phil wearing that white silk scarf last night made,,

I found it very refreshing that all the players were so dresseed up. It removed some of the silliness that can often be associated with poker (especially as presented by the ESPN) and made it seem more akin to the James Bond, high roller style of gambling that is much more aesthetically appealing. Although I haven't decided how I feel about those rectangular chip things yet.I also fine it much, much more interesting when they show every hand instead of all-in fests as the do on other shows. I wish the blind structure had been a bit slower so we could see some real playing by these top pros (yes, I understand that they had to fit the entire show into four hours, but I don't think I'm the only one who can watch this stuff for countless hours on end).

I found it very refreshing that all the players were so dresseed up. It removed some of the silliness that can often be associated with poker (especially as presented by the ESPN) and made it seem more akin to the James Bond, high roller style of gambling that is much more aesthetically appealing. Although I haven't decided how I feel about those rectangular chip things yet.
Agreed, and the chips were cool to look at and those rectangular ones look good stacked high, but I still like the asthetics of the WSOP style chips.

I thought it was one of the best poker shows ever broadcasted. Devilfish raising everyhand and people folding hands like KQ, JQ, A8, 33, etc. There was a lot to learn for bad players who think these kinds of hands are golden.also a great but polite Hellmuth blowupa gus suckoutgood needlingand an Ivey winoverall a great broadcast