just busted, advice plz

I just busted out of 100 person MTT in 13th place. Top 10 get paid.Here's the hand. With 13,000 in chips, blinds at 1500 / 3000, I limped UTG with A7off.I think this was my first mistake, but the table was super weak tight and the majority of hands at that point were being played btw the blinds only. Anyway, after I limp, I get 2 callers, a guy in late position and the BBFlop is A, 10, 4 and I push. Is this the right thing to do? .. I thought I was good, since no one raised b4 the flop.I get a caller who shows A,9 and I'm gone. I'm pretty sure if I'd have pushed pre-flop, I'd have taken the blinds. Anyway, It's a bit dissapointing to make a mistake that late in a tourney when you've been playing good up 'til then.Better luck next time for me I guess.

You either push or fold there. No limping! You are gonna get it all in post flop anyway if u hit. Why let someone in late position with more chips than you see a flop cheap.Push or fold!Have to be willing to die to live bro'edubAs Spademan says....."Chew your meat for youPass it back and forth in a passionate kissFrom my mouth to yours because I like you!"

Ok... dont panic! Have you got any P.V.C. glue?... good... as long as the hole/tear isnt around the armpits or other crease in the rubber, she'll be fine... ok, clean the area with rubbing alchohol to remove any lotion or love residue and prepare to patch the blow-up woman.....wait a minute....Is this ANOTHER poker thread????You guys have to start posting titles to these threads that include the word "poker"let me know if you ever really have a blow-out, it always seems to happen at the worst times...

Good god what a horrible limp from UTG, i say this cuz i like u razor.the truth hurts.Push or fold. depending on other stacks at the table, U can A- get first in Vig. orB- fold and push the button or C/Oalso note : poker is not fair, and i love how i can put a guy on a hand range and know i have him beat, and am forced to call knowing this, just like magic goggles number 1, and yet they hit their god damn miracle stupid idiots

I know ... I know ... honestly, I have no idea what I was thinkingF'n crap ... I was playing well too ... I just lost it for one hand and that was it.It was funny, cause I sat there, and counted my chips, while the cards were still being dealt and for some reason "call" jumped into my head.I think because I was getting close to the final table and I wanted to push with that hand, but obviously didn't want to go broke, and somehow ended up in the middle just calling. Dumbas5!!And I knew it as soon as I threw the chips in. I looked at my stack and went "what the fck was that. Then I hit the flop and thought phew ... that "could've" been a big mistake ... LOL ..Then I bust uuggghhh ....NO wonder I can't cash.Anyway, besides that tho, I think I'm improving. 19th out of 140 and 13th out of 100 my last two times. Maybe I'll play tomorrow and try 'er again. Anyway, thx for the comments. Another thing that was weird was that all the chip stacks stayed pretty even the whole way ... No big huge stacks, ppl just kept trading chips ! whatever..

Good god what a horrible limp from UTG,  i say this cuz i like u razor.the truth hurts.Push or fold.  depending on other stacks at the table,  U can  A- get first in Vig.  orB- fold and push the button or C/Oalso note : poker is not fair, and i love how i can put a guy on a hand range and know i have him beat, and am forced to call knowing this,  just like magic goggles number 1, and yet they hit their god damn miracle stupid idiots
Ya, Ya ... Shouldn't you be in bed! ... It's late in ONT.

was going to type you weren't that desperate but then I looked at the blinds and your stack again. I know it sucks being under the gun with ace rag but calling is absolutely the worst possible play. regardless of the outcome. push or fold, and I hate bleeding the shortstack but I hate ace rag under the gun just as bad. I really dont know which way to go except don't limp.

The limp was bad, but everyone in this thread has already said it, and I'm sure you know it too. The right play was to push preflop. Your hand was above average and the blinds were going to take away 1/3 of your stack. You had to move soon and A7 was at good as you could have hoped.But let's backtrack a little. Why did you only have 4 big blinds? Had you lost a big pot recently? Was the format of this tournament so bad that a 4BB stack was average? When you get below TEN big blinds, you really need to be looking for spots to steal blinds with all-ins.

Good god what a horrible limp from UTG,  i say this cuz i like u razor.the truth hurts.Push or fold.  depending on other stacks at the table,  U can  A- get first in Vig.  orB- fold and push the button or C/Oalso note : poker is not fair, and i love how i can put a guy on a hand range and know i have him beat, and am forced to call knowing this,  just like magic goggles number 1, and yet they hit their god damn miracle stupid idiots
spoken like a true believer of HOH2yeah push or fold no limping. Limping sucks, in fact no limping ever past the first couple of rounds

Dub - it doesnt take much, no seriously, just few shots of tequila.Razor - yes it was late, and now i'm back up 6 hours later, good god i need to get a life.Chuck - I'm going to penetrate areas you didnt even know existed

Ok... dont panic! Have you got any P.V.C. glue?... good... as long as the hole/tear isnt around the armpits or other crease in the rubber, she'll be fine... ok, clean the area with rubbing alchohol to remove any lotion or love residue and prepare to patch the blow-up woman.....wait a minute....Is this ANOTHER poker thread????You guys have to start posting titles to these threads that include the word "poker"let me know if you ever really have a blow-out, it always seems to happen at the worst times...
::tumbleweed blowing::
The limp was bad, but everyone in this thread has already said it, and I'm sure you know it too. The right play was to push preflop. Your hand was above average and the blinds were going to take away 1/3 of your stack. You had to move soon and A7 was at good as you could have hoped.But let's backtrack a little. Why did you only have 4 big blinds? Had you lost a big pot recently? Was the format of this tournament so bad that a 4BB stack was average? When you get below TEN big blinds, you really need to be looking for spots to steal blinds with all-ins.
Funny you should ask, I actually doubled up about 6 hands earlier when I PUSHED w/ A,9 off.The structure is $40 + $5 buy-in ... start w/ 2500, blinds start at 25/25 and double every 15 minutes.And I wouldn't say the average stack was 4BB, but there was no one with a huge chip advantage .... probably more like an average stack of 20,ooo which would be about 7BB.... still not very good. Well, assuming 100 players start w/ 2500 ... that's 250,000 total chips in play ... w/ 13 left that's about 250,000/13 = ya ... about 20,000. Doesn't seem like a great structure to me, any thoughts?The structure seems to me to keep you right on the borderline with chips the whole way.... you really have to get lucky and build your stack quick.I had doubled up earlier on and had a nice chip stack, but the blinds go up so quick, that it seemed to dwindly rather rapidly...anyway, hope that helps paint a picture.

Oh ya .. one other thing ... I was just thinkingWith everybody low on chips, because of the structure, should I still be looking for a place to push?? ... or should I tighten up and just play a normal game??