I still dont understand how some people cant comprehend the "debug mode blah blah" screen and end up posting the same thing 5x.DONT HIT REFRESH, DONT GO BACK AND HIT SUBMITJust click "view your posts" and it will be right at the top all orange and ready for you

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game. In a wild turn of events everybody limps in. You go to look at your cards and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :D 8 :D or A :) A :D . Which one do you choose and why?
I'd choose AA because they are bullets. The bullets to the gun. :club:
Now, while I agree in principal that AA is a massive favourite every time, i think you also have to consider that all the other players (as far as we know) chose to limp in, rather than you, who was forced to.Think about the likely hands people are gonna limp with, small pairs, big suited connectors, and, i think crucially, the other 2 Aces would most likely be in other people's hands, leaving it very difficult for you to improve. sure you might win with your pair of aces, but you've gotta think someones gonna make at least 2 pair somewhere along the line. That said, 78 is gonna make a hell of a lot of second-best hands, and you could actually lose more with it than with the Aces.Obviously no-one's forcing you to play it to the end (Or are they....?), and personally I too would take Aces, but I think its a lot closer of a call than you guys are givin credit for, and fair play to the OP for creating a bit of intelligent discussion, even I've started to argue with myself i think...
what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

First of take AA everytime. And the idea that one couldn't get away from AA after the flop is about as dumb. With that many limpers anything is possible so if you play a decent amount you realize that top pair concealed or not isn't really that strong of a hand so you're going to play with caution. You make the assumption that in a 9 way pot you hit your 569 flop that I'm going to pay you off, why? There are 9 people in the hand and anyone of them could easily limped with 55,66,99, 78, 56.

Now, while I agree in principal that AA is a massive favourite every time, i think you also have to consider that all the other players (as far as we know) chose to limp in, rather than you, who was forced to.Think about the likely hands people are gonna limp with, small pairs, big suited connectors, and, i think crucially, the other 2 Aces would most likely be in other people's hands, leaving it very difficult for you to improve. sure you might win with your pair of aces, but you've gotta think someones gonna make at least 2 pair somewhere along the line. That said, 78 is gonna make a hell of a lot of second-best hands, and you could actually lose more with it than with the Aces.Obviously no-one's forcing you to play it to the end (Or are they....?), and personally I too would take Aces, but I think its a lot closer of a call than you guys are givin credit for, and fair play to the OP for creating a bit of intelligent discussion, even I've started to argue with myself i think...
what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
back off bully...let people speak their minds...wow, did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

I've got to go with AA every time. You've got a, what, 8 to 1 shot of hitting trips, and then you've got top set, already a very strong hand even with 9 people in the pot, with a chance at the board pairing giving you a full house.Meanwhile with 89 your looking for a flush or a straight draw. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the odds of that happening are not much better then AA hitting for the set, but with the 89 you are still most likely going to be on a draw. If you're card doesn't hit, you have nothing. This is rough, but if you really crunched the numbers, I think my reasoning would hold up.Please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'll have to make some adjustments to my already flawed game.

I was wrong about this topic.sorry everyone, I'm going to read SS1
FYP
Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game. In a wild turn of events everybody limps in. You go to look at your cards and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :club: 8 :D or A :D A :D . Which one do you choose and why?
Are you freaking kidding me? What a dumb question.Screw the "suga", pass the Aces!DPRCEO2003www.danspokerroom.com
ok...lets look at it this way...9 way action you have 78s and I have AA...you push all in, 7 others call before me...do you expect me to fold preflop in this situation????CALL EVERY TIME...you deserve lifelong flaming...better put on your firesuit
back off bully...let people speak their minds...wow, did u wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
i think crucially, the other 2 Aces would most likely be in other people's hands,
does it? I've always believed that it didn't matter how many people are playing along with you, the chance of you hitting you're cards are not affected. And if anything, the fact that everyone else limped in makes it less likely that one of them holds one of your aces.
Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game. In a wild turn of events everybody limps in. You go to look at your cards and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :club: 8 :D or A :D A :D . Which one do you choose and why?
Are you freaking kidding me? What a dumb question.Screw the "suga", pass the Aces!DPRCEO2003www.danspokerroom.com
ok...lets look at it this way...9 way action you have 78s and I have AA...you push all in, 7 others call before me...do you expect me to fold preflop in this situation????CALL EVERY TIME...you deserve lifelong flaming...better put on your firesuit
wow i really have to re-evaluate my poker play. i was completely unaware that you can push all in in limit hold em. read the post fully next time. but yea i was prepared for flaming
Clearly you have won this battle, as any time a debater quotes "Billy Madison" in his verbal assault, victory shall be his.
Say someone holds you up at gunpoint and forces you to limp UTG without looking at your cards in a LHE cash game. In a wild turn of events everybody limps in. You go to look at your cards pre flop and in another wild turn of events you get to choose 7 :club: 8 :D or A :D A :D . Which one do you choose and why?
In other words,Would you rather limp with AA or 78s UTG in a full ring game?You'll never be a Clarica Agent Mr. OP.

Any of you guys who chose 78suited wanna get a game goin on pokerstars sometime next week?Pick whatever buy-in you want... i'll take out a loan if i have to.Oh, and let's hope you get your shining 78s on the first hand. 4 of you. And I get my AA.After all, if the flop comes 9/T/J of your suit... I"ll never see it coming!! And therein lies the genius of your play. Think of your implied odds in this tournament! ... ... and try not to think about EV and all that complicated fools math.

There's another thing that the 78s crowd hasn't thought of at all. How likely is it that of the 9 limpers, one of them has something like A-6s or J-10s or K-Qs of your suit. How hard is it going to be for you to get away from your shiny flush when someone could easily have a better one that leaves you drawing dead? I bet that's going to be way harder to get away from than AA.It's true that suited connectors play well in multi-way pots, but with a full nine players, there's a really good chance that the flush isn't even good, and if it is, you certainly won't get paid off. The only flops for which 7-8s are the nuts are 4-5-6, 5-6-9, and 8-8-7. You have a way better chance of flopping a set of aces than you do of hitting one of those miracles.

There's another thing that the 78s crowd hasn't thought of at all. How likely is it that of the 9 limpers, one of them has something like A-6s or J-10s or K-Qs of your suit. How hard is it going to be for you to get away from your shiny flush when someone could easily have a better one that leaves you drawing dead? I bet that's going to be way harder to get away from than AA.It's true that suited connectors play well in multi-way pots, but with a full nine players, there's a really good chance that the flush isn't even good, and if it is, you certainly won't get paid off. The only flops for which 7-8s are the nuts are 4-5-6, 5-6-9, and 8-8-7. You have a way better chance of flopping a set of aces than you do of hitting one of those miracles.
a very good point.

If anybody here has read super system, you'd know that Doyle Brunson would take the 78c. Read the no-limit and he says it himself: Small suited connectors are his favourite hands in no-limit hold 'em. With aces, you'll either win a small pot, or lose a big one.

how is this even a question. the correct answer (not my oppinion) is red Aces. You dont need to show down 1 bar pair, what if the flop comes 227. now you want to have AA rather than 78. basically if the board low pairs, come 3 of a red suit or you hit a set or if the flop comes ANYTHING like 23J then AA is probably good. Or were they all forced to limp at gunpoint?

This argument is still going on? anyway I thought about picking 78s but then realized that I'm other people might be playing the suited connectors so they might have 89 or 67 and my pair odds are out. Sound dumb, well so does assuming that someone else has an Ace in this hypothetical situation. not to mention let's say your right the other people are limping in with Aces and high cards, so you might be up agaist hands like AK AQ AJ KK KQ KJ QQ QJ JJ. Now if those are the likely holdings of many of your opponents, does that make you hand stronger or weaker?