this forum has contributed a number of new terms to the poker lexicon.Krablar - the Hold'em hand king-three offsuit. Coined by BigDMcGee. linkNutbar - an exercise where a player raises every hand preflop and then plays correctly postflop. also can refer to playing in a super loose aggressive style for fun at a limit much lower than ones normal game. Coined by Daniel Negreanu. linkOpen Farrell - the act of folding one's hand when one has the option of checking. I don't know who came up with the term, but it refers to banned poster JFarrell's idea that sometimes this play could have positive expectation. linkSmash Strat - a strategy for low stakes no-limit hold'em in which all hands except for pairs and suited aces are folded preflop. Players must go all in with Aces or Kings preflop, and must go all-in postflop if they make a set, nut straight, nut flush, or better. Many posters have debated how well this strategy performs compared to other more complicated strategies. The strategy has been advocated on this forum by erstwhile compulsive poster Smasharoo, although others have certainly proposed similar stragies before.TP/MM - abbreviation for "turn pro/make millions." Often used as a brief ironic response to posts demonstrating ignorance of basic poker priciples. I'll attribute this to allinbluff for now.Please add terms that I've left out. If possible, cite the first use and give credit to the person who invented the term.edit: added some more terms. could use a link to the Smash strat and confirmation of the origin of TP/MM.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tritz'd- When someone calls your huge preflop raise with garbage, then the flop hits then right on the head, and you go broke. Example- You have AA and raise 10x the BB and the player calls with 7,2. Flop comes 7 7 2

YSAPKYNot sure who made it, Allinbluff maybe?
i think it was absolute. i came to this thread to post ysapky too. one of my faves.
If I remember correctly absolute brought TTIDAH(this thread is dumb as hell) to the forum and I brought TP/MM and YSAPKY.
So what ever happened to Absolute?
got a real job.
So does that mean he doesnt have time to use his computer anymore or just doesnt care about FCP?
So what ever happened to Absolute?
got a real job.
So does that mean he doesnt have time to use his computer anymore or just doesnt care about FCP?
I think he puts in a ton of hours and he just graduated from college so he's probably chasing "mature" tail or something.
YSAPKYNot sure who made it, Allinbluff maybe?
"You Suck And Probably use KY"?I guess I'm late to the party. "Official" definition please.
lmfao, that was a pretty good try.You Suck At Poker Kill YourselfEdit: Looks like I was late for this party. Too busy telling custom about your guess.
Guest XXEddie

Conditioned-To check the nuts all the way down to the river, then open-farrell the river because you dont want your opponents seeing you were trying to trap them.

Conditioned-To check the nuts all the way down to the river, then open-farrell the river because you dont want your opponents seeing you were trying to trap them.
look up dickwad..... :-)