daniels favorite hockey team

Hey does any one know who DN favorite hockey team is---he is always wearing a jersey but can't see the name of the team. I would think it is a Canada team but not for sure. Wish he would sell his clothing some place---like shirts or caps. Even if he sold an autograph 8x10 picture would be cool. RRR :D

Actually I'm about 90% sure this is right. I could be wrong. But Toronto is his hometown. He has an awesome collection of so many different jerseys, but I just think he's too proud of his hometown to not have the Leafs be his fav team.

hes a die hard leafs fan from what i've heard, god damn lockout, cost certainty salary cap,,,do americans even care there is no NHL season?? im curious?? anybody give me some feedback on that, i hear they dont care in the least down there, which i dont blame them now and im the biggest hockey fan there is and die hard leafs fan as well,anyway, NHL should use repleacement playersthanks

I care a lot that there is no NHL this year. I love my Flyers. I do think that a lot of other people in the states don't care. It is getting really old hearing how "we had a meeting and got some things discussed... we're going to have another meeting tomorrow without Gary Bettman blah blah blah" nothing ever gets done. At least it's finally been cancelled, I think most of the true hockey fans would have been angry if they tried to a season with only 30 regular season games.With football finally over it really does suck without hockey. I just hope they get it straightened out by september, because it seems neither side wants to budge.Oh yeah and how are they going to do the draft this year now? Have a random lottery? I don't see how they can keep the same order as the year before. Imagine how many rookies are gonna be in the league next year or whatever year it comes back.

They make so much money now---well maybe not as much as baseball players. Like Baseball players get banged up like Hocky players. I miss hockey alot now that football is over. It sucks.

Goodenow is a moron. I can't believe Daniel stated somewhere that he and his friends feel the owners are generally to fault for this. Sure, owners of CERTAIN teams that throw many at players when trying to buy championships (read, Ranger$, Leafs, etc) are responsible for the general inflation of salaries. But the union can't get it through it's thick collective skull that without a national (and that means USA, where money actually has a value) television contract, the league will never generate enough revenue to allow it to have salaries on par with the other major professional sports.Sorry for the rant. But what's happening makes me sick.

Goodenow is a moron.  I can't believe Daniel stated somewhere that he and his friends feel the owners are generally to fault for this.  Sure, owners of CERTAIN teams that throw many at players when trying to buy championships (read, Ranger$, Leafs, etc) are responsible for the general inflation of salaries.  But the union can't get it through it's thick collective skull that without a national (and that means USA, where money actually has a value) television contract, the league will never generate enough revenue to allow it to have salaries on par with the other major professional sports.Sorry for the rant.  But what's happening makes me sick.
It's easy to blame the owners for the huge salaries, but what about holdouts, (Yashin, Peca, Lindros, Gaborik, Bure, even Brian Boucher held out. What about arbitration? Some guy gets a 10 million dollar a year contract than turns into a 20-goal-a-year player (Jagr, LeClair, etc.), then any 20 goal a year RFA thinks he's worth 10 million and won't sign for less, so an arbitrator gives it to him. So, while the owners did ultimately offer the contracts, it was the players who demanded them. Both sides are screwed up and need to realize that hockey is a niche sport (in the US), and they have to stop acting like it isn't. And, like I said in an earlier post, I want to stick Gary Bettman's head up Bob Goodenow's butt.

People in the US as a whole honestly dont care about the NHL. ESPN did a poll where they specifically asked if people cared if the NHL was around, 70% of the country said they didnt care. At the rate their going, if there is never gonna be another NHL game, I dont think most people would care too much.

Maybe us Americans are sick of big boy's getting paid millions and acting like jerks---Randy Moss and lots of others. Do any of you get paid to act like a jerk? Hope not. They abuse there wifes, cheat on there wifes, and get caught with drugs, or have DUI's. Weird huh. Our children are suppose to look up to these people. I think not. But I still like pro games---

People in the US as a whole honestly dont care about the NHL. ESPN did a poll where they specifically asked if people cared if the NHL was around, 70% of the country said they didnt care. At the rate their going, if there is never gonna be another NHL game, I dont think most people would care too much.
No offense, but those polls are stupid and pointless. Of course 70% of the country doesn't care about hockey...BECAUSE 70% OF THE COUNTRY DOESN'T FREEZE!!! We up north care a great deal. Ask people in Minnesota, upstate New York, Colorado, New England, Wisconsin, etc. if they care about hockey and more than 70% will say yes. That's part of the problem. There are more teams in Florida than in New England. Actually, there are six NHL teams in the whole of Canada, and Florida and California have 5 between them.
Guest XXEddie
no people in cities, in which that team sucks.....dont care about the NHL. not here in denver....I have nothing else to watch but hockey. places like dallas, detriot, colorado, tampa bay, new jersey all give a damn cause they are good teams. Nashville, Piitsburg.....see the NHL as more humiliation.........this should really be in off topic

Yeah, Nashville sucks. Wait, they made the playoffs last year and took the Red Wings the distance. They had an entertaining, active team and one of the best goalies out there in Vokoun. I think the problem has less to do with sucking and more to do with it being Nashville.

hes a die hard leafs fan from what i've heard, god damn lockout, cost certainty salary cap,,,do americans even care there is no NHL season?? im curious?? anybody give me some feedback on that, i hear they dont care in the least down there, which i dont blame them now and im the biggest hockey fan there is and die hard leafs fan as well,anyway, NHL should use repleacement playersthanks
The NHL is playing this year? Eh, hadn't noticed between my NFL, MLB, NBA... you know that and im from Dallas
No offense, but those polls are stupid and pointless. Of course 70% of the country doesn't care about hockey...BECAUSE 70% OF THE COUNTRY DOESN'T FREEZE!!! We up north care a great deal. Ask people in Minnesota, upstate New York, Colorado, New England, Wisconsin, etc. if they care about hockey and more than 70% will say yes. That's part of the problem. There are more teams in Florida than in New England. Actually, there are six NHL teams in the whole of Canada, and Florida and California have 5 between them.
Maybe the NHL's biggest problem is global warming?Perhaps the league's prospects will improve as we approach the next ice age?
Goodenow is a moron. I can't believe Daniel stated somewhere that he and his friends feel the owners are generally to fault for this. Sure, owners of CERTAIN teams that throw many at players when trying to buy championships (read, Ranger$, Leafs, etc) are responsible for the general inflation of salaries. But the union can't get it through it's thick collective skull that without a national (and that means USA, where money actually has a value) television contract, the league will never generate enough revenue to allow it to have salaries on par with the other major professional sports.Sorry for the rant. But what's happening makes me sick.
The players offered an unprecedented 24% salary rollback. Basically saying to the owners: "We know there is a problem. Salaries got ahead of revenues. You guys made the mistake in offering us these big contracts. Nevertheless, we'll help you fix it. Here's 24% back on every contract. Hell, we'll even agree to some type of luxury tax to dissuade teams from overspending in the future. The only thing we won't do is give up the free market system. We love this game. We want it to work. We want you to make money. We've done our part in fixing the problem you created, now it's up to you to run your business more efficiently."To which the owners have responded: "We can't run our business efficiently. We don't trust ourselves or each other. The free market must die." NHL players are a commodity. Just like oil, lumber, gold, or pork bellies.I'd like to see the airlines go to the oil companies and DEMAND "cost certainty" for the commodity that keeps their business flying (jet fuel).Imagine if the airlines shut down their industry until Texaco, Petro-Canada, Shell, etc, agreed to cap the price of oil!Read Russ Conway's book "Game Misconduct" and you'll understand why the players don't, and shouldn't, trust the owners.

The players offered an unprecedented 24% salary rollback. So what? That doesn't cut it. It doesn't have any effect on what will happen in the future. The owners have said that they'd agree to give the players' proposal a go, as long as the NHLPA would agree to subjectively evaluate the results. Since the NHLPA knows their proposal won't have any positive long term effect on the issues at hand, they've rejected this notion out of hand.