mtv's true life: i'm a professional gamer

I don't know if i'm more concerned that this guy made a living playing video games, or that the OP said "it's dope".
Look on the bright side, instead of saying "It's pretty dope" he could have said "That sh1t is tight" or "It's off the hook" or "It's the shizzznayt"

Kids sure are lucky today, when I was a kid there was Atari and like 6 games total. Who knows, Iif i had worked harder I could have been a professional Pong player and if that didn't work I could have fallen back on Pitfall or Frogger.

What these guys do IS cool. They play computer games, and make in a month what you or I make in 10 years. Most are sponsored by big computer companies, get paid to appear in TV advertisements, paid to promote a new mouse, mousepads or CPUs, and travel all over the world for free.This is somehow not cool? When we also sit on our computers for hours at a time making a few $'s/hr?Oh, and they most certainly pull in the Asian chicks, which is usually where they move to, I wonder why?

I was somewhere in the background there! I used to play counterstrike competitively, and I seriously considered taking some time to play. I'm a dork.

What these guys do IS cool. They play computer games, and make in a month what you or I make in 10 years. Most are sponsored by big computer companies, get paid to appear in TV advertisements, paid to promote a new mouse, mousepads or CPUs, and travel all over the world for free.This is somehow not cool? When we also sit on our computers for hours at a time making a few $'s/hr?Oh, and they most certainly pull in the Asian chicks, which is usually where they move to, I wonder why?
You sure about that one Hoss? I'm pretty sure I saw that guy get a check for 500 bones and I wasnt very impressed. Elaborate
I saw it.And then I cried.Good for them that they can make a living, but man...That's a dorky life.
i bet they get chicks too, not good looking chicks, but chicks none the lessthose bastards
You must have never seen the swedish counterstrike team... no I am not joking. There are quite a few very attractive professional female gamers.

guys that sit in their dark rooms for hours at a time grinding away a few hundred dollars...making fun of guys who fly all over the world and win/get paid 10s of thousands of dollars to play computer/console games. :roll:

I used to play counterstrike a lot also, Cardcore do you play on any certain server now?
Nope, I founded the team e7 that took 4th in a CPL awhile back. I had a bunch of opportunities to play, but decide that it was kind of retarded.

The closest I have gotten to "professional gaming" is doing the EA Sports Madden Football Challenges (finished 6th and 3rd here in Boston the last 2 years) and playing heads-up Madden games for $5-$50 dollars a pop (which helped me fund my initial bankroll, as well as a 30 rack of Pabst Blue Ribbon here or there).I used to work at a Software Etc. here in Boston where this one dude was playing WarCraft and CounterStrike 8 hours a day in hopes of going "pro". Let's just say that calling him "wierd" would be an understatement. But he knew everything about the game. Just crazy.

I used to play Counter-Strike professionally. To be honest, it's not a real money maker and you cannot make a career out of it. Even the best teams in the world only make about 60k a year split between 5 or more players. Only two or three teams make even that much.It's an overrated "sport" for which people give far too much credit.

Ahh yes the days of CS when I used to be "1337". Me and my clan were in cal-I or something, been way to long since I've played there. I still play cs whenever I lose some money in poker. Too bad I got bored of the game I ponder about hacking because cs isn't what it use to be.

guys that sit in their dark rooms for hours at a time grinding away a few hundred dollars...making fun of guys who fly all over the world and win/get paid 10s of thousands of dollars to play computer/console games. :roll:
LOL, yeah because gamers make so much more than poker players do...The two guys on that show were "aiming" to make 60k/yr, and I remember the last true life that they had where Fatality was making about the same amount.