What do you do here?PLO8 $50Dank is in the SB with 2 :) 3 :club: 4 :) Q :) EP min raises to $1, 2 callers, I call, BB calls. Flop comes A :D 5 :D 10 :) Dank checks, BB checks, EP bets $4, MP raises to $8, fold, I call, BB folds.Turn comes Q :D Dank checks, EP bets pot ($29), MP calls, Dank folds...What do you think of the flop play? I was tempted to reraise...And you have to fold the turn, correct?

I would like to know stack sizes (which aren't given shame on you). If you could get most of your stack in on the flop, then that is what I would want to do. If the money goes all-in 3 way on the flop you are almost certain to be in fantastic shape equity wise. You have 9 outs to really strong 2-way hands, 12 outs to nut lows 8 of which will open up at least a gutshot straight for an emergency high, and a backdoor flush draw. What hand are you afraid of? You probably have a large portion of the flop equity (probably more than 40%). In this situation you want to see both cards and pray to the poker gods. Don't be a chicken, get your money in when you have an edge. This is why you want the money in on the flop. We all make mistakes so don't take this the wrong way, but if you could get most of your stack in on the flop then flat calling instead of pushing is a terrible mistake for exactly what happened. You turned a nice edge into a playing dog by being too passive. PLO8 (like most poker) is about aggression and huge 2 way draws like this should be pushed hard.I doubt you should fold the turn getting 3 to 1, but you may no longer have enough equity to actively raise. This is why you want to push the flop before your drawing hand loses equity with a miss.If you will still have loads of money (enough to make several pot bets and raises on the next 2 streets) to bet on the turn and river, then how you played it is probably OK, but I would push anyway on the flop. On the average you shoud be earning a nice return on the money that goes in on the flop.As for the other poster, I think his analysis is dead wrong. If you are worried about getting away from huge hands unscathed and playing with the least risk, stick to limit where passive play is usually OK. Poker is a gambling game where you get your money in with an edge. I think you clearly missed an edge here, so I think you made a clear mistake not pushing the flop. If you are worried about risk, then you shouldn't be playing poker, put your money in a government bond.

I think a lot depends on your read of MP. What would he min-raise with pre-flop? A high only hand? A23? A24? AAx?With no player knowledge, I think I would play it just like you. Whilst I agree with the sentiment expressed by Cooker, I believe that any edge you may have on the flop is very tenuous, and so you want to see the turn as cheaply as possible, being OOP. Your edge is tenuous as you are probably up against at least a pair of A for high and the LP player may even have 234 like you.On the turn, I really doubt that you are up against broadway. However of your 9 theoretical wheel outs, 2 of them would put a flush on the board and at least 3 of them are probably in the hands of your opponents. So, let's say you have 5 scoop (or 3/4) outs and 21 outs for low, which may well be split. I think this is an easy fold for you on the turn. If a low card had come, then it's a different story.I think I remember someone writing on this board a while ago that winning PLO8 is about making people pay too much for their hands on later streets, not pushing small edges very early.