poker + exercise = ??

1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball). 2) Now that is cold I've been trying to figure out how to keep active.3) I enjoy playing poker (NL SNGs) but I often feel lazy sitting in front of the laptop, watching TV, and playing tables.4) Even playing multiple tables the first few levels of a SNG do not require that much attention as I am only playing about 1 out of 5 hands and it takes one second to make each decision.So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going). I just took down two SNGs, got third in another one, busted out 5th in one (KQ v. 33 preflop), and got some exercise. I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things. flame away
I ran a 4 mile race in 14 degree weather this morning, my suggestion is...be a man and tough it out. 30 degrees isn't cold AT ALL!!!
no way truman st. got that cold today.
1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball). 2) Now that is cold I've been trying to figure out how to keep active.3) I enjoy playing poker (NL SNGs) but I often feel lazy sitting in front of the laptop, watching TV, and playing tables.4) Even playing multiple tables the first few levels of a SNG do not require that much attention as I am only playing about 1 out of 5 hands and it takes one second to make each decision.So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going). I just took down two SNGs, got third in another one, busted out 5th in one (KQ v. 33 preflop), and got some exercise. I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things. flame away
I ran a 4 mile race in 14 degree weather this morning, my suggestion is...be a man and tough it out. 30 degrees isn't cold AT ALL!!!
uhhhh, are you sure about that.....I can stone cold guarantee that it was 14 degrees at race time. Kirksville gets quite a bit colder than St. Louis, trust me. Today it was 17 for the high.
I work out at least every other day. No excuses. 60 minutes of interval running and 30 minutes weights. Just wake up and go to the gym, and make it non negotiable with yourself. Yeah, you could be making money but don't you want the ladieeez too!
guys, flip those numbers and you should be stealing marion from smash in 3 months. interval running get's me pumped up for some reason...i cant stand basic running. must be ADD or something.
uhhhh, are you sure about that.....I can stone cold guarantee that it was 14 degrees at race time. Kirksville gets quite a bit colder than St. Louis, trust me. Today it was 17 for the high.
bizzare it was like 38 here today.

i cant handle more than a couple hours at a time while 4-6 tabling. the concentration just goes to hell. so i play for a while till i feel myself drifting, then go lift. then back at it for a while, then go run. interval training is definitely the way to go. i was running all of the time and couldnt lose that last couple percentages of body fat that i wanted. high intensity interval training got me over the hump.

You know...I lived in Ithaca, NY for a few years......and you know what I did to beat the weather?I got the censored out and moved to Vegas.Between the cold, snow, rain, and hippies.....Ithaca is -EV.
You a'int kiddin'. Only problem is, I grew up here and love the summers.As a side note ... that's the way I knew my wife was a keeper: She visited Ithaca College and fell in love with the campus ... in FEBRUARY!
1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball).  2) Now that is cold I've been trying to figure out how to keep active.3) I enjoy playing poker (NL SNGs) but I often feel lazy sitting in front of the laptop, watching TV, and playing tables.4) Even playing multiple tables the first few levels of a SNG do not require that much attention as I am only playing about 1 out of 5 hands and it takes one second to make each decision.So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going).  I just took down two SNGs, got third in another one, busted out 5th in one (KQ v. 33 preflop), and got some exercise. I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things.  flame away
yeah, there is a pretty big difference between the weather in Kirksville and St. Louis (my family lives in O'Fallon, IL, so I know...), alot more than what you would think. Right at this minute it is 11 degrees
I work out at least every other day. No excuses. 60 minutes of interval running and 30 minutes weights. Just wake up and go to the gym, and make it non negotiable with yourself. Yeah, you could be making money but don't you want the ladieeez too!
guys, flip those numbers and you should be stealing marion from smash in 3 months. interval running get's me pumped up for some reason...i cant stand basic running. must be ADD or something.
I agree, men need to do a lot of weight training to make the ladieeezz faint. My favourite to do while running is watch Monday night football or a Leafs game, in which case I will cheer when we score, everyone will look at me like I'm crazy then fall off the treadmill :| Lately I have had an obsession with working my gluteus maximus. Usually just do 50 squats with weights, some lunges and leg press, any others??

Stop using weather for an excuse, get outside or to the gym and do something!Seriously, here's an idea - take an hour out of the several you spend each day watching tv and go to the gym. I promise you if you think you don't have the time, you are lying to yourself and being lazy. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week and run on top of that. I play in about 30-40 online tourneys a week and 3-4 nights of live play. You do have the time, you just need to stop being lazy.I also have time for a social life at least 3 nights a week. Its all about prioritizing your time.

I agree, men need to do a lot of weight training to make the ladieeezz faint. My favourite to do while running is watch Monday night football or a Leafs game, in which case I will cheer when we score, everyone will look at me like I'm crazy then fall off the treadmill :| Lately I have had an obsession with working my gluteus maximus. Usually just do 50 squats with weights, some lunges and leg press, any others??
I can't think of any others for the backside, squats are my favorite though. Lately my left foot has been hurting so i've backed off any leg exercise (except curls)...which means i'm going to get punished when i'm back on track. no one at my fitness club likes to watch sports on the teadmills and bikes, how annoying is that? Try to change the channel and they give you this "i've come here for 40 years" stare which i don't really want to mess with. The later you go during the day the easier it is to have an open tv, so i usually go around closing time...football and college basketball are the best for me.
The machine where you are on one knee and kicking back and up with your other leg. Kind of like donkey kicks. (I think that's what they are called)And letting Ron Mexico wax that ass twice a week. Either one is good.
Hey, yeah I know that machine; it looks utterly ridiculous but it probably works because of it. I don't need an ass wax!!!!!!!!!! Who told you!!!!!!!!!!
more like an ass spanking :pray: