Hey all,I just had a question about building my bankroll online. I'm upto about $250 on my account after starting with 20 and was curious as to the best way to make it consistently increase. I play a couple tables of .25-.50 limit usually and just wanted to ask if this is the most reliable way. Also at what point should I move up to the .50-1 limit table.Thanks for the replyGo easy on me, it's my first post

Hey all,I just had a question about building my bankroll online. I'm upto about $250 on my account after starting with 20 and was curious as to the best way to make it consistently increase. I play a couple tables of .25-.50 limit usually and just wanted to ask if this is the most reliable way. Also at what point should I move up to the .50-1 limit table.Thanks for the replyGo easy on me, it's my first post
Limit is most steady, thus, IMO, most reliable way to move up. I would wait till you hit $500 until you move up to .5/1 tables. You need to play more hands and gain confidence. -Very good first post.

It's not too bad cause i usually play a couple at once, but am still getting comfortable. won a couple SnG's in there as well. It took me a couple weeks I think. Mind you there have been a lot of hours logged Thanks for all the replys so far

You're at $250 from $20 by playing .25-.50 LIMIT???  How long did that take you...a couple years?
lmao A newb flaming a newb...what's this place coming to?And, making $200 online wouldn't be that tough if youplayed enough hands.
You're at $250 from $20 by playing .25-.50 LIMIT???  How long did that take you...a couple years?
lmao A newb flaming a newb...what's this place coming to?And, making $200 online wouldn't be that tough if youplayed enough hands.
from .25-.50 limit it would be.......He said he won a few sng's, so my guess is he played outside his BR on a few of them.Anyway, you should move up to .50-1 when you get $300.
At 1 BB/100 (which is frankly not that impressive a winrate), $230 would only require 46,000 hands, which at a very easily doable 2,000 hands per week would require less than 6 months.ggthx
Anyway, you should move up to .50-1 when you get $300.
More importantly, if you're not yet feeling comfortable enough in your game to move up, you shouldn't, even if you have the $300.I would suggest that you wait until: :club: you have a winrate of at least 3 BB/100 at the .25/.50, if you don't already. :D you have at least $300 committed to your bankrollAlso, for some people (I know there was for me), there was some kind of psychological barrier about putting $1 in the pot for each of your turn and river bets, so just be wary of that.

I disagree with the sentiment about waiting in this thread. Just move up now. The 0.5/1 game online is incredibly easy, and if you don't build it up in your head, you won't have a problem with it. 250 BB is plenty for a game that you could train an ape to beat.Honestly, if I was teaching a 12 year old how to play poker, I'd start them off at 0.5/1, and I bet I could have them making money within a week.

Move up when you get to $300, 350 or 400 if you don't feel like you should. Move back down if you lose back to $200 and try again.Being conservative with your bankroll is the surest to build it if you're a winning player.

I disagree with the sentiment about waiting in this thread. Just move up now. The 0.5/1 game online is incredibly easy, and if you don't build it up in your head, you won't have a problem with it. 250 BB is plenty for a game that you could train an ape to beat.Honestly, if I was teaching a 12 year old how to play poker, I'd start them off at 0.5/1, and I bet I could have them making money within a week.
Yes .5/1 is easy enough at most sites. They'll at least fold some crap at this level compared to .25/.50. Limit is an excellent way to build bankroll.

I would want at least 300 before moving up, but make sure you can handle the bigger swings since you are doubling the limit you play. If it bothers you to drop $20 in an hour then don't move up yet, or play .50/1.00 20% of the time and .25/.50 80% until you feel more comfortable.Also look around for sites that have a bonus you can clear playing limit.

I started like you playing the low limit games and what helped make my bankroll steadily increase was bonus hunting. Its basically just opening accounts at the different pokersites and taking advantage of the bonuses they offer. Several sites allow you to clear hands at lower limits like .25/50, .50/1. The list I use is at:http://www.buildabankroll.comBest of luck, and try to stay within the bankroll.

You're at $250 from $20 by playing .25-.50 LIMIT??? How long did that take you...a couple years?
It shouldnt take more than a month. Lets consider he is a pretty good player and can beat .25/.50 for 2BB/100. He said he multi tables so we will assume he 3 tables. Since he 3 tables, lets also assume that his BB/100 drops to 5BB/100 for the 3 total tables. Now if he can play 1000 hands a day(not too hard to do 3 tabling) and he plays 3 days a week(mostly the weekends). Then he should reach $250 from $20 in 3 weeks. I will add a week for some variance and say that you can make that in a month.
Track your results, its the most important thing IMO. When you get to $300-$400 move to .5-1 if you are comfortable. Someone made mention of waiting until you hit 3bb/100, although I agree this would be a good number to strive for I don't think it should be an indicator of when you should move up. it takes 100's of thousands of hands before you get good reliable BB/100 data and if you are moving along at the nice clip you seem to be doing I don't think you need to wait until you hit 3bb/100. Use your BR size as more of an indicator.