I'll take, chicks naked goggles though.Could be bad sometimes, but really good other times.Think about that one, would you want to see all women naked at all times. Might be more of a curse.
Not for me, I go to Arizona State. definetly +ev
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's goggles #2. When it gets to the end of a tournament, you are going to have to race off anyways so what's the point of seeing your opponents AK if hes moving in and you are calling with your JJ.What about the times you have pocket 5s and theres alot of action in front of you and you see a 5 on the board?What if you've got 24o and it ends up flopping a wheel? You can see it and bust anyone holding a big ace?I'd rather know 5 cards than 2. There's so much luck involved in hold'em that knowing your opponents cards isn't as powerful as you might think it is, especially late into a tournament.

It's goggles #2. When it gets to the end of a tournament, you are going to have to race off anyways so what's the point of seeing your opponents AK if hes moving in and you are calling with your JJ.What about the times you have pocket 5s and theres alot of action in front of you and you see a 5 on the board?What if you've got 24o and it ends up flopping a wheel? You can see it and bust anyone holding a big ace?I'd rather know 5 cards than 2. There's so much luck involved in hold'em that knowing your opponents cards isn't as powerful as you might think it is, especially late into a tournament.
Yeah, but wouldn't you rather know 16 cards as opposed to 5? There are typically 8 other people at the table, so knowing all of their cards would be much more valuable. How many times would you be able to bet when you have nothing because the other person has nothing as well? I think that getting the stone-cold nuts is just so much more statistically unlikely than being able to steal the blinds frequently when you have crap but the other player has crap too that it just makes the choice easy.

Goggle #1 certainly seems better to me. Like Bizzle said, you can steal a lot of blinds, but beyond that, you can also extract maximum value every hand. If you flop the nuts, how much do you bet into people? Without knowing their hole cards, your bets are always ideal. However, if you knew exactly what the other guys have, you can always extract maximum value for your hands assuming you know how to (I wish I knew how to... :D ). Also, with regards to the end of the tourney, where luck plays a bigger factor. That is true, but the magic goggles will give you what is essentially an insurmountable lead, so why worry so much?Besides, isn't it a lot cooler to hear "Wow, ______ has just bluffed another guy out of a big pot!" than "Man, what a donkey, his 2 4 just hit a wheel AGAIN."? :club:

Goggles #1 are so much better its not even worth debating but to give you an idea, here's why I think so.First of all with the second goggles what are you gonna do, only see the flop when you make the nuts??Ok say you have KJ suited and you see you will make the king high flush by the river, you push all in preflop.. oops your opponent calls with AQ suited for a higher flush. This happens on the river often enough, so it could happen to you even with these goggles.Say you have 8/3 suited and your opponent pushes all in. The board at the end will read 8 8 A 2 5. Do you call? Maybe. What if he has Aces, 55, an 8 with a higher kicker, deuces.... You just dont know. He could have 5 8 for a bluff and you call him and lose, not to mention looking like an idiot in the process.Wow you can save a lot off money preflop with AK when it doesnt hit.. Who cares. With Goggles number 1 you will bluff your oppenent if he doesnt have a hand, call a huge bluff if he decides to bluff with a worse hand, make a great laydown or extract maximum value.Guess you have to wait for the nuts. But then your opponent might fold. Not to mention you will eventually see all the board cards by the river, you will not see your opponents cards at all until the showdown. So why would you choose the glasses to see the board cards. I mean the only time its useful is calling big bets before the flop to see what you're gonna flop, but you still may be beat if you flop a good hand. If you can see your opponents cards, you dont have to worry about these things. You only have to be worried about getting outdrawn. But you could accumulate chips by calling when you have a lock, bluffing, winning the pots when you're a favorite. After playing for a while you could have a stack big enough to withstand bad beats.

when i was a child, my babysitter asked me to wear magic goggles once...when i got older i realized it was a blindfold and she made me wear a thong full of peanut butter...

Oh are you guys missing the whole point of this thread! I'll bold the best part of this whole thread for you.

1) The Goggles Do NothingEpisode: Radioactive Man (Season 7)Best quote: Rainier Wolfcastle (As he is hit by a tidal wave of acid) : "My eyes...the goggles do nothing!"Never has the Simpsons been more brilliant than this.  This thread just made me think of this . . .
WATCH OUT, RADIOACTIVE MAN!That episode is clutch, thanks for the memories.I'd take #1. Both give you a better chance to win, but #1 is the one that requires more skill.If I was bored, I'd love to try and just push people off of big hands that I know they have, and then show my bluff every time. I'd look like a freakin' genius.And then all the poker chicks be like "Oh John, you're so hot the way you bluffed that guy, you're the man" and I'm like "Oh yea, let's head up to my free room upstairs ladies" and then we go up and I'm like "Drop to your knees and worship the lord of poker" and they are like "Oh wow, your so big and manly, please let us all be with you at the same time" and then we throw down for a couple of hours and the hotel has to knock on the door cuz neighbors are complaining, cuz like I'm railing these chicks real good and we're making so much noise, and I answer the door all sweaty and naked and go "STEP OFF MAN, get off my koolaid and let me pleasure these ladies" and he's all like "Man, I'm sorry, I saw you make those bluffs with those sick googles on, I didn't know it was you" and I'm like "Damn right, now go get me a BLT!"Yea, it'd go down something like that.
Probably one of the funniest pieces of "goggle" literature you're going to find.

Couple of questions about these goggles?What if you're playing raymer, and he caps his cards with a t-rex fang, could and would these goggles be able to surpass this large obstacle?Or like most online players wearing tin-foil hats would this somehow malfunction the goggles?I'm pretty sure you can use two AA batteries to get them running right?AND do they come with directions?

goggles #1anyone who says goggles #2 is a complete f*cking moron and should be shot immediately
Well, you can see my 2 4 offsuit when I go all-in with your goggles while your holding Aces. When my goggles already seen the 2 2 2 flop ahead of time :-) Unless I got the concept of goggle #2 wrong, do you see all of the cards at one time (Like see flop/turn/river preflop)? Or is it you see the flop before it is dealt...THEN the turn (after the flop had been dealt). Because if goggle #2 is the 2nd scenerio I mentioned, I will just take goggle #1 instead.
I would want MG#2...I can't tell you how many times I've thrown away a hand that turned out to be two pair, ora flopped straight or even  full house, but I refused to play it because it was a garbage hand.  I've always said, I wish I had a time machine to go back 30 seconds to where I was thinking about throwing away my hand and not doing it.I've always been a post flop poker player tho.  I like taking my hands that I have and gettinga  good feel of the player and how the flop/turn/river hit them and whether or not they're strong.
why get a feel when you can see??you don't need two pair or better to win!!! how can people not see this?i'm sure this is addressed later in the thread, but i had to reply to this one.
goggles #1anyone who says goggles #2 is a complete f*cking moron and should be shot immediately
Well, you can see my 2 4 offsuit when I go all-in with your goggles while your holding Aces. When my goggles already seen the 2 2 2 flop ahead of time :-) Unless I got the concept of goggle #2 wrong, do you see all of the cards at one time (Like see flop/turn/river preflop)? Or is it you see the flop before it is dealt...THEN the turn (after the flop had been dealt). Because if goggle #2 is the 2nd scenerio I mentioned, I will just take goggle #1 instead.
it doesnt matter.if you can see your opponent's hand, you should be playing almost every hand anyway. they are often not going to miss, and the pot is yours.the times that you will make a strong hand are rare.... but the same goes for your opponent.
you obviously got accepted directly into the Wharton School of Business from high school :roll:

my thoughts are that seeing other people's hole cards would be much much more valuable at higher limits and against good players that are able to lay down a medium strength hand to an aggressive bettor. At lower limits where people will show down an unimproved weak ace that missed a draw, it would be more valuable to know that you were going to hit your top pair or flush draw, since you will be getting paid off by crappy hands anyway. I guess it all comes down to having to chance to have a 90+% showdown percentage (not everyone will laydown a medium hand) or always knowing that you are going to have a decently strong hand that could be vulnerable to monster hands.

It's goggles #2. When it gets to the end of a tournament, you are going to have to race off anyways so what's the point of seeing your opponents AK if hes moving in and you are calling with your JJ.
The end of the tournament is irrelevant you have your opponent outchipped at least 10:1 and probably 20:1 by the time it's heads up. And can see their cards and hence race with the best of it.
What about the times you have pocket 5s and theres alot of action in front of you and you see a 5 on the board?What if you've got 24o and it ends up flopping a wheel? You can see it and bust anyone holding a big ace?
What about the times you have 72o, and someone raises (and you know they have A9o) someone else reraises (and you know they are stealing with 78s). You push and gather up all those chips as everyone folds (you know no one else left to act has anything too).Which happens more often? That or making a set, or a wheel...
I'd rather know 5 cards than 2. There's so much luck involved in hold'em that knowing your opponents cards isn't as powerful as you might think it is, especially late into a tournament.
With your choice of goggles you know 7 cards with 18 unknown cards potentially in play. WIth choice 1 you know 23 when the flop comes (and the only time you don't see it is when you see two big hands are going to get into a raising war preflop) with 2 unknown cards to come...With choice number one, there's no luck involved. You simply resteal every time someone tried to steal preflop and take all the pots that everyone missed the flop in (which is most of them). In fact your edge is so large that you are folding AA preflop if someone with AK pushes in front of you (scarily enough you have better spots) unless of course you out-chip him 20:1 which is reasonably likely...

download poker academy (goooooooooooogle) and play a tournament with all opponents' cards face up..... its fun, and it pretty much shows how easy it is to play that way. Granted, its more fun to make crap hands with rags to win a big pot, but thats not going to happen every time..... paulp's blog had alot of talk about this a few weeks ago.

This isn't even a question.Goggles 1, I have pocket Kings. I see that player A has Aces, and player B has J10.Oh look. Flop comes AKQ. Man, atleast I know my set of Kings is no good, saved myself some money.Goggles 2, I know I'm going to flop a set of Kings, same scenario. What I don't know is i'll be running third in a three horse race.

umm...i would fold with my aces. if you can see your opponents cards, why woudl you ever put your chips in the pot without having the nuts, or close to the nuts?