this is amazing

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond:, K:club:. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (10.50 SB) 7:diamond:, A:heart:, 4:club: (5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Check what UTG+1 and BB called my flop bet with , Pot was checked down to the river I gave up after I bet out and all 4 players called .I often sit here and wonder why people invest money and play poker. I know its SS poker but still :club:Final Pot: 7.75 BBResults in white below: BB has Kh 5h (one pair, sevens). UTG+1 has 8c 9h (two pair, nines and sevens). Hero has Qd Kc (one pair, sevens). MP2 has 5d 4d (two pair, sevens and fours). MP3 has 8s 4s (two pair, sevens and fours). Outcome: UTG+1 wins 7.75 BB. I know that this is small stakes poker , but can anyone explain why UTG+1 and BB called my flop bet LOL :?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxPreflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:diamond:, K:club:. MP2 posts a blind of $0.50. 1 fold, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (10.50 SB) 7:diamond:, A:heart:, 4:club: (5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.Check what UTG+1 and BB called my flop bet with , Pot was checked down to the river I gave up after I bet out and all 4 players called .I often sit here and wonder why people invest money and play poker. I know its SS poker but still :club:Final Pot: 7.75 BBResults in white below: BB has Kh 5h (one pair, sevens). UTG+1 has 8c 9h (two pair, nines and sevens). Hero has Qd Kc (one pair, sevens). MP2 has 5d 4d (two pair, sevens and fours). MP3 has 8s 4s (two pair, sevens and fours). Outcome: UTG+1 wins 7.75 BB. I know that this is small stakes poker , but can anyone explain why UTG+1 and BB called my flop bet LOL :?
As someone who raised UTG+2 with KQo behind a limper and then bet out on an ace high flop with 4 other callers still in, you are not in a position to critcize the play of anyone at your table.
As someone who raised UTG+2 with KQo behind a limper and then bet out on an ace high flop with 4 other callers still in, you are not in a position to critcize the play of anyone at your table.
I raised pre flop, If no one has an ace or better why in the fk would they call my flop bet? I gave up after I bet out and I got 4 callers.I didnt ask why i raised or why i bet the flop the question was why did UTG+1 and BB call my flop bet,? your a fkn MORON
I raised pre flop, If no one has an ace or better why in the fk would they call my flop bet? I gave up after I bet out and I got 4 callers.I didnt ask why i raised or why i bet the flop the question was why did UTG+1 and BB call my flop bet,? your a fkn MORON
Hehe, I won't argue the moron comment. But you have to understand...this is a public forum. You have to expect that when you post a play that you made, it will get criticized.As for why raising postflop here is a ridiculously high -ev play...what do you think the odds are that NOONE has an ace out of the 4 callers? Also, there are 10 small bets in the pot. Anyone with one of the smaller pairs, or 56, is getting excellent odds to draw to 2 pair, especially when it is likely that based on your bet you have an ace (as betting without an ace is once again absolutely....), and they will get paid much better than their 11-1 with 2+ big bets on the turn and river if they hit.So basically what you are hoping for here is...Noone to have an ace.Noone to have hit any of the smaller cards.And noone to have 56.Good luck with that.
That's the worst continuation bet I've ever seen.Put this in general if you think you played your hand like a champ and don't want to take criticism.
Can any of you people read? I didnt post this hand to discuss my pre flop raise or my continuation bet. The question is why did UTG+1 and BB call the flop bet.And btw alpha, I did post this in general and it got moved. Both UTG+1 and BB have absolutly no part of this flop.Also seeing that you all need to be held by the hand and wonder what I was doing,this was my final hand and wanted to build a pot,also I dont think raising with KQos on a .50/1$ table is all that -ev because all 4 callers had a worst hand than I did.I sure hope some of you are better at poker than reading, because its obvious that most of you dont understand a simple question.
54 and 84 calling that flop bet isnt bad if they think they have 5 outs as the pot is big.The worst play here was your follow thru bet. Who cares if people peeled on that flop with backdoor draws.
Another poster that cant read

I'll try! (I promise I'll get to your question...but this is in Strategy!)Preflop Raise is excellent!Flop:We have 5 BB's in the pot, that is not small. Firing a bet after 2 checks and you raised preflop (with a poster as well in there) is fine, if not standard.Bizzle: there is a 44% chance anyone has an Ace. Giving up afterwards is good to.Now to answer OP's question:They have BDFD', BDSD's and the ever popular BackDoor Trip draws.Basically, they suck. Thats why UTG+1 is even in the hand with 89off in the first place.It's also why we make money playing. Sometimes you can get "respect" for a follow thru bet on the flop; but apparently these folks are quite loose. Just keep raising your strong hands (like KQ o) preflop and betting for value when you make a hand.As you've learned as well, trying to post about why others do someting usually results in people wanting to pick you apart.Kinda silly, I know. Just post more hands and ask for advice on your play, if you'd like. Then later you can post stuff like this and folks will be nicer. (at least they are to me)

I'll try! (I promise I'll get to your question...but this is in Strategy!)Preflop Raise is excellent!Flop:We have 5 BB's in the pot, that is not small. Firing a bet after 2 checks and you raised preflop (with a poster as well in there) is fine, if not standard.Bizzle: there is a 44% chance anyone has an Ace. Giving up afterwards is good to.Now to answer OP's question:They have BDFD', BDSD's and the ever popular BackDoor Trip draws.Basically, they suck. Thats why UTG+1 is even in the hand with 89off in the first place.It's also why we make money playing. Sometimes you can get "respect" for a follow thru bet on the flop; but apparently these folks are quite loose. Just keep raising your strong hands (like KQ o) preflop and betting for value when you make a hand.As you've learned as well, trying to post about why others do someting usually results in people wanting to pick you apart.Kinda silly, I know. Just post more hands and ask for advice on your play, if you'd like. Then later you can post stuff like this and folks will be nicer. (at least they are to me)
thanx for the reply actuary, finnaly someone that can read and answer a simple question 8)

If you post in a strategy forum and can't handle strategic analysis, stop posting your play. In response to your specific question, there are a multitude of reasons those 2 played; unfortunately, you'll never know why. Maybe they misread the board or their hand, maybe they thought you were bluffing, maybe they watch too much TV; who knows. If you want to know why they played the hands, ask them. Don't post your hand history in a strategy/hand analysis section and get pissy because people analyze your play.

You're getting called down by any A, pp, 8 or 4 and its 5 handed.I really don't understand the OP. He makes this thread to attempt to show that his opponents are bad? I mean we've all played .50/1 before and the player suck. As in they call with runner runner draws and do things like betting out into 4 people with K high with an A out.

You're getting called down by any A, pp, 8 or 4 and its 5 handed.I really don't understand the OP.  He makes this thread to attempt to show that his opponents are bad?  I mean we've all played .50/1 before and the player suck.  As in they call with runner runner draws and do things like betting out into 4 people with K high with an A out.
I know I'm usually an ass; so this is a new role for me.He's not a regular strategy poster.This was originally in generalIt's not meant as a heavyweight post soliciting some deep thoughts.Think of it more as a "look, man these guys suck" and I'm flustered.It was in general.Edit: also Betting into 4 players with a 5 BB pot after 2 check, even with an ace out is fine after we rasied PF. They should be scared of Ace (lol, but they are too bad to be) We give up on turn. Who knew we had no fold equity. The opponets are brilliant. Note, no one had the Ace.

If we knew the hands on the flop, the OP is 21.3% to win. With five players, that gives him a slight equity edge. If he hits a king or queen on the turn/river, note that he's probably winning this pot. Add in his fold equity, and firing a bet on the flop really isn't as bad as y'all are making it.

21% putting in 20% of the $ isnt much of an equity edge. And thats with the best case scenario here as no one had an A.People are always told its a bad follow when they bet AQ into a big field on a Kxx flop and in that case we at least have an over.

if the pot was heads up, you could bet this flop with the nut no pair hand (A KQ). as it was, you had 4 opponents. with 4 opponents, someone has probably made a pair, even if its not an A [on ths dry flop]you play these microlimit games, you know how loose-passive these players are. they call raises with any 2 preflop, and the call the flop with next to nothing. basically you are bluffing into 4 calling stations. not a winning strategy...

it is in strat so...why not?PF raise is standard and good. good job.I think the continuation bet is poor. since actuary presented reasons its not so bad i'll respond.44% chance no one has an ace:sorry, but i think that is an example of overly applying math. there were 4 people cold-calling a raise in a game where people will vastly overplay any aces. there is no way to attribute an exact number to the likelihood of someone having an ace. with random hands behind us, there may be 44% chance of no one having an ace (assuming your math is right), but once so many people call a raise, i think you have to realize that number may be higher.it is possible to bet here, represent an ace and continue to bet. since you (probably) don't have any positive equity in this hand (turns out we do, but we can't know that), there is still a reasonable chance the terrible players on party will call/call/fold if you continue to bet. it's terrible play, but the fish on party will do it often. so calling there with the intent to continue to bluff the turn and river is fine, though not recommended by me.as for the callers, the Kh, 5h actually has a not horrific hand. he has backdoor straight and flush draws, which I believe you need 16:1 to call. don't know where i got that to be honest, but he isn't far from that. he has the nut backdoor flush draw, which he needs less than 20 bets to call on its own. his backdoor straight/two pair/trips draw make this close. still a poor call, but not that horrible. his equity is so poor:http://www.twodimes.net/poker/?g=h&b=4c%2C...d%0D%0A8s%2C+4ssince both his king and 5 are dominated, but he should expect at least one card to be live. most importantly, he only needs to see the turn. if the turn does not open up his draws he folds. since the 45 and 48 will probably call the turn as well, they are usually making a bigger mistake.as for why the 78 called, he did so because he is an idiot, and apparently one of his motives for playing poker is not to win at poker. often terrible players will call absolutely any flop if there's lots of people in. they're nice people. take their money.cheers,daniel
It's worth a 10-1 shot!Theere a really good chance no one has an Ace.You have odds to play against any other pair.geeze people.It's fine to bet this flopIt's also fine not toIts real close.It's not the point of the post.
don't think its worth a 10-1 shotdon't think there's a good chance no one else has an aceyou don't have the odds to play against hands that have hit the flop reasonably well (not the case here).what do you do if you get raised? if everyone calls? if two people call? except for everyone folding, or only getting a caller in position, drawing towards your undercards or betting them is very rarely the right play here. in terms of strategy, i think a bet here is significantly poor.as for the last part, it seems to be obvious and you'd have to be really anal to discuss that aspect of this thread in any detail.i refuse to mark this with any type of warnings.daniel