doyle and chip both lose $45 million

Was reading the new issue of Bluff magazine (with Jeff Gordon on the cover) and inside they had an interview with Lyle Berman in which he says that Doyle Brunson and Chip Reese (who were the only 2 poker pros they came to for financial support for the WPT) cost themselves $45 million each for backing out of the WPT.They had initially agreed to give $1 million but backed out shortly after.Now thats a bad beat :club:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how do they "lose" 45 million? I get what you're saying, but to say they lost money is idiotic.
Lost out on making 45 mill. due to the success of the WPT if they would have invested.
So how do they "lose" 45 million? I get what you're saying, but to say they lost money is idiotic.
Lost out on making 45 mill. due to the success of the WPT if they would have invested.
Yeah, I get that, but that's like saying we all lost $1 Billion by not investing in Microsoft in 1980.
Yeah, I get that, but that's like saying we all lost $1 Billion by not investing in Microsoft in 1980.
Yeah but did you agree to invest in Microsoft and then back out?
Yeah but did you agree to invest in Microsoft and then back out?
to quote Kelso from That 70's ShowBUUURRRRNNNNNNThis does make a good point.But Zimmer wasn't alive in 1980. So there ya go.
Did you ever consider calling an all in with JJ then decide to fold it just to learn your opponent had 1010. You just missed out on a chance to double your $ but you didn't lose that $ by not calling.
This is true but I think the funny thing is that these guys turned down a chance to invest in the very game that made them rich and famous only to have it expolde costing them many many many millions more.
Did you ever consider calling an all in with JJ then decide to fold it just to learn your opponent had 1010. You just missed out on a chance to double your $ but you didn't lose that $ by not calling.
This is true but I think the funny thing is that these guys turned down a chance to invest in the very game that made them rich and famous only to have it expolde costing them many many many millions more.
Have you read any posts in this thread? :club:
Was reading the new issue of Bluff magazine (with Jeff Gordon on the cover) and inside they had an interview with Lyle Berman in which he says that Doyle Brunson and Chip Reese (who were the only 2 poker pros they came to for financial support for the WPT) cost themselves $45 million each for backing out of the WPT.They had initially agreed to give $1 million but backed out shortly after.Now thats a bad beat :club:
I think Barry got a piece of that.
Bluff Magazine is also the very controversial magazine that a lot of people despise, due to them putting in slander and rumors about players.
It was Lyle Berman who said it, not any writer from Bluff.
u got pwned by a newb lol

In a related note my shares of WPTE went up rather significantly today.. like over 25%... not sure what happened but it keeps doing this.everytime any poker announcemnet happens this stock spikes... then comes down.... then spikes again.When they sign the PPT Tv deal... that stock is going to skyrocket.or if Doyle puts together another deal... one that he can actually prove on paper.