fav sad/mellow song??

mine would be please please let me get what i want by the smiths , followed by with or without you by u2...and a distant 3rd to mazzy star's fade into you...and yes, im bored :-)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good choices Ivey...I love Fade Into You by Mazzy Star. Have you ever heard Flickerstick do the song on Bands on the Run? That was really cool.
yeah, what the hell happened to them??
Good choices Ivey...I love Fade Into You by Mazzy Star. Have you ever heard Flickerstick do the song on Bands on the Run? That was really cool.
yeah, what the hell happened to them??
They had a small concert here a couple of months ago but I could not make it. I think they had issue with what the record company wanted from them after Bands on the Run. I think they were awesome. I thought they had a unique sound, a blend of the 70s, the early 90s and today.Here is their site:http://flickerstick.com/

With Or Without You by U2 is an incredible song. Other sappies that I like would be:November Rain - Guns N Roses (#1)Bed Of Roses - Bon JoviEverything I Do I Do For You - Bryan Adams (my 1st dance wedding song)Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Poison

Iveyfan, as a fellow smiths fan, I am surprised you did not go with "I know it's over" Elliott Smith has a multitude of saturnine compositions, but if I had to choose, I would say "Between the Bars"
another great song....picking my fav song is is impossible to be honest...honestly ,pretty much any smiths song can be on this list...

modest mouse- bankrupt on sellingsufjan stevens- flint (for the unemployed)elliot smith- miss miseryradiohead- exit music (for a film)harvey danger-wrecking ballcoldplay-troublejeff buckley-hallelujahjohnny cash- hurtjimi hendrix- the wind cries maryokkervil river-west falls

KowboyKoop's fav:Hey Jude
I'll give you credit on that, pretty funny....Hands down winner is "Not Dark Yet" by Bob Dylan."Hurt" by Johnny Cash (yes, I know it's a cover..) receives my Honorable Mention vote.
modest mouse- bankrupt on sellingsufjan stevens- flint (for the unemployed)elliot smith- miss miseryradiohead- exit music (for a film)harvey danger-wrecking ballcoldplay-troublejeff buckley-hallelujahjohnny cash- hurtjimi hendrix- the wind cries maryokkervil river-west falls
Anyone who reads my post probably recognizes dark and fatalistic outlook on life/everything. Guess where Iceman was born/lived much of his life. Hint: It ain't Detroit.Good list. I didn't even think of Bankrupt on SellingIce

Hmm.....my favorite probably would be "How to Disappear Completely" by Radiohead. Other strong ones:"Round the Bend" by Beck"The Pyramid Song" by Radiohead"Oh Well, Okay" by Elliott Smith"Rosie" by Tom Waits"Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd"Heroin" by Velvet Underground"Ashes of American Flags" by Wilco