dustin dirksen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know who Dustin Dirksen is? he plays on full tilt...he's been doing real well lately against some pros
he's in law school, lives in Iowa, used to play the 10/20NL on most sites until his 2nd place in last months 200k guaranteed tourney on Fulltilt. He's currently running extremely well without very much good play involved. One of the players in the 25/50 NL game earlier this evening accused him of cheating somehow because he is running that well and that person has lost a decent chunk of money to him whether it be playing full ring, shorthanded, or headsup.
dats some funny stuff....so he's a donkey dats just been gettin lucky?
no, he's a good hyper aggressive player that is running well, he can bet most people off of their hands but if they do call his bets/allins he usually has a draw and has been hitting them lately. I never said he sucked.
I don't get it. You're using proper punctuation but typing "dats"? What gives?
I don't get it. You're using proper punctuation but typing "dats"? What gives?
i tried and failed to come up with something witty toward that.yours didn't work too well, either.it seemed like a perfect setup, though. how disappointing :club:
well the "dats" is because i was too lazy to press one more key...guess you can call it efficiency.
It would be more efficient for me to just take a dump here in my chair, but some things you shouldnt try to find a shortcut for.

Thats wierd that someone was accusing him of cheating...I wonder why they were....It did strike me as funny that he kept asking this one guy that sat in on the table at FT for their aim name during a 4 handed game, and for no reason...He asked atleast 3 times wanting to know the guys aim name.He didnt look like that horrible of a player from what I saw though...In fact, he looked pretty disciplined and was smart with his play...ive seen him make several pro's look bad recently...Perhaps they underestimate him.Its obvious he's on a good run though-P.

I doubt he's cheating and he's on my buddylist, Not like I play 25/50 nlhe though. He's pretty open and likes chatting strategy but I agree some of his plays come off as donkish. I've been watching him play for about 2 weeks now on tilt and He's really spiking down the draws for big pots. I was watching the other day when he was busting up Prahlad and Freidman said something like "You really suck, Whenever you are in a game I'll be there!" Dirksen replied saying "Okay, You need money to play though." Prahlad just left the table, He's someone I wouldn't want to mess with in a high stakes nlhe game. My guess is if he keeps this style of play up he'll eventually go bust especially against someone like Prahlad.

anyone know who Dustin Dirksen is? he plays on full tilt...he's been doing real well lately against some pros
he's in law school, lives in Iowa, used to play the 10/20NL on most sites until his 2nd place in last months 200k guaranteed tourney on Fulltilt. He's currently running extremely well without very much good play involved. One of the players in the 25/50 NL game earlier this evening accused him of cheating somehow because he is running that well and that person has lost a decent chunk of money to him whether it be playing full ring, shorthanded, or headsup.
Hmm... cheating...seeing cards?Could Dirksen secretly be Tritz with a newly released version of the software that will let you see the cards pre-flop on Full Tilt?
Hmm... cheating...seeing cards?Could Dirksen secretly be Tritz with a newly released version of the software that will let you see the cards pre-flop on Full Tilt?

No, not Drake but Iowa Law. My alma mater. Go Hawks!Dustin got pretty defensive with KrisQueen who semi-accused he was cheating. Sort of comical dialogue. It almost makes sense by the way he plays, but certainly highly unlikely. He even admitted tonight that he's running rediculously good right now and when his luck runs out hes headed back down to 5/10 or 10/20.

Posted: Sun, Nov 20th, 2005 10:55 Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I agree on the "without much good play involved" part. He looks like a donkey to me. He's a straight up BetMonkey! He bets at everything. I disagree that he is not a good player. He plays an extremely aggressive game and will make large bets with nuts and on a bluff….I have seen him several huge pots while leading at the pots with nuts and having callers that shouldn’t even dream of being in the pot. The only reason they call him down is anger.You can tell me he is a fish but if he is playing with in his bankroll the man is tough to beat. I have been watching that game pretty close as I am planning on buying into it in the 6 or 8 months. If you underestimate him the kid will have you entire stack and you’ll be with quite a few others on the rail whining about how “lucky” he is….