working on my sb defense range. this right?

I'm grossly underqualified to be answering this...But is Th7h where you want to draw the line for this?To me, small blind defense range primarily incorporates how connect-able the hand is with the flop, to play it OOP against a raise.I'd draw the line at Th8h. I overvalue suited one-gappers from no limit, and because of that I hate two-gappers. That's just me, though.

I defend my BB like a Secret Service agent defending POTUS, but I treat my small blind like the President's annoying beer-swilling brother's wife's loser kid.That is to say, I don't defend it all that enthusiastically. My SB defense problem is that when I defend, I tend to almost almost exclusively 3-bet. If a bad player limps in EP/MP, and the CO or Button raises, I 3-bet with hands like as AJ0, KJs, KQ0 (especially if I think there's ANY chance I can get this headsup) . I think I find myself calling the raise cold (and encouraging the BB and limper to come along) with hands like ATs, QJs, QTs, 9Ts, etc.If I'm calling cold, and encouraging 3/4 way action, I almost exclusively do so with suited connecting cards or suited big cards. If I'm defending solely with my high-card strength or pair strength, I'm pretty much always raisingIf there's an EP limper, I don't think I get too interested in defending. Just seems like steal raises are less likely, even if it's common knowledge that the player is bad. I FORCE myself to defend from the SB occassionally if I see someone getting out of line, but mostly so he won't get out of line AS MUCH so that he feels he has to have a hand a fair amount of the time. When it comes to SB play, I'm happy to play a little-less-than break-even poker and get taken advantage of a little bit. I think I play a little weaker from my SB because I play like a drunk from the BB. I defend from the BB with anything playable, and 3-bet as much or more than I do from the button. People generally let me run over them a little more when I play like a huckle from the BB if they see me playing tight/passive (and showing down big hands) from the SB. Seems a little more palatable to them for some reason.Jeez. I think I'm halfway to a doctorate, here. Next chapter, Iceman discusses the possible connections between breast feeding habits and SB defense. Does an oral retentive child have a greater chance of being a "Small-Blind-Bitch?"CheersIce

Yeah Ice, I don't defend sb much either. I have the same exact idea as you really.I liked this though, it was going to be a big multi-way pot.. I will defend it with T :club: 7 :D in this spot all the time. I had this come up right before I posted and defended with the T :D 6 :D because I think I can probably play it profitably..I just want to know what other people think... Can I play a suited two gapper in this pot? I liked to think I could because the UTG is a terrible player, So I knew dead money was there to take... The rest weren't very good either, nothing I'd be worried about. I'm not sure... it is a situation that rarely comes up in this game, but if the guys that were playing last night don't go broke quickly, it might be coming up a lot more.It's a two gapper I know.. lol. Interested to see what others say.Thanks for reply ice.