poker + exercise = ??

1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball). 2) Now that is cold I've been trying to figure out how to keep active.3) I enjoy playing poker (NL SNGs) but I often feel lazy sitting in front of the laptop, watching TV, and playing tables.4) Even playing multiple tables the first few levels of a SNG do not require that much attention as I am only playing about 1 out of 5 hands and it takes one second to make each decision.So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going). I just took down two SNGs, got third in another one, busted out 5th in one (KQ v. 33 preflop), and got some exercise. I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things. flame away

1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball). 2) Now that is cold I've been trying to figure out how to keep active.3) I enjoy playing poker (NL SNGs) but I often feel lazy sitting in front of the laptop, watching TV, and playing tables.4) Even playing multiple tables the first few levels of a SNG do not require that much attention as I am only playing about 1 out of 5 hands and it takes one second to make each decision.So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going). I just took down two SNGs, got third in another one, busted out 5th in one (KQ v. 33 preflop), and got some exercise. I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things. flame away
I ran a 4 mile race in 14 degree weather this morning, my suggestion is...be a man and tough it out. 30 degrees isn't cold AT ALL!!!
I ran a 4 mile race in 14 degree weather this morning, my suggestion is...be a man and tough it out. 30 degrees isn't cold AT ALL!!!
Yur insane man, but props to you for commitment.
thats it kowboy...i once did an iron man competition in the south poll and finished second.

If you can actually pull it off, I'm very impressed. From what I see on TV, poker players aren't exactly athletes (not to drop any names...). I guess anything on the side helps.

Yur insane man, but props to you for commitment.
thats it kowboy...i once did an iron man competition in the south poll and finished second.
yeah, okay, i was actually being serious.....for once.
...So I realized that a great solution these facts is to exercise while gambling. I've got a barbell and some other weights in my room and I do sets, mix in some situps, drink water, and monitor the SNGs (either one table, or a couple tables in the early going). ... I'm putting this out there in case anyone in the FCP forum is concerned about similar things. flame away
Not sure I want to waste the butane but here goes...why not excercise before or after playing?Am I missing something?

I've hacked my laptop so that it's only source of power comes from peddling on an exercise bike. This is the only way I can motivate myself to workout since I'm a lazy slob. One time, I flopped a royal flush and stood up cuz I was so excited, causing my laptop to shut down. That sucked.

1) I live in upstate NY and it is now 30 degrees outside. When it was warmer I was running outside, hiking, and doing some other things occasionally (football, softball).  
You know...I lived in Ithaca, NY for a few years......and you know what I did to beat the weather?I got the censored out and moved to Vegas.Between the cold, snow, rain, and hippies.....Ithaca is -EV.

never ceases to amaze huh. I'll have to check with the higher ups but I'm pretty sure you won poster of the month for November...congrats THEREDPILL!!!

Did you ever get your internet connection situation figured out?
30 degrees lol what a wimp, its -17°C right now and with windchill it feels like -27°C and it is warmer today than yesterday
thats mother earth telling you to move.

I work out at least every other day. No excuses. 60 minutes of interval running and 30 minutes weights. Just wake up and go to the gym, and make it non negotiable with yourself. Yeah, you could be making money but don't you want the ladieeez too!

I work out at least every other day. No excuses. 60 minutes of interval running and 30 minutes weights. Just wake up and go to the gym, and make it non negotiable with yourself. Yeah, you could be making money but don't you want the ladieeez too!
i thought that was what i was making the money for?
Well if you don't want them to cringe when you get naked..
Well if you don't want them to cringe when you get naked..
:D:):D:):club::D PointHowever, we guys shouldn't have to cringe when you ladies get naked.liebert_kruel.jpg