report on howard lederer/annie duke fantasy camp

Overall its been a very positive experience. The camp includes:4 lectures/Q&A This camp the lectureres were HL, AD, Marcel Luske and Phil Gordon. They were all good presenters,with PG being the most entertaining. Content wise PG was good, AD might have been better but her slides were missing and it was difficult to follow. $60,000 free roll$40,000 free rollWSOP seat free roll (limited to Ultimate Bet satellite winners)Quality of play here ranged from awful to very solid.$25-$200 SnGs By far the most valuable part of the camp. Most SnGs had a pro playing (for their own money, but some provided a bounty on themselves), and each pro would point out mistakes made, and also expose all of their hands, describing their thought process in playing the hand. Besides the above players, Robert Williamson III, Clonie Gowen, Freddie Deeb, Mark Grasz (sp), Amir Vaheedi and maybe a couple of others played. They also were available for discussion when not playing. They were very open and available, and thoughtful in their answers. RW III and Phil Gordon were very good, and not too basic. AD seemed to be focusing on the weakest players, and a lot of time was spent on trivial concepts imo.The play in the SnGs was generally below average, at least at the $50 and $100 levels. I played in 6, with one OOM, 2 thirds, 2 seconds and a first.It was 2 1/2 days total immersion in poker...how bad can that be? I wouldnt recommend paying full price for it $3250 (including room and typical hotel meals, and a banquet later tonight). But, if you win your way in through satellites, its worth the time.

I agree the camp has been very entertaining. I will remember forever checking an 8 high flush on the river and having Huck Seed sitting on my left say "that is a horrible check!" He was right (due to how the hand played out etc.) but it was still hilarious. By the way, he knew exactly what both of us were holding.I agree that Phil Gordon's presentation was clearly the most entertaining, but AD's might have more content. The sit n gos with the pros are the best part of the camp- Nothing beats stopping a game after a hand and picking through it.The only other pro that I saw was kristy Gazes. She was very cool, very unassumming. Anyways- A very cool camp and a crazy amount of poker.I snuck out last night and played a tourney at midnight at the plaza- I played 5 multitable tournaments in two days.2 final tables,down $100 in the sit n gos I don't mind the sit n go results- I am showning nearly every hand after the pot to get expert opinion if I think it was interesting at all- clearly giving away all deception in exchange for learning.

I agree the camp has been very entertaining. I will remember forever checking an 8 high flush on the river and having Huck Seed sitting on my left say "that is a horrible check!" He was right (due to how the hand played out etc.) but it was still hilarious. By the way, he knew exactly what both of us were holding.I agree that Phil Gordon's presentation was clearly the most entertaining, but AD's might have more content. The sit n gos with the pros are the best part of the camp- Nothing beats stopping a game after a hand and picking through it.The only other pro that I saw was kristy Gazes. She was very cool, very unassumming.  Anyways- A very cool camp and a crazy amount of poker.I snuck out last night and played a tourney at midnight at the plaza- I played 5 multitable tournaments in two days.2 final tables,down $100 in the sit n gos I don't mind the sit n go results- I am showning nearly every hand after the pot to get expert opinion if I think it was interesting at all- clearly giving away all deception in exchange for learning.
You going to the banquet? Look for me and say hi if so...1stDominator handwritten on the tag, and the best looking non-pro on my arm. (I had to say that, she was looking while I typed that.)

I'll try to find you in the morning. I just got out of the nl room- It was a wild time. i can see why pros sit there- people come in - buy in for $200 or $500 and play until they go broke. I made $475 in about 7 hours, I finally had to go to bed. Besides, there is nothing but "regulars" left (semipros who work over the tourists every night.)Anyways-I will look for you in te morning if I make it, lol.

Either you didnt find me or you didnt make it! A couple of people are going to the satellites for the Bellagio (Peter W won a seat last night knocking out Luske)...I wont make it, gf responsibilities.Played a $100 this morning, got heads up v Amir Vaheedi, down to 1100 chips and double up twice, got him all in with A3 vs 32 and of course the 2 comes on the flop. :club: First time I played at his table, he was very good too.

Cop, sounds like you are having a great time. I hope to make one of these. I really like PG style of explaining things from what I have read in his books.
Hit the satellites at UB. They arent that tuff...and when you meet the winners at the camp you'll see why!