maniac holdem player turns out to be a er.. maniac

Playing in a weekly poker tourny at a local bar last night. It is mostly just a friendly game we play every week. We play 7 weeks and accumulate points according to how we finish in the tourny. On the eighth week we recieve $100.00 in chips for each point we have accumulated and play for real money paid out by the bar. Last night we had mostly familiar players, like I said it is a friendly game where we all know each other. Well, apparently one of our regulars brought one of his friends to play. No problem, everyone is welcome, though he had nothing really to play for as he hadn't accumulated any points and likely wouldn't be able to qualify for the "money" tourny which will be held next week. The regulars always throw 5 bucks in a side pot which is done without the knowledge of the bar owner( wink, wink) due to it being illegal. Well, the new player played a maniac style which as I am sure most of you have experienced worked like a charm. He from the start pulled down huge pots with such steller starting hands as 49s and 75o. Hey, all styles welcome here no big deal. Well, we get to the final table and he seems like a nice guy that doesn't really understand poker, at least until he got knocked out by a guy who drew out on him with 97s. Heres how the hand went down. Webb, checked in the big blind after maniac had limped from Mp and everyone else had folded. Flop gave maniac top pair and he pushed all in after Webb checked his flush draw. Webb went in the tank kept looking at his watch and a clock on the wall and said what the Hell I need to get out of here anyway. He then started eyeing his stack and what the maniac had pushed all in, the guy to Webb's right, Petey, stated simply "you have him covered". Well, Webb pushed in his chips and hit the flush eliminating maniac, as he did indeed have him covered. Well, maniac who had been mild mannered the whole night starts working himself up into a lather and berating Petey for saying" you have him covered". Petey calmly explained that he understood the guys frustration and didn't like other people commenting on hands they weren't in but defended himself as just simply commenting on the stack sizes which is common practice. Well, the guy started cussing saying it was table talk and the game was "rigged" . Mind you this guy had no money at stake. He wasn't invited into the side action because no one knew him except the buddy that he came with. The guy gos to the bar and starts doing Tequila shots, he tells the bartender that he is not going to let this stand and starts stalking Petey storming back and forth from bar to poker table counting down Petey's stack so he can be outside the door when Petey leaves. He is telling other patrons of the bar that he is going to get Petey one way or the other, the patrons keep coming over to the table and inform Petey. At first we all think they are just kidding but then we realize how serious things are when the paniced bartender comes over and asks us if we want her to call the police. Petey now is becoming extremely nervous as someone informed him that the maniac had mentioned "I ain't above using a weapon on that ************" .Luckily for Petey he lasted to the final 2 and maniac's embrassed and horrified friend finally convinced him to leave. I then quickly trapped the rattled Petey with 2 pair and took down first place. Have any of you ever experience anything like this. Would any of you get angry if someone commented on chipstacks? Anyway sorry so long but this freaked me out a little.

I wouldnt say anything about it, but it is improper etiquette. If the guy asked for a chip count then he would get it. If not, the guy shouldve shut his mouth. Not as big of a deal as he made it out to be though.

Haha, that's a great story. I'm surprised Petey could play well enough for 2nd even while he was peeing his pants.I had a semi-similar experience (without the extreme maniacness)...during a tournament (also at a local bar), a guy re-raised all in but it wasn't very much more than bet to him was. So the other guy in the hand thinks for like 5 minutes, and it's obvious that it's pretty much an auto-call situation. Finally someone says, "you gotta call man, it's like nothin more". So the guy makes a crying call with K high, and the all in guy shows A high. A King hits the river and the guy who was eliminated goes nuts, yelling and screaming....throwing chips.....kicking chairs....etc. Then someone from a different table sarcastically says, "Hey Bill, we got a spot for you here in the cash game". Bill yells at the top of his lungs "F**K OFF!!!" and storms out of the room. The entire room starts laughing.....good times.