highplaya rumor from ftp 200k, is it true?

i've heard from two different people that highplaya, who the 200k on sunday, was the same guy that won the 200k last month.i figured it was a rumor spreading, but you never know. beating 1200+ players back to back would have to be one of the most impressive online tournament feats.anyone know if this is true, or if the guy is a well known pro?

I know Dustin Dirksen finished either first or second last month. Highplaya coulda took first last month too though. It's not inconceivable.

Tidbit from DN himself.... he says this may be the biggest poker accomplishment he knows of....Carlos Mortenson, won the Big Sunday Tourney at Pokerstars... Two weeks in a row... we're talking 2k players... Then the 3rd week, he took 3rd!

Dr. zoidberg2 won the party 250k 2 weeks in a row...both 1800 player tourneys back in march or april.
Yup, I had to cover those FTs for pokertrails.com. Also, last year (I think, or it might be longer now) dominoespizza on Stars won the Sunday tournament back to back weeks. Pickled Egg has a 1st and a 2nd in that tournament as well within a few months of each other. Edit: Also, dblgutshot finished 3rd two weeks in a row in the Stars Sunday tournament last year.Patrick
Tidbit from DN himself.... he says this may be the biggest poker accomplishment he knows of....Carlos Mortenson, won the Big Sunday Tourney at Pokerstars... Two weeks in a row... we're talking 2k players... Then the 3rd week, he took 3rd!
That is pretty sick. Do you know his handle?
That is pretty sick. Do you know his handle?
That was actually something Carlos mentioned in a CP article last year. I don't think he stated it was Stars, but it was pretty evident based on the pay outs.On Nov. 21, Jacques xxx (Casal, Spain) won $91,644 for 1st place in the $200+30. On Nov. 28, Tibrin (Spain) won $142,025 for 1st place in the $500+30. Different handles, but that was the consensus on the weeks he meant.Patrick