caught cheatin ii

You should've took your friend aside and told him that you saw him cheating. Not saying anything was a big mistake. In fact, you cheated too. You had an unfair advantage over your opponents in that you had information that none of the other players had. You're lucky you didnt get the censored beaten out of you and have your money taken. It was really wrong what you did.
I 100% agree with this statement.If i was the one getting cheated I would have been very censored off at you for not telling us and let him cheat us the rest of the game. You had info and you didn't solve the issue. I would've been very tempted to kick your ass that night
agree
You should've took your friend aside and told him that you saw him cheating. Not saying anything was a big mistake. In fact, you cheated too. You had an unfair advantage over your opponents in that you had information that none of the other players had. You're lucky you didnt get the censored beaten out of you and have your money taken. It was really wrong what you did.
I 100% agree with this statement.If i was the one getting cheated I would have been very censored off at you for not telling us and let him cheat us the rest of the game. You had info and you didn't solve the issue. I would've been very tempted to kick your ass that night
agree
Ditto

I havent read the entire thread but I am calling SHENNANIGANS. If not then this guy is an idiot for not saying something and just letting his "good friend roll the game"Did I mention I call SHENNANIGANS.

Well, if you're trying not to get his ass kicked, just simply looking him straight in the eyes and giving him a friendly reminder to keep the deck on the table at all times could have sufficed.
First of all, the deck should remain on the table at all times. I really like this advice. If he is your "friend" then he will get your "hint" and stop doing what he is doing. If he does not, then he is not y0ur friend no matter what you think. None, and I mean none of your advice to keep the deck on the table will suffice. I think if a "friend" cheats you then that person is not really your friend and should have his nut cut off with a blunt knife.Orville

I don't care what the stakes are. This is bullshit.If this "friend" of yours is cheating you, then he's not that good of a friend anyway.I'd call him on this in front of everybody without a second thought.

that guy getting away with that at a full table is baffling to me. it really hurts the credibility of the story. i wouldve enjoyed it more if u said he had a smooth bottom deal and was dealing seconds as well. it wouldve made ur story more believable. no one could take a deck completely off the table on their deal and get away with it unless the other players were brain dead.

You sort of did the right thing by getting someone else to witness the cheating. I'd wait for backup before making the accusation. At that point though call him on it. Then the others should decide his fate - nonviolently. Personally whatever chips he has would be split among whoever's left if it were a cash game and he'd be banned for life. There's just no place for someone with a cheater's mentality at a home poker game. Players should feel comfortable with each other.

Petoria, you're an idiot. REALLY.

REALLY though, just shut the **** up now. Thanks.

What is with all these stories and "I saw him doing this" and "we all knew but...". Why the fuck do you just sit there and pretend nothing is happening? As soon as you see them do anything, stop the game, stand up, flip over the table (maybe that's a bit extreme) and say what the fuck are you doing? We just saw you cheating clear as day. Leave your money and get out. What could someone possibly say to that?

What is with all these stories and "I saw him doing this" and "we all knew but...".  Why the fuck do you just sit there and pretend nothing is happening?  As soon as you see them do anything, stop the game, stand up, flip over the table (maybe that's a bit extreme) and say what the fuck are you doing?  We just saw you cheating clear as day.  Leave your money and get out.  What could someone possibly say to that?
Thank You,My thoughts exactly!

I say the players at that game almost deserve to be cheated. They need to get a frickin clue and pay attention to what is going on around them. I just can't believe that a table full of people didn't notice what he was doing. I first time someone takes the deck off of the table the should be reminded not to do that. The second time that get a final warning. Third time they leave and their money stays on the table.EStormOk

A couple games I've played in over the years, I picked up something I really really like. The dealer places the deck in front of him with the button on top of the deck after the intial deal. First game I noticed it, second game I noticed it and picked it up and use it myself. it's classy. If he is not part of the hand then he can hold the the deck through completion of the hand. If he is part of the hand, after each round place the deck back on the table with the button on top of it. The motto is what? Make sure you learn something from every session of cards you ever play? Well you need to learn from this to stick up for yourself. Poker takes a certain aura of confidence. If you dont have enough pride in yourself to standup and get in a confrontation with a cheater, then that's no different then leaving your door unlocked when you go on vacation.

Give your friend 2 options, he returns the money, leaves the game, never shows up at your home again or he can face the working end of a blunt object to the face. He is flat out stealing from his "friends." He would no longer be welcome at any of my home games.