learning plo - hand 1

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.02 BB (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxHero ($5.17)UTG ($3.94)MP1 ($2.33)MP2 ($2.68)CO ($5)Button ($2.15)SB ($4.99)Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade:, A:diamond:, T:spade:, Q:spade:. CO posts a blind of $0.02. UTG calls $0.02, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.24, MP2 calls $0.22, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.Flop: ($0.90) 5:heart:, 9:club:, 8:heart: (3 players)Hero bets $0.64Alright folks, I'm trying to learn a bit of PLO for fun. I think this is a pretty easy one, but just in case I missed something I figured I'd post it... any thoughts?Btw, no reads.Jeff

Ok, yeah, I folded. I considered check/folding, but thought I'd at least try the continuation bet in this passive game.One villain had two pair the other a straight draw. Oddly enough, my gutshot hit on the turn and I would have won the pot, but I didn't feel like I had nearly enough equity to make the call.Thanks for the replies,Jeff

One villain had two pair the other a straight draw.  Oddly enough, my gutshot hit on the turn and I would have won the pot, but I didn't feel like I had nearly enough equity to make the call.
That is why keeping it cheap could allow you to make your hand, IMO. Continuation bets work much less in PLO than in HE, that is my experience at least. Anyone with any draw comes along for the ride, checking at least allows the 4 out draw to come cheaply. Also stack sizes are so small that you(or your opponent) could be all in with a short stack by just raising preflop and potting the flop, he is forced to stay with any draw that the flop brings because of pot odds.