doyle and chip both lose $45 million

As I was reading the forum, I came accross this thread and would like to address 1 post in perticular:"Bluff Magazine is also the very controversial magazine that a lot of people despise, due to them putting in slander and rumors about players."First, Bluff is not a controversial magazine. We wrote one piece about Gus Hansen being broke and the next thing you know we killed the Pope! For the record, Bluff has never commited slander or started any rumors about any players. This is a fact, not a statement.The piece about Gus Hansen actually came from this site. FCP was the first site to break the story. If anyone would like to go back in the forum and research, you will find this to be true.I would also like to state, that Poker Pro's going broke is hardly out of the norm and I think Daniel would back me up on this 100%. Many of the respected pros have backers for this very reason.Saying this, we have gone back and issued an apology to both Daniel and Gus. I am not sure why this topic keeps coming up, but it was a very small piece that was printed back in Aug!If anyone would like to email me to further discuss the above, please feel free to do so at eric@bluffmedia.com.Happy Holidays,

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever consider calling an all in with JJ then decide to fold it just to learn your opponent had 1010. You just missed out on a chance to double your $ but you didn't lose that $ by not calling.
Or you can call someones all in with queens to find they have jacks and they catch a miracle jack on the flop. You lost.
So how do they "lose" 45 million? I get what you're saying, but to say they lost money is idiotic.
Lost out on making 45 mill. due to the success of the WPT if they would have invested.
Yeah, I get that, but that's like saying we all lost $1 Billion by not investing in Microsoft in 1980.
probably an analogy at its finest.

In Super System 2, Doyle Brunson actually addresses the issue of not backing the World Poker Tour and admits it was a mistake and it was the first time he had the opportunity to invest in his sport and he did not, because he had been burned on many non-poker related investments in the past.Best Wishes,RTK

Bluff was all over the Nick and Jessica breakup.Didn't they report that Nick was over at Lance Bass' house playing Omaha while Jessica packed up and left.Apparently she finally left him cuz he went broke, and heard that I'd been totally pwning sit n go's in preperation for the FCP team challenge.Hope I don't get hit by a bus. :shock:

That is not what I said! I stated, "That the story broke here first on FCP." Amy Calistri, who wrote the story is not a visitor to this site. My point being, that I was first made aware of the Gus Hansen rumor via this site.As the publisher/co-owner of Bluff, I give our writers the freedom to write what they want. If we have any problems with the articles, we will go back and fact check. Amy's sources are other professional players!This Forum only reinforced what Amy had written!Mike, not sure where you are going with Nick and Jessica's breakup, but if you think this has anything to do with poker, Gus Hansen or Bluff, then by all means continue.I have been very standup when it comes to mistakes Bluff has made. I have taken responsibility and have made amends. I honestly don't think the 3 sentences that were written 4 months ago should reflect Bluff being a gossip magazine. This could not be any further from the truth.This would be like people calling FCP a gossip website! Our articles may be edgy, but contriversial... not at all!

That is not what I said!  I stated, "That the story broke here first on FCP."  Amy Calistri, who wrote the story is not a visitor to this site.  My point being, that I was first made aware of the Gus Hansen rumor via this site.As the publisher/co-owner of Bluff, I give our writers the freedom to write what they want.  If we have any problems with the articles, we will go back and fact check.   Amy's sources are other professional players!This Forum only reinforced what Amy had written!Mike, not sure where you are going with Nick and Jessica's breakup, but if you think this has anything to do with poker, Gus Hansen or Bluff, then by all means continue.I have been very standup when it comes to mistakes Bluff has made.  I have taken responsibility and have made amends.   I honestly don't think the 3 sentences that were written 4 months ago should reflect Bluff being a gossip magazine.  This could not be any further from the truth.This would be like people calling FCP a gossip website!  Our articles may be edgy, but contriversial... not at all!
I expect to see my story in the next issue.
That is not what I said!  I stated, "That the story broke here first on FCP."  Amy Calistri, who wrote the story is not a visitor to this site.  My point being, that I was first made aware of the Gus Hansen rumor via this site.As the publisher/co-owner of Bluff, I give our writers the freedom to write what they want.  If we have any problems with the articles, we will go back and fact check.   Amy's sources are other professional players!This Forum only reinforced what Amy had written!Mike, not sure where you are going with Nick and Jessica's breakup, but if you think this has anything to do with poker, Gus Hansen or Bluff, then by all means continue.I have been very standup when it comes to mistakes Bluff has made.  I have taken responsibility and have made amends.   I honestly don't think the 3 sentences that were written 4 months ago should reflect Bluff being a gossip magazine.  This could not be any further from the truth.This would be like people calling FCP a gossip website!  Our articles may be edgy, but contriversial... not at all!
This is how Bluff gathers it's stories? By listening to knuckleheads on internet forums joke around?!Good lord.

Mike, once again I am not sure where you are going. To be honest, I really don't understand any aspect of your last post.Seems that you are making unfounded assumptions and then trying to get someone to back you up. If you want to ask me any questions regarding Bluff, please feel free to do so. I have nothing to hide and am willing to answer anything you throw at me. However, don't insult me by making silly statements.

So how do they "lose" 45 million?  I get what you're saying, but to say they lost money is idiotic.
Lost out on making 45 mill. due to the success of the WPT if they would have invested.
Yeah, I get that, but that's like saying we all lost $1 Billion by not investing in Microsoft in 1980.
If you knew Bill Gates, agreed to invest, and then backed out... you LOST 1 billion dollars and future generations in your family will be leaving turds on your grave.
Mike, once again I am not sure where you are going.  To be honest, I really don't understand any aspect of your last post.Seems that you are making unfounded assumptions and then trying to get someone to back you up.   If you want to ask me any questions regarding Bluff, please feel free to do so.  I have nothing to hide and am willing to answer anything you throw at me.  However, don't insult me by making silly statements.
Eric, seriously.I made a joke for the amusement of the forum and you take it semi-seriously like I'm calling you and your magazine out.I'll be honest. I am not a fan of your magazine.I picked it up once out of curiosity, found in littered with errors and gossipy content which reeked of a lack of substance.Credibility and respect are the most important things you can have in the media industry. I know this very well working in it myself.Your credibility comes into question when you full well admit that the basis of a story came from an internet forum thread, where we'll post pretty much anything for a laugh.There are some very strong creative writers on this forum who I'm sure could fool you into believing there is some substance to their claims.I feel you have a long way to go to approach the level of CardPlayer.Your persistance to pick a fight with me over an obvious joke not only compromises your integrity, but seems like an attempt to get some cheap publicity amongst members of this forum who might want to pick up your magazine out of curiosity to see what your magazine is about.Good luck to you in the future.Sincerely,Mike Patrick