new look and poker room?

Well, thumbs down for the initial impressions of the new poker site. Trying to sign up -- one problem after another. Finally get the money but when I go to "Transfer" the money to my account it said I needed to call in to verify my account. Dumb.Plus, it didn't recognize me as a charter member, even though I used same address & userid.Overall, I'm not impressed.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is some information that might help some of you with the new site: New Accounts 1) If you are a new member, simply create an account and login to play poker. 2) If you an existing forum member, you will still need to create a new poker account. 3) Forum accounts are different than poker accounts. Charter Members 1) To become a Charter Member, you will have needed to signup to to the Charter Memeber account page, between Nov. 1 and Nov. 30th. 2) When you signup for a poker account, make sure you use the same email address that you provided to become a Charter Member. You will then be automatically created as a Charter Member in the poker system.* In all cases, the username you choose will be your nickname at the poker tables.There is more information to come.

Here is some information that might help some of you with the new site: New Accounts 1) If you are a new member, simply create an account and login to play poker. 2) If you an existing forum member, you will still need to create a new poker account. 3) Forum accounts are different than poker accounts. Charter Members 1) To become a Charter Member, you will have needed to signup to to the Charter Memeber account page, between Nov. 1 and Nov. 30th. 2) When you signup for a poker account, make sure you use the same email address that you provided to become a Charter Member. You will then be automatically created as a Charter Member in the poker system.* In all cases, the username you choose will be your nickname at the poker tables.There is more information to come.

Not impressed w/the graphical interface of the poker site.Overall - too busy, not clean, not enough choices.Get rid of the cup holders! How dumb -- they make it look busy and can be confused w/the Dealer button.Also, the chat stinks - no way to have a "summary with chat" like there is on PP.The rest of the graphics/animation is pretty lame.I think this was launched prematurely.

meh. Pokerroom. meh.I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this. If you go to www.pokerroom.com, they actually have their own forum. Seems as though they have recently undergone some changes there that many of the regulars are less than happy with.8 minutes levels in SnG's was the biggest complaint I saw.

All in all my reaction to this being the announcement can be summed up in one word.... Meh.Freerolls are great, but the bonus is going to be super tough to clear... Considering how tough these freerolls will likely be, I'm not sure if it's really worth transfering funds to the new site.

whoever ends up being the "protege" is going to be 1 lucky sob
Yes I will
lol...gl with that, i read the "protege" section, and it just seems impossible to even win a seat at the final table, and even if u beat the odds and make the final table, ur still a 9 to 1 underdog...just crazy, but im still going to try.

fyi for anyone curious about how the bonus releasesyou have to trasnfer money from your cashiers account into your poker account, the 'free money' bonus stays in your cashiers account** You are now speaking with Tim - Full Contact Poker Support, Full Contact Poker Support. **Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Hello. dna4ever : hi tim new to this fullcontactpoker.com site just deposited some money and have 'free money' bonus in my cashiers account, how does that work off?Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : The free money will be transferred to your real money balance every 24hrs. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Based on your poker play. dna4ever : is there a chart or website page that shows how it clearsdna4ever : ie: # raked hands at "x" level, etcTim - Full Contact Poker Support : One moment please. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : The ratio is 4:1, meaning for every $4 contributed to the rake, you will have $1 released from your free money balance into your real money balance. dna4ever : do you know anything about this FCP charter membership where its supposed to be 3:1 for charter members?Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Well, it IS 3:1, but in FullContact's systems that reads as $1 released for $4 raked. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : So I use the ratio 4:1 to better interpret it. I think 4:1 would be technically more correct than 3:1 dna4ever : ah ok, that makes sense, this is one of many reasons why i suck at poker lol, what are odds?dna4ever : thanks for your help timTim - Full Contact Poker Support : heheh. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : No problem. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : We're here 24hrs if you need us. Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Have a good night.

fyi for anyone curious about how the bonus releasesyou have to trasnfer money from your cashiers account into your poker account, the 'free money' bonus stays in your cashiers account** You are now speaking with Tim - Full Contact Poker Support, Full Contact Poker Support. **Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Hello.  dna4ever : hi tim new to this fullcontactpoker.com site just deposited some money and have 'free money' bonus in my cashiers account, how does that work off?Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : The free money will be transferred to your real money balance every 24hrs.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Based on your poker play.  dna4ever : is there a chart or website page that shows how it clearsdna4ever : ie: # raked hands at "x" level, etcTim - Full Contact Poker Support : One moment please.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : The ratio is 4:1, meaning for every $4 contributed to the rake, you will have $1 released from your free money balance into your real money balance.  dna4ever : do you know anything about this FCP charter membership where its supposed to be 3:1 for charter members?Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Well, it IS 3:1, but in FullContact's systems that reads as $1 released for $4 raked.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : So I use the ratio 4:1 to better interpret it. I think 4:1 would be technically more correct than 3:1  dna4ever : ah ok, that makes sense, this is one of many reasons why i suck at poker lol, what are odds?dna4ever : thanks for your help timTim - Full Contact Poker Support : heheh.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : No problem.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : We're here 24hrs if you need us.  Tim - Full Contact Poker Support : Have a good night.
That's 25% rakeback.That's not a "bonus."How sad :cry:

right on , pokerroom was the 1st site i used 5 years ago and they are cool guys who support hockey and soccer. anyway, guess i will wait and see how this turns out before commiting

Not impressed w/the graphical interface of the poker site.Overall - too busy, not clean, not enough choices.Get rid of the cup holders!  How dumb -- they make it look busy and can be confused w/the Dealer button.Also, the chat stinks - no way to have a "summary with chat" like there is on PP.The rest of the graphics/animation is pretty lame.I think this was launched prematurely.
This isn't a brand new site, it's just a skin of Pokerroom.com. only the skin was launched today, so all the interface things you complain about aren't new, they've been like that all of pookerrooms existance.

I've had a generally "great feeling" about DN and what he's stood for. Unfortunately, seeing the implementation of this site...everything from the horrible "bonus" (bordering on deceptive), to the lousy sign-up process and B- graphics... I'd have to say that my overall sentiment at this point is, "sellout." Lots of hype, little substance. I hope it changes. But, unfortunately, at this point, I have a little less love for Mr. N.

Kinda disappointed with a few things, but I don't see it being as bad as everyone says.Essentially, DN's protege idea is one of the best I've ever seen.Not to mention the charter members playing for a chance to go to DN's again, I'm taking it down!Although, if I'm 19 I can't play in vegas, that's pretty stupid.

We don't get dibs on our forum names?(when signing up for a $ account it says it has been taken...does that mean as a Charter Member they are holding it for me and there is something I have to do to use it OR someone else was able to use it?)

Announcements