how did you decide on your forum handle?

I started playing an online game back in 99 i think it was. World War II online: I needed to come up with a SN. I wanted something that would work like a callsign as well. So I came up with Greenlight, but when I went to type it in the game would not allow that many characters, so I had to shorten it down to Greenlyt. I have been using that since.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh I love telling this story . . .It was my university days, many years ago . . *sigh*A buddy Gary and I are at the bar, having a few cold ones, and we head back up to the bar. This is around the time that 'Doogie Howser' is on the air, and for some reason Gary has taken to calling me 'Dr Doogie' since I was a fan of the show.So we approach the bar, and Gary yells 'Dr Doogie hurry up will ya?'. Well these two lovely ladies spin their heads at the sounds of a Dr in the house, and come over to introduce themselves. Gary being ever the salesman, immediately steps up and introduces himself. Before I could do that, one of the girls says 'So which of you is the Doctor'? Gary immedialy sees the opportunity, and says 'This is Dr Doogie - we just call him that becauses hes a doctor at such a young age'. Well the one girl just eats it up - Im keeping my cool just standing there smiling as Gary plays it up.So we chat for awhile, and I can tell the other girl is a bit suspicious. Finally she asks 'So what kind of doctor are you anyway?' Gary immediately pipes up 'Pediatrist' (Gynacologist would have been just TOO obvious). She raises an eyebrow, looks directly at me and says 'spell it'. Unfortunately, I had a few wobbly-pops in me, and I misheard what Gary said - I thought he said 'Podiatrist', a foot doctor. So I proceed to spell it incorrectly. She looks back at Gary quickly and says what does a Podiatrist do? Gary say he's a children's doctor . . and suddenly the gig is up.The other girl listens to this, gets a nasty look on her face , stands up and yells 'You . . . you . . .you . . .Devilkins!!!' and storms off. Gary and I just look at each other trying figure out whether we were just insulted or what?We went home afterwards and looked it up, finding out it means 'playful imp'. Well my Dr Doogie nickname went out the window, and Devilkin took its place for the rest of my university career . . and I've used it ever since.Im miss the good ol' days . . .Dev

I typically use "Larry" as my handle. But, in the poker world (2plus2 forums etc) I got in too late and so used my backup "elkang". My name is Larry Kang, and I too am a writer for Avon romance novels. just kidding. - the "el" is both spanish ("the" or "sir") and the phonetic for the letter "L", my first initial.I hope I haven't wasted anyone's time. Wish my story was more interesting. My Korean name is much more interesting/sad/funny.

I constantly find myself in situations where my forum name is all I have...
HA! See now that is good.

I've always been called Lyle Crocodile by family and friends. It not only ryhmes, but it comes from a series of old chilrens books with Lyle the Crocodile as the main character. Such titles as "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile", "Lyle at the Office", "Lyle and the Birthday Party", & "Lyle Finds His Mother". :-) My name is Crocolyle on every site I play on...although I just started one on PokerStars and Crocolyle was taken!...but I settled for Crocolyle14 since 14 was my baseball number growing up. The avatar is from playing on JetSetPoker.com

O'siyo (Hello in Cherokee)tsalagi is the Cherokee word for "Cherokee".It is pronounced Jaah Laah Kee.My mother is Cherokee, Grandparents and so on....way back.Doe Dah Dah Go Huh Eee (We'll see each other again)There is no Cherokee word for goodbye.

I'm old enough to remember and be a fan of the muppets so...'Kramit' is from a skit Adam Sandler did with Kermit and Big Bird getting stoned together.Toad - well I'm bigger and uglier than any frog  :shock:
I think it's k-r-E-m-i-t not with an A but an E....fyi.

Pogue Mahone means Kiss My A$$ in Gaelic.I used to go by a different SN on Party Poker, but Pogue Mahone was what I usually wanted to say to the lames that cold called my raises, flopped an inside str8 draw with one of their unsuited/unmatched cards and chased and caught that miracle on 5th street. So I just keep the sentiment in my name and type, "nh". :shock:

It used to be no_onion1985, still my messenger sns, then on another board I used Jaded in the name, became jaded, jaded85 is now my poker sn's, and The Ace of Jades just sounded cool in my opinion.And anyone find it interesting that unclebuck posted right before doc holiday and unclebuck has Val Kilmer as Doc Holiday as his avatar???"Thats just the drunk piano player, I bet he's so drunk he's seein double.""I have two guns, one for each of ya."Or somethin like that. Great portrayel and the scene where he's tqirlin the shot mug on his finger after the guy was doin it with the revolver was hilarious.

Nacho=My "spanish" name in my spanish class a few semesters ago...The guys thought it was cool, so it kinda stuck.I give the prize to Devilkin tho...That is exactly the kind of thing me and my friends would do...And when I read it, I thought you meant podiatrist initially, and I'm sober, so u really had no chance w/ a few drinks in u.

only got my name from the greatest movie everby the way, i have to agree with wrto on this, older ladies =sexy
Yeah... we are. ;)theresa113... OK, theresa for Theresa, I think that is the obvious part, though someone once thought is was the resa. 113 is for my birthday, November 3rd, so now that you all know I expect lots of presents this year since I will be turning 40! :shock:
My first and last girlfriend's ages were 45 and 56. What can I say? Older women make beautiful lovers.
Hey...why are older women like dog doo???The older they get the easier they are to pick up.

Nickname of mine ... first in high school, then in college. Each developed independently though, since no one else from my high school went to college with me, which was weird. It comes from my last name, which is Holderness and somehow gets turned into Wilderness.At most other online forums before this one though, I always used *MatCauthon* as my nick because he's probably my favorite book character ever.

I am actually a very introverted person. I created an alter ego of sorts that can say and do the things that i feel. Over the years I have learned to be more outgoing and to take more chances. When i started playing poker I once again had to learn to be more aggressive

from my experience most americans don't know what a jaffa cake is, but it is the most delicious cake ever...
You're right. I don't know what it is. But, now I want one!

I once had a totally black cat named Eclypse (not a single hair that wasn't black--very uncommon). Had her for many many years.I sell rare books for a living and my company name is Eclypse Books.I am Eclypse on just about every forum and poker site.