I play predominantly Party Poker and just entered the final 3 of this 50 stt as the narrow chip lead. I got dealt a lot of trash on the button and in the sb and ended up passing way too many hands and, with the rising blinds was soon in a position where I had to start flipping coins.How often should one be raising from the button in tournament poker (3 way), and should this be the same if were getting trash? The blinds just seem to take away that element of play and a coinflip becomes inevitable.Also, how far will you guys go to protect your sb?I know I have worded this badly but I am hoping for some peoples thoughts on playing bad cards from the button and the sb in this spot.

I think your responses here are really going to vary.Button raise 3 handed: 95% of the time. The cards don't matter.Protecting SB: probably worried more about protecting BB. I'm willing to give up my SB to a raise if I don't have much of a hand.And to your point about the blinds being prohibitively large: Your goal here is to steal enough blinds so that you can afford to run 2 coinflips before you get knocked out. Not just put your tournament hopes on 1

Your question is way too generic. What was your stack and what were the blinds? If you're at a point where the blinds will increase your stack by >25%, then you can safely push almost any 2 from the small blind. At the $55s you can expect all the players to be familiar with the Gap concept, and you should aggressively attack their blinds with all-ins, because their calling ranges will be fairly tight.

Your question is way too generic. What was your stack and what were the blinds? If you're at a point where the blinds will increase your stack by >25%, then you can safely push almost any 2 from the small blind. At the $55s you can expect all the players to be familiar with the Gap concept, and you should aggressively attack their blinds with all-ins, because their calling ranges will be fairly tight.
I dont think the Gap Concept applies here unless the stacks are deep compared to the blinds. When you can expect a position raise from the SB with a wide range of hands, including any A your gap is basically nonexistant.
Your question is way too generic.  What was your stack and what were the blinds?  If you're at a point where the blinds will increase your stack by >25%, then you can safely push almost any 2 from the small blind.  At the $55s you can expect all the players to be familiar with the Gap concept, and you should aggressively attack their blinds with all-ins, because their calling ranges will be fairly tight.
I dont think the Gap Concept applies here unless the stacks are deep compared to the blinds. When you can expect a position raise from the SB with a wide range of hands, including any A your gap is basically nonexistant.
The Gap concept is especially applicant when every raise is an all-in. If you think the guy will only call with his top 30% holdings and your stack is 6 big blinds, you should push with 67s to attempt to pick up the blinds. You certainly should not call with that hand. Therin lies the Gap.