in 1 year what do you think your bankroll will be at

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My BR should be the same a year from now as it is taoday.I´ve got a cap on it where all $s above the limit I take out.Don´t want to move up in limits as I´ve found the limits right for me.

don't end your sentences in a preposition.
You expectin Yoda-speak? Into what category does a brazillion fit?:-)
No no, the proper way to reply to that statement is always to add a particular word at the end..."What category does a brazillion fit into, asshole?

Meh, I guess I'll answer this with an honest response.My bankroll right now is a little less than 1k. I've never had anywhere close to this much online at one time, so I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I've started to play 1/2 Limit O8 and that is going very well. Plus, I've hit a hot streak in tournaments.Pretty sure I'm getting smacked by positive variance right now though. But, I plan on trying to qualify for an O8 event in the WSOP next year, so I imagine that will cut in my fundage a little.I'll say 3k - 6k online by next year.

You can end sentences with prepositions.People who act so mighty with internet grammar anyhow, I really wonder where their brain is at.What is the below paragraph in regards to? It's discussing the use of prepositions in grammar....Usage Note: It was John Dryden who first promulgated the doctrine that a preposition may not be used at the end of a sentence, probably on the basis of a specious analogy to Latin. Grammarians in the 18th century refined the doctrine, and the rule has since become one of the most venerated maxims of schoolroom grammar. But sentences ending with prepositions can be found in the works of most of the great writers since the Renaissance. English syntax does allow for final placement of the preposition, as in We have much to be thankful for or I asked her which course she had signed up for. Efforts to rewrite such sentences to place the preposition elsewhere can have stilted and even comical results, as Winston Churchill demonstrated when he objected to the doctrine by saying “This is the sort of English up with which I cannot put.” ·Sometimes sentences that end with adverbs, such as I don't know where she will end up or It's the most curious book I've ever run across, are mistakenly thought to end in prepositions. One can tell that up and across are adverbs here, not prepositions, by the ungrammaticality of I don't know up where she will end and It's the most curious book across which I have ever run. It has never been suggested that it is incorrect to end a sentence with an adverb.

sounds like 2/3 people sre planning on moving into the $1501-$12,000 range.The poll seems pretty honest though.

A perposition is not what you should end your sentence with....Oops
Yes, that is something up with which none of us should have to put.
...Damn, I was too slow on the trigger. Well done, PA32R, you beat me to the punch.Cheers,Merby

Alright, I will finally answer the thread.My current BR is $14,000 (due, in large part, to a lucky "score" back in September). Based on the way I have been running in the past couple of months (roughly $1,000 every two weeks), it is reasonable to expect it to be at $24,000 +.I would be the first to admit that I have been running 'hot' lately, so when I inevitably 'cool down' (whether by cards or play, or most likely, both), I expect to be able to maintain a $500 to $1,000 NET profit per month (before any withdrawls from BR for other expenses). Add on the fact that I expect to make a couple "withdrawls" out of my BR for investments and RRSPs, and my BR may not show much growth at all over the next year... (at least until the investments mature ...)Bottom line: I expect my BR to be between $15,000 and $20,000 by this time next year. ...Ofcourse, if it happens to be larger... I won't complain. :wink: Cheers,Merby

Depends how you define bankroll.If I include my net winnings from poker that i currently have access to (in the form of disposable income), im already at my goal.Recently ive decided to stop withdrawing from my online account and take a real stab at the higher limits when i reach that point. As of a month and a half ago, i began playing limit with pokertracker for the first time. Ive come from a bankroll sufficient for .10/.20 to, as of yesterday, one that will suffice for 2/4. If i could get to 10/20 (and be a winning playera few months down the road, i'd be extremely pleased. That implies that my bankroll would be at least $6,000.

Current bankroll: roughly $700Bankroll by this time next year: $30,000+This might seem like what I'm "hoping" it will be, and compared to my bankroll it's quite enormous, but I've had to cash out a lot lately (for christmas and other things), but now I have nothing to spend my money on. (no bills, no rent) So I'll just be building my bankroll over the next 12 months.I averaged out the numbers based on my average monthly profit of anywhere from $1500 to $3000. I expect to increase that monthly profit by quite a bit so the end result might be far higher than what I've estimated.
What limits are you planning to play at? This sure seems unrealistic.
I'm mostly a tournament player. Tournaments where you can win $10,000 in one day with a very small (in comparison) buy-in.
dumbest thing i ever heard