Ok so i'm playing a small homegame w/ my friends at blinds of $.10/.25 cents when the following hand comes up I am in 3rd position and look down to see AJo The table is 6 handed and is generaly loose. The UTG player limps... this played is the best player at our game behind myself and can be fairly tricky at times...He does however limo weak hands out of position and has several big flaws but nonetheless, he is one of the best at our game. So the 2nd position folds and i raise it to $.80 Everyone folds to the Sb, a loose player, who calls, UTG also calls At this point here is nothing out of the ordinary Flop: 2 7 J (2 diamonds) Great flop for me, now note, a player had folded his cards face up preflop, and he showed 72, he is now scomplaining abou the flop Sb checks, limper checks, I bet $1.60 Sb fold but the Limper reraises me $3 more Now this doesnt worry me much because basically i put him on K w. lower kicker or maybe a draw, so i reraise him $5 more But at this point he quickly announces "All In" I had about a stack of $42 and his was around $32 (at the beginning of the hand) Here i definately should have taken more thought but i did not I did think about the entire hand tho 22 or 77 was possible, but because of the 72 showing i discounted those hands This player had Slowpayed AA and KK against me before preflop, w/ out raising it, but there were multiple opponents in againt him and i personally thought it would be dumb to play Aces or Kings like that in this hand So therefore the only hasnds that really made sense was KJ or QJ or something like that....Well, i ended up callin and......... What are your opinions? Hand result will be stated later

I tend to just call the raise on the flop and reeval on the turn.I probably check/call down UI.If you think he could have slowplayed an overpair.. well.. he probably did. Would he push all in with just a pair of jacks? Would he push all in with just the flush draw? I can't really see calling anything that doesnt have you beat. Was the jack a diamond? He could have top pair with the flush draw or any of the pairs with the flush draw?Generally though, I can't see him holding something that you beat, and with the huge overbet that he put in there.. I tend to find a better spot.-fop

If you're playing a reasonable player, I'd never reraise a check-raise with just top pair. When they jam all-in after showing this much strength, I think you pretty much have to fold. Your best-case scenario is something like 10-9 of diamonds that leaves you in a virtual coinflip, and you're likely drawing to two outs against an overpair. Basically, you hold the weakest hand you could possibly be raising that hard with, so I think if he goes all-in at this point, you have to drop it.