rate these t v series' box sets

Here is a list of box sets I am wondering about. If you are familiar with any of them please let me know if it is a good show or if I should pass on it.Curb Your EnthusiasmHouseDesperate HousewivesArrested DevelopmentOffice (UK Version)FireflyMurder OneThe O.C.24Nip/TuckSix Feet UnderDeadwoodAliasMilleniumCarnivaleOne Tree HillOZProfilerQueer As FolkDead Like MeThe ShieldLas VegasGilmore GirlsHomicide: Life on the StreetTru Calling

The Office is probably the best thing that's ever been on british tv, and that's saying quite a lot.I'm an absolute Firefly fanatic so I'm going to say yes, buy it. Objectively speaking, most people agree it's brilliant, but not everyone does. Las Vegas is pretty crappy but entertaining. It's worth a watch.

arrested development, hands down...seasons 1 and 2 are availible on DVD now, season 3 stars charlize theron :)not to mention its probaly soem of the best writing and acting on TV
Sold!

comedy: arrested dev, a close second: curb your enthusiasm... honorable mentions to the office, but only seen 2 episodeother: 24, deadwoodand so help me god, if you end up with either the O.C or Gilmour Girls in your possession... well lets just say i might be disapointed...your bigger than i am

comedy: arrested dev, a close second: curb your enthusiasm... honorable mentions to the office, but only seen 2 episodeother: 24, deadwoodand so help me god, if you end up with either the O.C or Gilmour Girls in your possession... well lets just say i might be disapointed...your bigger than i am
One of the perks of having a wife is that if you have some "less than manly" possessions in your collection (Gilmour Girls, Desperate Housewives, West Side Story Special Edition, etc) you can just say it's for her! 8)I feel pretty!
Here is a list of box sets I am wondering about. If you are familiar with any of them please let me know if it is a good show or if I should pass on it.24AliasMilleniumOZProfilerDead Like MeHomicide: Life on the Street
24, one of the best thriller to grace TV screens for years. The real time concept works amazingly well, stories are well written and the acting is top notch (Kiefer Sutherland, Dennis Hooper, Lou Diamond Phillips...). The DVD boxsets are loaded with bonuses : deleted scenes, commentary tracks, alternate endings (filmed to prevent advance spoilers to some episodes), etc etc. If you only buy one series, buy this one.Alias is a good action/spy show. There is a hinty of Mission : Impossible in it, because of the pace, the action, but also because of the improbable technology used. It's entertaining.Millenium, amazing Chris Carter (x-files) show that begins as a profiler/serial killer series and turns into a race against the apocalypse. Third season was a let down, but the real ending to the series is a X-Files episodes (in one of the last seasons) named Millenium (included in the 3rd Millenium boxset, iirc)OZ, great prison show, but you have to like prison shows.Profiler : subpar thriller series but with good acting (Robert Davi & Julian McMahon are in it). Last season isn't worth shit.Dead Like Me : Amazing comedy/drama/fantasy series about recently dead people recruited as grim reapers. Cancelled too soon.Homicide : One of the best cop shows ever. period.
OP, you watch a lot of TV man.
Yes, I do a lot of everything (except sleep).
I try to do the same. After my kids are in bed at 8:00. I have limited time to do all. TV (sadly) is one of my favourite things. That balanced with poker, poker books and wife time doesn't allow me to watch too many new programs.You don't like Lost?
OP, you watch a lot of TV man.
Yes, I do a lot of everything (except sleep).
I try to do the same. After my kids are in bed at 8:00. I have limited time to do all. TV (sadly) is one of my favourite things. That balanced with poker, poker books and wife time doesn't allow me to watch too many new programs.You don't like Lost?
I already have Lost. I love it!