• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyota/WSOP Player of the Year Allen Cunningham anyone?
Yeah your right. Awesome choice! I am partial to Cassidy because of his limit holdem prowness but Cunningham is the man.I consider Young Guns To be newer succesful players. it is hard for me to consider Phil Ivey a young gun since he is such a established and succesful player at the highest levels of poker...

I have posted this before and I can't believe there is still a debate.... Phil Ivey is the best young player if not the best player in the world... PERIOD. He is 27 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While I was in undergrad, he was earning his chops at 400-800.... when I was in law school, he was beating 4000-8000. Please end this debate or change the topic. It should not be the best young gun.... it should be entitled "The best new guy." Thank you.

The_Takeover a.k.a Nick Shulman.
Wow. Nicky Schulman. I'm not such an avid follower of tourneys or poker news in general, but this was a shocker. I went to some poker sites and saw Nick's pic and couldn't believe a kid i've known for years is now a millionaire. GO NICKY!!!You don't wanna play Nicky in pool ... glad to see he's doin good, i mean GREAT in poker!Rags
I recently just found out his real name and age in the poker news stuff but I've been watching him on pokerstars/ultimate bet for awhile now, he's a hell of a player and should have an even brighter future ahead of him in poker.
thats what i was getting at, both tourneys and cash games. fischman is a good tourney player, grinder good at nl tourneys, cassidy great at cash games, keller solid at both, but when you consider both Dags is definately the best overall. john phan, tuan, williams, gracz, all cash game suckers.and tim phan is def. too old and the hand he went broke in wsop wasnt a bad beat at all. All the money went in preflop 1010 vs aq. doesnt matter that the board developed in a tough way, it wasnt a bad beat. And yes i shouldnt have included williams, cause he really isnt good at any form of poker. My new top list is Dags, Erik Sagstrom, Cassidy, Keller
Actually Michael Gracz was a successful cash game player before he started playing tournaments... tho not at the highest limits. But certainly not a "sucker" in cash games.
The_Takeover a.k.a Nick Shulman.
Wow. Nicky Schulman. I'm not such an avid follower of tourneys or poker news in general, but this was a shocker. I went to some poker sites and saw Nick's pic and couldn't believe a kid i've known for years is now a millionaire. GO NICKY!!!You don't wanna play Nicky in pool ... glad to see he's doin good, i mean GREAT in poker!Rags
I recently just found out his real name and age in the poker news stuff but I've been watching him on pokerstars/ultimate bet for awhile now, he's a hell of a player and should have an even brighter future ahead of him in poker.
I used to play pool against him all the time in NYC & NJ in tournaments and a little gambling and then he just kind of disappeared. I heard him and a buddy were playing a lot of poker online etc and doing pretty good. I had no idea that it was this good! Whats his name on pokerstars? I'll look him up.