Leave it to Danielle to "pat himself on the back" at a charity event for the special olympics of all places... I don't understand why people donate to charity and then talk about it. That defeats the purpose and basically becomes a way to try and buy your way into being known as a generous person. I do "random acts of kindness" every day and don't even tell my wife about it. Freakin' Canadiens...

you do realize that you will have your face melted for your comments , I will now back out of the way of the flamethrower ........

Of course you prob. want the attention , as u sit there with your poker digest centerfold all spread out and you give yourself a special working over.......

You are a fool. DN doesnt need to buy something he already has. Everyone knows he's generous and kind. He doesn't have to donate to charity to prove it either. How about when he had all those people over to his house. People from online who he has never met before... and he lets them come hang out at his place. Sounds like a pretty nice guy to me...

troll?But, I'm sure there are people who honestly feel this way, but that's just the way it is. Perhaps this will help.If Daniel is "patting himself on the back" then he has recieved his reward already. Otherwise, in this age, this is the normal thing to do to promote a charity and event. To NOT do it is a disservice to the charity in question. Charities are all out there working to gain attention and funding. Any free exposure like this is a win for them.In any case, to harshly judge Daniel for posting about this in his blog, denotes a misunderstanding of how charities work and also what Daniel and readers of his blog view as newsworthy.But, I'll go with troll. Especially with a new poster. But, if any other FCP regular here raises $10K+ for a charity... I'd be glad to know.

troll?But, I'm sure there are people who honestly feel this way, but that's just the way it is. Perhaps this will help.If Daniel is "patting himself on the back" then he has recieved his reward already. Otherwise, in this age, this is the normal thing to do to promote a charity and event. To NOT do it is a disservice to the charity in question. Charities are all out there working to gain attention and funding. Any free exposure like this is a win for them.In any case, to harshly judge Daniel for posting about this in his blog, denotes a misunderstanding of how charities work and also what Daniel and readers of his blog view as newsworthy.But, I'll go with troll. Especially with a new poster. But, if any other FCP regular here raises $10K+ for a charity... I'd be glad to know.
Good Post. I don't thnk the OP will actually understand it but good post never the less.
Leave it to Danielle to "pat himself on the back" at a charity event for the special olympics of all places...  I don't understand why people donate to charity and then talk about it.  That defeats the purpose and basically becomes a way to try and buy your way into being known as a generous person.  I do "random acts of kindness" every day and don't even tell my wife about it.  Freakin' Canadiens...
As if him telling us about it made the money not usable to the special olympics, whatever. Who is Danielle by the way?
troll?But, I'm sure there are people who honestly feel this way, but that's just the way it is. Perhaps this will help.If Daniel is "patting himself on the back" then he has recieved his reward already. Otherwise, in this age, this is the normal thing to do to promote a charity and event. To NOT do it is a disservice to the charity in question.  Charities are all out there working to gain attention and funding. Any free exposure like this is a win for them.In any case, to harshly judge Daniel for posting about this in his blog, denotes a misunderstanding of how charities work and also what Daniel and readers of his blog view as newsworthy.But, I'll go with troll. Especially with a new poster. But, if any other FCP regular here raises $10K+ for a charity... I'd be glad to know.
Good Post. I don't thnk the OP will actually understand it but good post never the less.
Agree. Why knock someone for doing good?
troll?But, I'm sure there are people who honestly feel this way, but that's just the way it is. Perhaps this will help.If Daniel is "patting himself on the back" then he has recieved his reward already. Otherwise, in this age, this is the normal thing to do to promote a charity and event. To NOT do it is a disservice to the charity in question.  Charities are all out there working to gain attention and funding. Any free exposure like this is a win for them.In any case, to harshly judge Daniel for posting about this in his blog, denotes a misunderstanding of how charities work and also what Daniel and readers of his blog view as newsworthy.But, I'll go with troll. Especially with a new poster. But, if any other FCP regular here raises $10K+ for a charity... I'd be glad to know.

Gee...what I read didn't appear to have any "back patting" at all...seems to me our man was a big part of a great donation to a great cause and donated a little money (not to mention his time!!) himself!!How many special olympics charity auctions do you see Hellmuth going to or scotty nguyen...not to bash on these guys...but I just don't see it!We all help out in our own way and if Daniel can use his "celebrity" status to make a few bucks...well...that just kicks ass!!!I don't see that blog as a "back patting" session and if that's the way it sounds to you, I think, you've got Daniel all wrong IMNSHO

nothing anyone can do about it.i for one found the blog to be interesting.and hearing the name gary leaman again brought back memories.remember that 'rumour' about iafrate's wife?

nothing anyone can do about it.i for one found the blog to be interesting.and hearing the name gary leaman again brought back memories.remember that 'rumour' about iafrate's wife?

heck i'm happy he donated. I respect that out of him he is a good hearted person. If I knew all i had to do was donate 6k to play him I would have gldly done it just for the ability to say i did it.

Raise THIS! DN was just calling attention to a great event and the fantastic generosity it generated.And I loved that he mentioned Bob Probert! What a maniac that guy was. (I used to live in Detroit)Best...

Leave it to Danielle to "pat himself on the back" at a charity event for the special olympics of all places... I don't understand why people donate to charity and then talk about it. That defeats the purpose and basically becomes a way to try and buy your way into being known as a generous person. I do "random acts of kindness" every day and don't even tell my wife about it. Freakin' Canadiens...
As if him telling us about it made the money not usable to the special olympics, whatever. Who is Danielle by the way?
Probably DN's twin sister. Sometimes she logs on to his computer and updates his blog for him. Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this so: SW

I think what DN did is great. He donated HIMSELF to help raise money for a good cause. Like Tantalar said, he doesn't have to buy something he already has. He already does ALOT for others that he most certainly does not have to do. His blog is like his diary, he write about his daily life, charity events are part of it. Don't read it if you don't like it.

Leave it to Danielle to "pat himself on the back" at a charity event for the special olympics of all places...  I don't understand why people donate to charity and then talk about it.  That defeats the purpose and basically becomes a way to try and buy your way into being known as a generous person.  I do "random acts of kindness" every day and don't even tell my wife about it.  Freakin' Canadiens...
If the worst thing you can say about a guy is that, he talks about the nice things he does, then ok LOL!BTW, You did just bost about "random acts of kindness" yourself, What a fking tool!