poker thoughts for 05 and 06

As we head to the end of another year and reflect on 05 and think ahead to 06. A few poker thoughts:1.) The number of entries at the main event has gone up and up. Is 06 the year it flatens out? or continues to grow? 10-20-30%? more??2.) Internet poker, will the US goverment step in and shutdown on-line play in the US?3.) Which online gaming site(s) will shut down due to lack of play?4.) Can DN comeback from a disapointing 05?5) Is 06 the year DN jr arrives? or maybe a Daniell.

1) it will go up not much though...2)HELL NAW... they just want their cut and they will be happy...3).............. wouldnt know I dont play at those sites....4)Yes.5)Depends on one thing... if Daniel likes to wear jimmy caps or not...

As we head to the end of another year and reflect on 05 and think ahead to 06. A few poker thoughts:1.) The number of entries at the main event has gone up and up. Is 06 the year it flatens out? or continues to grow? 10-20-30%? more??2.) Internet poker, will the US goverment step in and shutdown on-line play in the US?3.) Which online gaming site(s) will shut down due to lack of play?4.) Can DN comeback from a disapointing 05?5) Is 06 the year DN jr arrives? or maybe a Daniell.
1)20% more at the me2)no3)I think there will be a bunch of the small players going out. Carribien Sun and Gamesgrid4)yes5)not sure about that one. I would say yes.

I say we see 7,500 to 8,000 entrants in the main event next year. It's not going to really flatten out unless they raise the buy-in. I think that eventually, we'll see a $25,000 buy-in for the main event.As for online gaming, it's one of those things that the government just doesn't want to deal with. I think it's at least 15 or 20 years away form any kind of substantive decision.As for DN, it seems like he's a little more focused on outside interests than poker right now, but I bet that by the end of the year, he books at least one big tournament win. If you watched the WSOP coverage for instance, you could tell that all his reads were still dead on, but he just wasn't getting the cards.

1. ME will probably be capped at 6500. I dont think it will get any larger than that... EVER.2. Government wont step in on Internet Gaming until there is enough pressure on members of Congress to do so. To much going on... Iraq, Hurricane Relief/Reconstruction, Swelling Deficits, Social Security, etc...To many other HUGE issues that require the attention of the Federal Government than internet gaming. Only thing I could see happening is if the Dept. Of Justice, or the FBI or whoever would enforce it gets their panties in the bunch and decides to start charging people that play online, which will probably NEVER happen.3. I doubt smaller sites will shutdown, as they will be bought out by the bigger fish eg. PartyPoker, Pokerstars, and maybe even FullTilt.4. DN will most certainly rebound. I foresee a strong 2006. The cards just cant be that mean to him for that much longer... can they?5. I doubt a DN Jr is in the cards. Not for a few years I expect.

1) I'll say 7100 for the WSOP ME, popularity doesn't drop til '08 i bet2) No3) Full Tilt will be bought out4) Of course DN will rebound, at least 1 bracelet in WSOP 065) i don't think so, lol.