wsop fantasy pool prizes

Guess who got their Oakleys in the mail today? 8) Sweet! Merry Christmas to me! 8) Thanks to Daniel for putting together the pool and the prizes. It was very generous of you. Thanks to Travis for mailing all that stuff out. Happy Holidays to all!

My concern is that I'm hoping that DN will still decide to have another WSOP fantasy contest next year instead of having to deal with all the ungrateful whining. I could've understood a friendly reminder once a week or something but this has escalated into the whining category.It's true that I didnt win anything but I doubt my opinion would've changed had I won something. I believe there are several who havent posted once about this much less every hour. Quack Quackmalgriel.jpg

i agree, if it were me though i don't know if i would want to listen to the whining another year. its good to know some people are thankful though. we aren't owed anything here, it is coming out of his pocket. if he says they are coming why can't we just be patient and believe him. sad really.

i agree, if it were me though i don't know if i would want to listen to the whining another year. its good to know some people are thankful though. we aren't owed anything here, it is coming out of his pocket. if he says they are coming why can't we just be patient and believe him. sad really.
No, you are wrong. Even though Daniel is paying out of pocket, if you set up a contest and offer prizes to contest winners, it's your responsibility to get the winners their rewards. Ya, if you don't want to send out prizes and don't wanna listen to whining you shouldn't even start the contest, but if you are going to do the contest, give the people their prizes. A lot of the posts weren't whining, simply posts questioning the status of the prizes since they hadn't heard anything.
No, you are wrong. Even though Daniel is paying out of pocket, if you set up a contest and offer prizes to contest winners, it's your responsibility to get the winners their rewards. Ya, if you don't want to send out prizes and don't wanna listen to whining you shouldn't even start the contest, but if you are going to do the contest, give the people their prizes. A lot of the posts weren't whining, simply posts questioning the status of the prizes since they hadn't heard anything.
You beat me to this punch, grinder. This was pretty much the post I was going to write. I was very thankful for the prizes.. in july, when the contest was over. It's now december. Sorry if I have begun to get a little skeptical about recieving my prize, I know I should be pacient. 6 month's is a perfectly reasonable amount of time to wait.Basically, people pile on due to the free nature of the prizes. So what if they were free? This was an advertised contest, a promotion for DN's website. Don't think that this pool was purely out of the kindness of DN's heart. Promotions like that draw new people to his site, and increase traffic on his site, and this both increases the worth of Brand Negreanu and the advertising value of this site. If you have a contest, entry fee or no, you do have a respondsiblty to give out the gifts, and give them out in a timely matter. I won a PSP, I am owed a PSP. Sorry I am standing up for my rights as a prize winner, and not sitting around in silence hoping someday my psp will come.
Also, what exactly do I have to be thankful for? I haven't recieved anything. I have, in theory won a psp, but in all practical respects, 6 months later I'm in no different shape than if I'd finished 101 or 709. I'll be thankfull when I recieve something to be thankful for. The reason I can't be "patient and believe him" is that I've gotten zero respondse from travis about the status of my prise, when it's been sent, and if it hasn't been sent, when it's going to be sent. I've been told, month after month, that the prizes have been sent out, or are about to be. And still no prize.
Also, what exactly do I have to be thankful for? I haven't recieved anything. I have, in theory won a psp, but in all practical respects, 6 months later I'm in no different shape than if I'd finished 101 or 709. I'll be thankfull when I recieve something to be thankful for. The reason I can't be "patient and believe him" is that I've gotten zero respondse from travis about the status of my prise, when it's been sent, and if it hasn't been sent, when it's going to be sent. I've been told, month after month, that the prizes have been sent out, or are about to be. And still no prize.
i wasn't referring to you saying you were thankful. my point is that you are in the shape same as you were before the contest. i have seen responses so i do know that they are looking into it. you can't argue with that. i understand its frustrating not getting a prize, but you don't think he would tell you they are on the way and not actually send them do you? whether its DN or not, if it was a reputable source i would take their word. thats all i'm saying.
i agree that not all the posts are whining about it, but you would have to agree also that some clearly are. i would be a little upset not receiving my prize yet, but i would still think its coming. asking the mods or dn wasn't what i was talking about. i'm just sayin acting like you have been cheated when you are told its on its way.

bullshiot on you calling out any of us who won for allegedly whining.If someone sponsors a contest on their own free will then they are responsible for standing behind the contest. I said from the beginning I was gratefull and certainly would have paid to enter the contest...BUT..I wasn't asked to pay.Whether or not DN sponsors another contest this year certainly should have nothing to do with me asking a couple times about prizes. Heck all I would need is an answer like 'we're busy with the FCP site, sorry but we'll ship Jan 5th' or something like that. I've not had emails answered so it just leaves a guy wondering.to this day I'm still thankful for DN sponsoring the WSOP contest, it was fun to follow with or without my receiving a prize. But to those who feel the need to condemn me for following up on this......well keep on drawing donkey !

i agree ....he should have answered the thread sooner..it would have saved alot of crap!