how to deal with the stress

we're into the antes now, which is why i love UB tourneys...so many easy pots out there. my table still has an assload of chips, but everyone is just takin it slow so far. under 90 nowgl to you too
Lol, who makes their handle based off a medicine? Kind of funny :club:

for all my fantasy team names i always just look at stuff in my room and pick a name for it, just so happened to have a box of theraflu sitting in front of me when i made my first poker account, and Theraflu was created...on UB im pagodayea though, unfortunately

ughim sitting around 18k, short stack goes all in for 1500 or so, guy behind him just calls, i got jj, i just call.flop comes 10-8-6, other guy bets 3k, i raise to 7500, he goes all in ,only another 2900 to me, so i feel i gotta call, flips over kings, and the short stack ends up catchin a flush to win that pot...picked up aces the next hand and went all in trying to play the role of the on-tilt guy, no one calls, down to 7k now, about 2500 below average.that ****in smooth call...i dont see how i ever fold if he doesnt raise w/the kings.edit:: i guess w/more time i prolly woulda folded instead of raising, he prolly has trips or the overpair, cuz no reason to bluff into a big stack...but in 20 seconds i couldnt make the right decision. god damn tournaments

One answer is not to play in tournaments. Seriously. The tournament style of play doesn't suit everyone. If it happens not to suit you, if you don't get enough of what attracts you to poker in the first place, play cash games, or single-table sit-and-goes, or something else entirely. Alternatively, you can try to learn to appreciate and like aspects of tournament play that have nothing to do with winning or losing. If you can manage this, then you will find something sustainng about playing tournaments that can keep you going while you wait for luck, in combination with whatever skills you bring to the table, to bring you your money finishes.One thing that helps is playing a lot of tournaments. By doing so, you make winning or making money in any particular tournament less important because there's always the next one. This is one of the appeals of the big tournament series, with a new tourney every day. If you bust out early in today's event, there is always tomorrow's, or maybe a second-chance tournament in the evening, single-table satellites and supersatellites, to say nothing of juicy cash games.Does this help any?
Seriously. This is a brilliant post. I used to really be mad when I would get sucked out on in a big tourneys. (I still have nightmares about the beat that Al Krux put on me to knock me out of a $200+15 double shootout.)But ever since I started playing lots of tournaments to try for the monthly TLB on Stars, I really can't remember a wicked bad beat or feeling really upset about a singular tourney. Typically I just walk it off and get ready for the next one (if I am not already in the next one).

i do love harringtons short stack strategy, works wonders when your M is 4 to 7 and big stacks just call with shitty cards...easy to pick up pots. this might turn into one of those where i just feel like id rather make 40 bucks than lose 30...we'll see

Stressed?Get over it.You're not a soldier, policeman, firefighter, doctor, etc...You're playing a game.
change ur avatar loser
Does John Basedow, Fitness Celebrity make you nervous?
Stressed?Get over it.You're not a soldier, policeman, firefighter, doctor, etc...You're playing a game.
Go away.People feel stress in all walks of life, especially when you're dealing with something that is supposed to be enjoyable- but, for whatever reason, is not. Your post was not funny, clever, or helpful. Therefor, you're just another idiot that you think you may be superior to.