**official: i got an invite to toronto fcp party**

Okay.. so I'm leaving NJ right now because it's going to snow here tonight. I got a room for tonight and tommorow at the Days Inn in Downtown Toronto. Hopefully I will be able to get on the internet on my laptop there so I can check with you guys so we can meet up somewhere before the party.  The the poster who asked for some white castle... unfortunately down in south jersey there are no white castles... my bad!
Drive safe!But cancel the room for tonight, you have an ez 14 hour drive in front of you and you won't get in untill early tommorow morning. Best find a Hooker at the bus station and ask if you can sleep on top of her for a couple of hours... should only cost you about $15 cdn.
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.. so I'm leaving NJ right now because it's going to snow here tonight. I got a room for tonight and tommorow at the Days Inn in Downtown Toronto. Hopefully I will be able to get on the internet on my laptop there so I can check with you guys so we can meet up somewhere before the party.  The the poster who asked for some white castle... unfortunately down in south jersey there are no white castles... my bad!
I'm staying at the days inn as well, for tues night. see ya all at the partyJackTheCat
Okay, for those of you who are going tomorrow. The Leafs are playing against LA! So I propose that we all wear Maple Leaf jerseys and cheer against Jason Allison's old team and that douche bag Sean Avery.
I will be wearing a Leafs jersey.
Drive safe!But cancel the room for tonight, you have an ez 14 hour drive in front of you and you won't get in untill early tommorow morning. Best find a Hooker at the bus station and ask if you can sleep on top of her for a couple of hours... should only cost you about $15 cdn.
Not too sure how accurate that is, depends on where in NJ. I've driven to NYC going through upper NJ in about 8.5- 9 hours with stops and all that. Also depends on traffic, in and around Toronto and the border. If you want the fastest border crossing, take the Lewiston / Queenston bridge. But yeah, drive safe althogh forecast is pretty decent for Toronto the next few days.
For the first time in my life, I wish I were Canadian.
you've obviously never smoked canadian pot. i was in buffalo on the weekend, and im pretty sure that wasnt the 'windex sativa' strain i was sampling. american dope is -EV.
Guess I'll have to plan a trip to Canada soon. :wink:
Like me, sticky, goldie and monkeyman weren't reason enough??
Anyone know if the y are sending out anymore invites for people who can't go? Still keeping my fingers crossed.
Mine are crossed aswell, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up :club: You all better come back with some great stories to tell :-)

Anybody getting the feeling they either a) sent out a shitload more than 250 invitesor B) sent a shitload of them to us FCP'ersToo many people around here seem to have gotten "lucky"...

Okay... I finally got here.. I am in the lobby of my hotel. It took me about 11 hours overall but that's because I got lost in Toronto and it took me about 2 and a half hours to find the hotel... damn this city is nice.. i've pretty much seen the whole damn city! Everything that could go wrong went wrong on the trip up here but i'm here now so that is good.I'm really excited about tommorow and I'm looking foward to meeting everyone.. does anyone want to meet somewhere before going to the party?Possibly a Canadian that could show my dumb American ass around this city? ahem... marion?

Anyone know if there is a dress code for this thing?I guess it would be kind of silly to have a dress code for a bunch of poker players but you never know.Cheers
I'm wondering the same thing. I was planning on wearing a leafs jersey but realized that i only had a (god i'll get flamed for this one) Larry Murphy jersey, so instead i think it'll be the team canada alternate black jersey.I like that DN WPT card idea! gotta go reserch which cards he won with.Anyone comming from Thornhill or Richmond Hill? I don't plan on driving, thinking i might be needing the red rocket havent had a good drunk in a while.Ira
Anyone know if there is a dress code for this thing?I guess it would be kind of silly to have a dress code for a bunch of poker players but you never know.Cheers
I'm wondering the same thing. I was planning on wearing a leafs jersey but realized that i only had a (god i'll get flamed for this one) Larry Murphy jersey, so instead i think it'll be the team canada alternate black jersey.I like that DN WPT card idea! gotta go reserch which cards he won with.Anyone comming from Thornhill or Richmond Hill? I don't plan on driving, thinking i might be needing the red rocket havent had a good drunk in a while.Ira
I am going straight from work (in thornhill) whereabouts are u?
What time are you guys planning to show up?I'm aimming between 6:00 - 6:30
I finish work at 4:30...i anticipate at least an hour of traffic, another 30 minutes to find censored parking...grrrrrrrr...so 6ish
There is parking underground at Dundas Square. It is $6 starting at 6:00 p.m. Unless I find better around Ryerson, I'm going to park there.
I finish work at 4:30...i anticipate at least an hour of traffic, another 30 minutes to find censored parking...grrrrrrrr...so 6ish
There is parking underground at Dundas Square. It is $6 starting at 6:00 p.m. Unless I find better around Ryerson, I'm going to park there.
thanks for the info, but believe it or not, downtown is foreign to me, so finding Dundas Sq's U/G parking should be fun:(
Thanks for answering my question before it was asked.
Thanks for answering my question before it was asked.
Just trying to support Drinking and Driving the best way I can. (sw)