• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

goggles #1anyone who says goggles #2 is a complete f*cking moron and should be shot immediately
Well, you can see my 2 4 offsuit when I go all-in with your goggles while your holding Aces. When my goggles already seen the 2 2 2 flop ahead of time :-) Unless I got the concept of goggle #2 wrong, do you see all of the cards at one time (Like see flop/turn/river preflop)? Or is it you see the flop before it is dealt...THEN the turn (after the flop had been dealt). Because if goggle #2 is the 2nd scenerio I mentioned, I will just take goggle #1 instead.
this thread has probably already died but i'm resurfacing it... the whole point is goggles #1 is so powerful that if you push all in even with *aces* I would fold. No need to be risking my entire stack on 80-20 when I can pick up EVERY SINGLE pot that everyone misses on. Also, your argument is "who would win a heads up match, goggles #1 or goggles #2," which isnt the case of the original quetion.
goggles #1anyone who says goggles #2 is a complete f*cking moron and should be shot immediately
Well, you can see my 2 4 offsuit when I go all-in with your goggles while your holding Aces. When my goggles already seen the 2 2 2 flop ahead of time :-) Unless I got the concept of goggle #2 wrong, do you see all of the cards at one time (Like see flop/turn/river preflop)? Or is it you see the flop before it is dealt...THEN the turn (after the flop had been dealt). Because if goggle #2 is the 2nd scenerio I mentioned, I will just take goggle #1 instead.
this thread has probably already died but i'm resurfacing it... the whole point is goggles #1 is so powerful that if you push all in even with *aces* I would fold. No need to be risking my entire stack on 80-20 when I can pick up EVERY SINGLE pot that everyone misses on. Also, your argument is "who would win a heads up match, goggles #1 or goggles #2," which isnt the case of the original quetion.
I am assuming you can read, so why don't you read the post and look at the content, before posting something that has been said fourteen, no wait, fifteen times?
It's quite easily Magic Goggles #1 that you want.If you read Paul Phillips discussion it makes a lot of sense. Basically if you have Goggles Number 1 in a major tournament, you should be able to win almost 99% percent of time given incredible focus. He estimated 95% because human error plays a bigger role in this than he thought, remembering other people's whole cards and what not.
ZZZZAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!VINDICATION BABY!I MADE THAT EXACT POINT A WHILE BACK AND PEOPLE THOUGHT I WAS AN IDIOT. MAYBE I AM, BUT I KNEW I HAD SOMETHING THERE...http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-forums/viewtopic.php?t=33557&highlight=hole+cards+tournament[/img]
#2.I already have a good idea of what cards people are playing. Also, it does get weary to remember everyone's cards too. Realistically, it's easier in the long run to just see the board in advance. I find the edge in knowing which draws will make it to be a great advantage.Anyway, it's like choosing between a flying pegasus or a magic carpet in my opinion.I'm picking #2 because both give a great advantage... but #2 is more fun and easier to utilize.
Suppose you had 2 types of Magic Goggles.Magic Goggles 1: Let you see everyone else's hold cards at the table.Magic Goggles 2: Let you see the flop, turn, and river before they were dealt.Which would you rather have? Which would lead to a higher +EV?Just wondering what you thought. My gut feeling is Magic Goggles 2.David Hecht
I'd take Magic Goggles 2, but I'd take them straight to the Blackjack table...Seeing the dealer's hole card is very +EV...
#2.I already have a good idea of what cards people are playing. Also, it does get weary to remember everyone's cards too. Realistically, it's easier in the long run to just see the board in advance. I find the edge in knowing which draws will make it to be a great advantage.Anyway, it's like choosing between a flying pegasus or a magic carpet in my opinion.I'm picking #2 because both give a great advantage... but #2 is more fun and easier to utilize.
ummm, you can SEE everyone's cards. you don't need to REMEMBER them.if you're using goggles #2, you're relying on "running good" to make your profit. if you're using goggles #1 you can always make a profit, regardless of how well you're running, because you can play perfect poker against your opponents.i'm surprised you picked #2, elkang. if you're looking for mindless fun, sure, #2 is fine. but if you want to do something that's marginally engaging AND allows you to play perfect poker, #1 is the way.

btw, I do feel #1 gives you more of an advantage. Paulp and others have posted about this enough and I'll go with their answer.Obviously, I think the real answer for best choice is #3 (#1 + #2). But, #2 seems like a lot more fun to me. I can imagine so many great situations of putting people on tilt.

ummm, you can SEE everyone's cards. you don't need to REMEMBER them.if you're using goggles #2, you're relying on "running good" to make your profit. if you're using goggles #1 you can always make a profit, regardless of how well you're running, because you can play perfect poker against your opponents.i'm surprised you picked #2, elkang. if you're looking for mindless fun, sure, #2 is fine. but if you want to do something that's marginally engaging AND allows you to play perfect poker, #1 is the way.
You can play lots of ways with both goggles. If you're just playing best hand poker than go for #1. (Though #2 is not a bad choice here either)Just because I go with #2 doesnt mean I cannot more successfully bluff or play my normal game. Esp when I can see the flop in advance. I don't see #2 as being mindless at all.I won't argue further except to say... that I believe it will be more fun for me to have goggle #2. If you disagree... well it doesn't matter. It's my preference.There's a short story about a guy who could see the cards. I wish I could remember the author. Eventually the game lost interest for him. This makes #2 a better option for me.

I am so glad someone at least brought up the fact that this was discussed AT LENGTH by Paul Phillips and on 2+2. This is a lame rehashing of old stuff.I like the "if you think it's #2 you haven't thought about this nearly enough" --- at least in the realm of no limit tournaments which is the context the problem was originally phrased in "What % of tournaments could you win if...."Also, for you bozo's out there who say you know the flop with goggles #2 is coming 222 and I with my goggles #1 and my AA see you holding 2-4 - don't think I am calling all in pre flop with this hand if you can in any way damage my chip stack. I have no reason to ever "gamble" with goggles #1, I will simply play smaller pots, picking off all bluffs, never getting trapped, never paying anyone off with a better hand and in no time I will be able to punish everyone. GOGGLES #1 - hands down - I (or any competent player) could take down 90%+ NL tournies.

I was thinking along the same kind of lines a while ago, but with a twist.Heads up play, Player 1 has magic goggles to see the flop before it comes, and then while the flop betting is going on, he can see the future turn and river cards.Player 2 sees both his own and Player 1's hole cards. (Player 1's hand is tabled for all to see, Player 2's is just for him/her to see). Betting rounds as normal.It could create some interesting bluff situations. "What you raise me with 84s?!". Since Player 1 can only see the flop during pre-flop action maybe he knows he hits a flush, 2 pair.. But he wouldn't see the turn/river until the flop comes, so he wouldn't know if he had a likely winning hand until then.I think player 1 being able to see all 5 community cards at once is too much of an advantage. Although even with just flop, then later, turn/river knowledge, I think player 1 is in a much better spot.