q MIT #8- Top 1600 posters Q MIT #9- Top 1900 posters Q MIT #10- Top 2200 posters So, the Top 50 posters (as of Nov. 20, 2005) are eligible to play in all 10 Quarterfinals and the Top 100 posters are eligible to play in 9 of the Quarterfinals and so on...
The front page is incredible.Has anyone figured out how to navigate this?I am in the top 700. So, I get to play in 6 freerolls to qalify for what?Where can I find this?
seriously, there is so much news, more than one unlocked thread is needed:Seat #2: FCP Poker Forum JunkiesThis Seat #2 rewards those members of the FCP Community who have been the most active over the years. Having said that, it should also be noted by all the FCP Forum Members that making hundreds of unnecessary posts just to increase your total number (for future promos like this one) will do you no good. This exact format for the Forum Junkies Seat is a one-of-kind and won't be replicated going forward.You are a Forum Junkie if you are an FCP Forum member with at least 20 posts as of November 20, 2005, AND you are eligible to play in this freeroll for Seat #2 if you have set up a real money account at FullContactPoker.com by December 31, 2005.There will be 10 Quarterfinal MTT Restricted Freerolls scheduled within approximately 2 weeks after December 31, 2005.Q MIT #1- Top 50 posters Q MIT #2- Top 100 posters Q MIT #3- Top 200 posters Q MIT #4- Top 400 posters Q MIT #5- Top 700 posters Q MIT #6- Top 1000 posters Q MIT #7- Top 1300 posters Q MIT #8- Top 1600 posters Q MIT #9- Top 1900 posters Q MIT #10- Top 2200 posters So, the Top 50 posters (as of Nov. 20, 2005) are eligible to play in all 10 Quarterfinals and the Top 100 posters are eligible to play in 9 of the Quarterfinals and so on...
The front page is incredible.Has anyone figured out how to navigate this?I am in the top 700. So, I get to play in 6 freerolls to qalify for what?Where can I find this?
Qualify for what? If by chance you do win any you should give up your seat just for asking "for what".

Taking a wait and see attitude with this. Parts or this new "site: seem to make sense and be okay, but I would like a little more dtails on bonus requirements ect.. for charter mambers.

I do like the fact that I was offered free money on a site that wasn't currently offering me anything. Also, it is cool, that the FCP people can kind of band up and play against a huge field of people. Also, the great thing about pokerroom is the ability to create your own tournament, which is perfect for FCP. Someone was mentioning about the five person shorthanded tables. Actually, the other great thing about this site is that you can create your own tables. I used to always create a six man short handed table back in the day. I may start doing it now.I'm not a fan of the interface, and the alert sound is seriously the most annoying sound of the face of this earth. I'd like to see some avatars as well. Hopefull the new players DN is bringing and our crying can improve the site.And Mac users can play here too. It's ridiculous that MAC users only have one place to play.SERIOUSLY: Can we get the alert sound changed!?!!?!

Just got an email from FCP:To the Charter Members of FCP:Hello everyone. I'm off to make my big announcement in Toronto in a few minutes, but I couldn't do it without letting my peeps know what's going on first. I started www.fullcontactpoker.com in 2003 as a way for me to connect with poker players everywhere and publicly keep track of my personal poker performance. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision that it would grow to become such an unbelievable poker community. I sincerely thank all of you for caring enough to read the blog and for sharing your poker experiences with me in the forum (it makes me feel warm and fuzzy).Many of you also know that in addition to live games and tournaments, like you I often stay up late at night playing online, which is how I stay connected the "new style" of poker. I've been quiet at the internet tables lately because I couldn't find a home that made sense for me. I didn't want to just sign a deal with a site for some cash and let them use my picture. I wanted to represent a site that I was proud to be a part of and that I could genuinely recommend to my fellow FCPer's.Then it hit me like a ton of bricks- instead of signing with some random website; why not just add online poker to the FCP community! The idea took on a life of its own, then every day for weeks I'm thinking we could do this, we could do that, wouldn't that be great if....and the excitement kept building. That leads us to today- the official re-launch of FCP, where you can play poker, talk smack and participate in unbelievably cool promotions!For example, did I mention I'm looking for a protégé? The first big FCP online-poker promotion is called Daniel Negreanu's Protégé. When the final winner of this promotion is declared in about four months, I want to teach my protégé everything I know about poker and then bankroll him/her in tournaments. I sincerely believe that I can help someone become a great poker player. How do you become Daniel Negreanu's Protégé? Ultimately by winning a live 10-player final table tournament...and to earn one of these final table seats, there are ten unique qualifying paths (most of which are played at the new FullContactPoker.com).The very first grand prize final table seat is a Free-roll for Charter Members! The second seat is a Free-roll for Forum Junkies- FCPers who have lots of posts. There are many other ways to win and some of them don't cost a dime.OK, so now for the rest of good stuff you Charter Members have been waiting so patiently to hear. Here are some the benefits and privileges you will receive for signing up right out of the gate: 1. Daniel Negreanu's Protégé Seat #1 Multi-Stage Free-roll a. The first seat granted to the Grand Prize Final Table Tournament to become Daniel Negreanu's Protégé will be a Free-roll to Charter Members. b. We will send an e-mail with all the details in the coming weeks 2. Charter Member "Weekend at Daniel's" Multi-stage Free-roll a. (8) players will qualify for an all-expense paid trip to Vegas to play against each other and Daniel for various cash prizes b. If you missed the FCP Logo weekend, here is another free chance for Charter Members ONLY to hang with Daniel in Vegas c. Charter Members that set up a real money account by December 27, 2005 will be eligible d. We will send an e-mail with all the details within a week 3. Charter Member Multi-stage Free-roll: $10,000 Prize Pool a. Charter Members that set up a real money account by December 20, 2005 will be eligible b. We will send an e-mail with all the details in the next few days4. Charter Member (CM) Customer Service. FCP will absolutely take care of its players, especially Charter Members- you have your own 1-800 number dedicated to Charter Members only and special Charter Member email and chat support. a. Charter Member Phone #: 1-877-797-3365 b. Charter Member E-mail: charterhelp@fullcontactpoker.com5. Special First Deposit Sign up Bonus: 100% Bonus up to $300 a. The standard FCP sign up bonus is 50% up to $200 b. Also, the standard deposit clearing ratio is $1 of bonus cash for every $5 of rake contributed; whereas, Charter Members get $1 for every $3 of rake 6. 20% discount on most merchandise sold at Flopgear.com a. Because the FCP Store is not ready to redeem FCP Points at launch, we want to give Charter Members a discount in case they want to purchase an FCP hat or t-shirt right away b. Use promo code: Charter20 at the Flopgear.com store7. Special E-mail Alerts a. Different Charter Members will be randomly selected, at times, to join Daniel at a Private Ring Game or a Private Tournament b. Charter members will receive special notifications, at times, when Daniel is planning a Poker Strategy chat session in the Strategy ForumsI'm so stoked about all of these opportunities! I've aligned with some great and very hard working folks who are going to do everything it takes to make sure my Charter Members are taken care of- I have their word that they will make this a great experience for the FCP community and I promise to hold them to it (although we appreciate your patience during the first couple of weeks of the re-launch)! Now you know why this "Big Announcement" has taken so long to develop. Now when two guys are going at it in the forums, they can put their money where their mouths are (Full Contact style) and create a private table to take it to the felt.This is just the beginning; we have a lot more things planned for Charter Members. Check out the new and improved www.fullcontactpoker.com and let's play some poker.
That is strange. I did not receive this email.Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

For anyone who registered as a Charter Member, but has not recieved any emails about it....I had this same problem, but chatted with support after I'd signed up to see if I was considered a Charter Member or not. They were extremely helpful, and it turns out that I had entered my email address without the domain name when I registered for the Charter Membership. Similar problems (ie. miss-spelled email adresses) might be your problem, so I advise you to talk to support about it, they can probably help you out. However, right now they are super busy, so I reccommend waiting until tomorrow evening.

My email whent into the bulk folder on yahoo. So you should check your spam folders.
Was I supposed to sign up for the Charter Membership separately?I thought I did. But, I could have been a donkey that day.I have my donk moments like everyone. :club:

I've been here for a while and haven't posted much, but have read as many forum posts as much as 90% of the other people in the community. I've read all of Daniels blogs and his posts as well as a good majority of the general forum and some of the strategy information. I haven't posted much, because as far as poker intelligence, I'm not that advanced. It would be kind of like a first year medical student giving diagnosis to patients when there are doctors that have been practicing for years around to give a diagnosis. However, I have participated in conversations that I am more than qualified to answer, taxes being one of them.With the Charter Memberships deadline, I did anticipate the sale of FCP and the endorsement of an online poker site, although I didn't think he'd form his "Own" site. I also did not anticipate the Protege contest. That is an extremely awesome idea and looks like it will be a great prize for whoever wins it.The downside, I'm disappointed in the bonus clearance, as it will be extremely difficult to clear. I wouldn't expect someone like Daniel to understand how bad the bonus really is, as he probably has never dealt with bonuses, lol. On paper it sounds good, instead of $5 in contributed rake to clear a $1 bonus, you only need to contribute $3 to clear a bonus. It means you have to contribute $1500 to a rake in order to clear $300, WOW. Someone said it would be 28,000 hands playing at 5/10, I would hate to think of what it would be with me playing 2/4. I would have expected someone on the "Biz" team to pick up on this, hell I just signed up for Absolute Poker and got $200 for playing about 2400 hands. Although I, like most people, are extremely disappointed in the bonus, I truly believe that Daniels heart was in the right place and he thought that he was negotiating a good deal for his members. I haven't found out if there is an expiration date or if the bonus is released in stages, but I wouldn't anticipate a lot of people clearing the bonus, especially when you can get so many better options around the web.As for the sale of FCP. I think congratulations are in order, Daniel's website was something that he truly enjoyed doing, you can see that from his participation in the forums and his blogs. As long as he keeps his blog and the forum somewhat unpolluted, I'll be happy. It's all I enjoyed about the site before the sale, so if that doesn't change, I'll be happy.I've made my deposit and have the $330 bonus pending. I highly doubt I'll clear any of it, there are too many better deals around the web, to even attempt to clear it. I will, however keep my account open in case there is a reason for me to play here, exciting promotions, etc. The protege thingy, awesome idea, I know a lot of the posters would really enjoy it, but it's not my cup of tea. All in all, great announcement for Daniel and I wish him all the best on the new venture.

he actually said the following,

It's equivalent to 33% rakeback, which is not good.  At .5/1L you'd need to play about 28k hands (roughly) to get your $300+$30 neteller bonus.
... although, given that i have limited experience with bonus clearing, im not sure if what he's saying is true.If it is though, and the rake at 2/4 is roughly proportionate to .50/1, it ought to take 7k hands (and those are the stakes that i currently play). While the clearance rate is apparently not that great, the value of the bonus itself isn't all that bad - and if you play in high volume at reasonable stakes, it should be cleared in a matter of a week or two.

Announcements