meh...lay this down?

Ok so i'm playing a small homegame w/ my friends at blinds of $.10/.25 cents when the following hand comes upI am in 3rd position and look down to see AJoThe table is 6 handed and is generaly loose. The UTG player limps...this played is the best player at our game behind myself and can be fairly tricky at times...He does however limo weak hands out of position and has several big flaws but nonetheless, he is one of the best at our game.So the 2nd position folds and i raise it to $.80Everyone folds to the Sb, a loose player, who calls, UTG also callsAt this point here is nothing out of the ordinaryFlop: 2 7 J (2 diamonds)Great flop for me, now note, a player had folded his cards face up preflop, and he showed 72, he is now scomplaining abou the flopSb checks, limper checks, I bet $1.60Sb fold but the Limper reraises me $3 moreNow this doesnt worry me much because basically i put him on K w. lower kicker or maybe a draw, so i reraise him $5 moreBut at this point he quickly announces "All In"I had about a stack of $42 and his was around $32 (at the beginning of the hand)Here i definately should have taken more thought but i did notI did think about the entire hand tho22 or 77 was possible, but because of the 72 showing i discounted those handsThis player had Slowpayed AA and KK against me before preflop, w/ out raising it, but there were multiple opponents in againt him and i personally thought it would be dumb to play Aces or Kings like that in this handSo therefore the only hasnds that really made sense was KJ or QJ or something like that....Well, i ended up callin and......... What are your opinions?Hand result will be stated later

unless you have a good read on the player I would lay it down, has he gone all in yet? what kinds of cards has he shown down? All in seems like a really large over bet on a pot that didn't have a lot of money.I fold move on, unless he likes to try to push people around.

Again, this is a question that is very dependent on your reads and his previous play at the table. But based on you describing his play, I think I would fold. If he has been known to limp with weak hands out of position, he could very well have J 7 and have flopped 2 pair. If you have the A :club: , then at the very best you're drawing to 3 Aces plus a backdoor flush draw. I would advise you to fold, although I would have probably called and got sucked out on by some donkey with a diamond draw.

is the J a diamond? If not then i could see him having top pair good kicker with a flush draw. Or he could have made J7, or he could have something like 10 9 of diamonds and hes going for both flush and straight draw. Unless its a big bluff or he completely overplayed his hand i cant see you being anything more than a coinflip here and theres a good chance your dominated if he has 2 pair or slowplayed AA

You probably should lay it down, unless its an aggressive oponant. That's the rational part of me talking. In practice, I'd probably call myself, and since I play at lower limits where a lot of players play any top pair like its the nuts, I might get away with it.

yea well this was definately a loose game, but i know for a fact this player would not play j7, especially UTGand atb these games u can susually make weaker calls than elsewhere, because people tend to overvalu their hands too much