did i play this wrong???

ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind. Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action. 5 handed and everyone limps back to me. I raise $7 to go,, seems like a big raise but it's the standard raise there. Flop comes K :D J :) 4 :) . I fire out 10, I get one caller. Turn is a 5 :) , I bet out 15 more, guy calls. River is 2 :club: , I finally bet out 25, guys calls and turns over 7 :D 8 :D for flush. Did I play this wrong or was this guy just a moron?

how many players called your raise pf??anyways. fire out more money on the flop..he was getting correct odds to call...and he maybe have the correct odds to call the turn as well. you didnt really tell us what the size of the pot was..so i cant really tell you if he made a donk call.advice...play aces harder on the flop/turn when there's many draws out there teneight

ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind.  Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action.  5 handed and everyone limps back to me.  I raise $7 to go,, seems like a big raise but it's the standard raise there.  Flop comes K :D J :) 4 :) .  I fire out 10, I get one caller.  Turn is a 5 :) , I bet out 15 more, guy calls.  River is 2 :club: , I finally bet out 25, guys calls and turns over 7 :D 8 :D  for flush.  Did I play this wrong or was this guy just a moron?
how many people called your preflop raise?
bet more on the turn imo, but from the sounds of it, he still had the incorrect odds w/ the FD and hit out, so not much more you can do.
assuming there was only 1 preflop caller he had to call 15 to win 54 with 12 outs (flush draw and gut shot), pretty easy call when you factor in implied odds of getting paid off on river if you hit.
bet more on the turn imo, but from the sounds of it, he still had the incorrect odds w/ the FD and hit out, so not much more you can do.
assuming there was only 1 preflop caller he had to call 15 to win 54 with 12 outs (flush draw and gut shot), pretty easy call when you factor in implied odds of getting paid off on river if you hit.
didn't see the gutshot, didn't do the math, although a naked FD still doesn't have the odds at 3.5:1

17 in pot preflop20 put in on flop15 more to call on turnmy math was off, 15 to win 52, sorry12 outs after the turn. If he made a mistake here it was calling on the flop, once he calls the flop he has to call the turn based on the amount you bet. Bet more on the turn to drive him out, if he calls anyway nothing you can really do if he wants to chase bad odds and hit, but make him chase with worse odds.

17 in pot preflop20 put in on flop15 more to call on turnmy math was off, 15 to win 52, sorry12 outs after the turn. If he made a mistake here it was calling on the flop, once he calls the flop he has to call the turn based on the amount you bet. Bet more on the turn to drive him out, if he calls anyway nothing you can really do if he wants to chase bad odds and hit, but make him chase with worse odds.
yeah...keep your bets at at least 1/2-2/3 of the pot here.
I don't think the guy made that bad of a call. Soley depends on his read of the op. Look at it like this.17 preflop + 10 on flop so now he's getting 2.7 to 1 to make a 9 outter on the turn...sure the book says that you need 4.7 to 1 to make this call. But then lets think about implied odds for a second.Say he takes the shot and spikes his heart. If the villian feels that he can make a raise or a value bet and get a call then he probably made the right play.now we get the turn... the 5 that gives him a gutshot as well.37 in the pot...a 15 dollar bet is definately to weak...that makes it a 3.5 to 1 call with 12 outs needing only 2.8 to 1 to call....So this was a big mistake of a bet for the op.And the river bet of 25 almost seems kinda pointless to me. At this point what can u beat. A pair of Kings that didn't improve? Everything else has you beat. So just check call or check fold imo.I think if you bet the pot on the flop you save yourself much money in the long run here.Of course the guy could have just been a bumpling idiot with no idea what i was just talking about and called because to some people 4 to a flush basically is a flush.anyway, just my 2 cents on it.....also shouldn't this be in strat?
ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind.  Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action.  5 handed and everyone limps back to me.  I go all in
FYPjust kiddingI'd bet the flop harder, and all my money would be in on the turn.Hsa anyone else noticed that when a thread is titled, "Did I play this wrong?" or something like that, OP always has Aces or Kings, and they always lose?
ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind.  Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action.  5 handed and everyone limps back to me.  I raise $7 to go,, seems like a big raise but it's the standard raise there.  Flop comes K :D J :) 4 :) .  I fire out 10, I get one caller.  Turn is a 5 :) , I bet out 15 more, guy calls.  River is 2 :club: , I finally bet out 25, guys calls and turns over 7 :D 8 :D  for flush.  Did I play this wrong or was this guy just a moron?
7+7+3=17 preflop. 5 handed 3 limpers your 7 and opp 7 right?? A pot sized raise on the flop is best here 17. You raise only 10, not the worse raise in the world, opp calls. Now there is 37 in pot and you only raise 15 on turn? Aces are only one pair you have to protect them with strong bets. Also the bet on the river i feel is wrong, unless you put him on pair of kings and your value betting. What did you put your Opp on??
ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind.  Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action.  5 handed and everyone limps back to me.  I go all in
FYPjust kiddingI'd bet the flop harder, and all my money would be in on the turn.Hsa anyone else noticed that when a thread is titled, "Did I play this wrong?" or something like that, OP always has Aces or Kings, and they always lose?
I think you have to put more pressure on the people at your table...if you want your image to be a strong one, then with that flop you push in...you need to have him make the decision to put in a pile of chips on a mid card draw...allowing him to even think that he has a chance to sneak the next card or two without risking a huge pile of chips is flawed...remember AA will rarely win you a large pot, but it might cost you one...take what was there ON THE FLOPGL

10$ on the flop isnt all that bad but the turn bet needs to be bigger. I am betting the pot on the turn. Probably a 40$ bet or somehwere in that range. If he calls and hits so bet it, you know he didnt get the right odds so you still made him make the mistake. Just keep doing it and it will work out inthe longrun

ok, playing at a local house game and I have AA in the small blind. Blinds are only .50/1.00 but lots of action. 5 handed and everyone limps back to me. I raise $7 to go,, seems like a big raise but it's the standard raise there. Flop comes K :D J :) 4 :) . I fire out 10, I get one caller. Turn is a 5 :) , I bet out 15 more, guy calls. River is 2 :club: , I finally bet out 25, guys calls and turns over 7 :D 8 :D for flush. Did I play this wrong or was this guy just a moron?
Yes you played it horribly wrong.

first: did you tell us whether you had the A:heart:? that might have made a big difference in the odds and how you play this hand post-flop.next: your turn bet was too low. your bet of $15 into a pot of $37 (making it $52 for him to win) means he's getting almost 3.5-1 on his money, or he needs only to have about a 28.5% chance to win the hand to make this call.mathematically, he had about a 27.3% chance, which is pretty close--close enough for a call given he probably knew he could get you to pay off another bet on the river if he made his hand. i'm not saying this particular player was that smart--a lot of players are surprisingly good at feel, ie they know something about pot odds but can't figure them out fast or accurately enough to matter. however, they can sometimes tell when they're not getting the right price to call, for instance if they need a heart or a straight card but it will cost all of their chips to get it.either way, your poker should be at least partially grounded in making the mathematically correct bets when you think you have the best of it. the idea of poker is to punish these drawing hands and make them pay to outdraw you if they want to make an incorrect call. you made it easy for this player to make the call.overall, given your reasonably tantalizing bet on the flop, the reasonable likelihood your opponent is drawing, and the straight and flush draws on the board at the turn, your bet on the turn should have been enough to end the hand or force this player to get most/all of his chips into the pot as a pretty big underdog.

He just hit thats all, considering he called the raise preflop he was definetly calling huge anyway on the turn, he probably woulda called like 30, so really nothing you coulda done. Plus anyone who just calls after they hit their draw is a moron, so even if you bet more but he was calling anyway. No one calls that much with suited cards preflop then folds when the flush draw hits.