great score for the bankroll last night on stars

I remember at the start of this year. I took the first Monday and Tuesday off in January because it was frigid outside and I didn't want to work in it. So I called in sick and played poker for both days. I played 5 tournaments those 2 days. I won 1 and made 2 final tables in 2 others, and cashed in 1 more. For it all I ended up making just over 3400 bux. I ended up getting paid for my sick days as well :club: It was a great start to a great year.

i finished 124th in a $10+$1 MTT last night which paid out $13.58 after 3 hours of playing.I usually dont like to brag, but well i just felt compelled to this time for some reason.

Won two 180player 20$ Sit n Go's for 1080$ a pieceWhat kind of SnG that waits for 180 players? If it's 18 players SnG how could it be $1080?Oh anyway who cares, congrats!
They are on PokerStars... it's there new S&G's.. they wait for 180 players, and pay the final table I think. They run all day.
Yesterday I took the day off work, came home and played some tournaments. Won two 180player 20$ Sit n Go's for 1080$ a piece, and late last night I chopped the 20$ MTT heads up for another 1062$. What a great day.
thats a lot of poker and computer screen staring
Yesterday I took the day off work, came home and played some tournaments. Won two 180player 20$ Sit n Go's for 1080$ a piece, and late last night I chopped the 20$ MTT heads up for another 1062$. What a great day.
Way to go and keep it up! Hope to have a day like that sometime myself.

Is this the big score thread now? I guess so.Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I had a big loss and knocked my active bankroll down to $400 (from about $1800). I tried moving down and playing lower stakes in the afternoon. That got me up to $650.Then later in the evening, I just said "f*ck it" and bought into a 3/6 NL game for $600 of my remaining $650. The turning point was a pot where someone put me all-in for my last $200 or $250 on the turn when I just had the nut flush draw. I called and it turned out that I didn't even need to hit my flush because all he had was an open-ender.When I left the table, I was up to about $1800. Then, I sat down at another NL 600 table and won $1300. At that point, I started drinking and then got into a 15/30 game. I played for a couple hours in that game and won $1500 before I decided that I was too drunk and I should quit for the night. Anyway, the upshot is that playing only cash games, I ran my bankroll from $400 to $4600 in one day.Since then, I've had an awesome run playing mid-level limit games, (mainly 15/30, but with some 20/40 and 30/60 mixed in), and I have turned that $4600 into over $10,000.Sorry to hijack your bragging thread, but I couldn't help myself.

Actually, I have too; when I first started playing 5/10 and 10/20. I was up good for a couple weeks, then my internet was off for a week and a half, and when I came back, I blew most of my bankroll in one night. I really think though that if I just concentrate and leave the game for the night whenever I lose 25 BBs, I should be fine. I've actually got a large enough bankroll to play 15/30 and 20/40 right now with 200 BBs, and the way I've been beating the games, I don't se any reason to quit. I've logged over 20 hours in the last week and a half in limit games, and I'm averaging over 7 BBs an hour. While I realize that's an unsustainable rate, I really think it's more likely to be a 4 BB variation from a 3 BB/hr rate than a 8 BB/hr rate from being a -EV player.I'm going to go ahead and keep taking money out as I win, and I'll reevaulate if I lose say 75-100 BB or something, but at this point, I don't see any possible reason to move down.

Is this the big score thread now? I guess so.Anyway, about a week and a half ago, I had a big loss and knocked my active bankroll down to $400 (from about $1800). I tried moving down and playing lower stakes in the afternoon. That got me up to $650.Then later in the evening, I just said "f*ck it" and bought into a 3/6 NL game for $600 of my remaining $650. The turning point was a pot where someone put me all-in for my last $200 or $250 on the turn when I just had the nut flush draw. I called and it turned out that I didn't even need to hit my flush because all he had was an open-ender.When I left the table, I was up to about $1800. Then, I sat down at another NL 600 table and won $1300. At that point, I started drinking and then got into a 15/30 game. I played for a couple hours in that game and won $1500 before I decided that I was too drunk and I should quit for the night. Anyway, the upshot is that playing only cash games, I ran my bankroll from $400 to $4600 in one day.Since then, I've had an awesome run playing mid-level limit games, (mainly 15/30, but with some 20/40 and 30/60 mixed in), and I have turned that $4600 into over $10,000.Sorry to hijack your bragging thread, but I couldn't help myself.
Players like this make poker very profitable for many of us. :club:

BTW, I realized I never congratulated the OP. Making a $4000 score being reckless and putting your entire bankroll on a table is one thing, but actually being responsible, and winning over $1000 in 3 $20 MTTs, that's amazing. With those kind of skills, I'm sure you'll do great in the long run.