full tilt: chatting with the pros

It got worse after you left, DD started losing and people were going nuts. I was playing in a tourny, and as soon as I got knocked out I had to quit watching.
It is embarrassing how those people act. There is no stopping them.
On a side note though, how cool is it to say something like (go pro/MM, or OpenFarrel) and be recognized by other FCP'ers out of nowhere? :club:
HAHA yeah that is awesome. I think there were like 5 FCP'ers talking on there.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but this is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. It has way too many problems to list, regardless of whether it solves the problem (which I don't think it would). Sending shoplifters to the electric chair will solve the problem, but it sure as hell isn't the best way.Unfortunately I'm not going to be productive in offering a better way, because I don't believe that there is one. As poker pros rise to the level of Tiger Woods, Lebron James, and Alex Rodriguez (in terms of the number of people interested in what they have to say), the one on one quality contact that you desire get further and further out of reach. The only way it happens is if the player makes some effort to do it, like Daniel does here, or FullTilt or whoever has some form of moderated chat, but that is unlikely since it requires scheduling and consideration, all that crap.

I appreciate where you are coming from, but this is the dumbest idea I've ever heard.  It has way too many problems to list, regardless of whether it solves the problem (which I don't think it would).  Sending shoplifters to the electric chair will solve the problem, but it sure as hell isn't the best way.Unfortunately I'm not going to be productive in offering a better way, because I don't believe that there is one.  As poker pros rise to the level of Tiger Woods, Lebron James, and Alex Rodriguez (in terms of the number of people interested in what they have to say), the one on one quality contact that you desire get further and further out of reach.  The only way it happens is if the player makes some effort to do it, like Daniel does here, or FullTilt or whoever has some form of moderated chat, but that is unlikely since it requires scheduling and consideration, all that crap.
I'm not even going to debate with you after the way you started the reply. Thank you for your input.
i actually think thats a good idea.  i see so many retards say things that should just not be allowed...usually people with low bankrolls with no knowledge of poker.
That might be the most idiotic thing I've ever read. I have a low bankroll and I know quite a bit about poker. Just because someone can only afford to play micro to low limits does not mean they are not smart with no knowledge of poker. Not everyone is out to make vast amounts of money playing online. I can only afford to play at micro limits right now as I also have a family to take care of.Maybe the pro's at FT should have a regular chat time so they don't have to worry about chatting while they play. Maybe only people that are actually playing should be allowed to chat. If you let one person chat who is not playing in the game you pretty much have to let everyone chat otherwise you are discriminating. Everyone that is playing on FT takes the same risks with their money, so everyone should be afforded the same rights.Thanks Orville
I'm not even going to debate with you after the way you started the reply. Thank you for your input.
So I lack tact. How about this: There are SERIOUS flaws in your argument that, honestly, make it quite comical. ORIt's a horrible idea.To be honest, given your solution to the problem, I'm not so sure you would have much to add to the "debate" anyway.
If Full Tilt took it upon themselves to start banning the chat of the railbirds who deserve to have their chat banned, i.e. the fools belittling people like MM, then this stuff would be reduced fairly quickly.  Regardless of your FT account size, some of the comments made are derogatory at best, and banning their chat would send a clear message that this stuff won't be tolerated.  It would also free up the chat box for those who have legitimate questions.  On that note, the chat box needs to be enlarged so a chat doesn't disappear in 2 seconds.I also believe the pro's should be required to check the FT forum occasionally and respond to posts that are addressed to them.  They have an "Ask the pros" section that rarely, if ever, gets responded to by the pros themselves.
Totally agree. It's madding that most of the chat is crap and then the pros will then just turn their chat box off.
On a side note though, how cool is it to say something like (go pro/MM, or OpenFarrel) and be recognized by other FCP'ers out of nowhere? :D
HAHA yeah that is awesome. I think there were like 5 FCP'ers talking on there.
That was me. :club: There are quite a few morons asking questions. Even simi-decent poker questions will be almost impossible to answer with anything but "it depends."I do like to rail some of these games though.BTW, why don't you both play the FCP Ghost Town tournies on Thursday night?

OK, this is the way I see it - the opportunity to "talk to the pros" is the only reason half the players play at FT, and that includes the kind of people who think that AK is 50/50 with AA preflop.Now am I wrong, but is this not exactly the kind of person you want playing against you? If they found that they couldn't chat to Ivey, Lederer et al unless they had $200, they'd just wander off to Party like all the other fish.To conclude, being elitist, and only allowing rich players (who are probably the ones who need the advice least) to talk to them = -EVIf the pros have agreed to open themselves up for chat (and lets be fair, they probably aint doin it for free), then that means to everyone, not just those that are going to ask sensible questions about a pat 9, or the value of an over pair in Omaha...

The min balance idea is a terrible idea. If you start with $200 where does it end? Plus, regardless of what you believe, other people are important too. I know it may be hard to look past the all important you and your needs. The players that have the lower amounts of money need the pro's advice as much if not more than you do. Atleast you have obvioulsy found other resources for sharpening your game (such as this forum).etc.
The problem is most of the people aren't asking strategic questions. Most of the people are asking questions like, "Who is better, Texas Dolly or Phil Hellmuth,"or "Is Gus Hansen broke?"The few times I have seen people asking how to play certain hands and things like that, Dags answered promptly and courteously. It's gotten to the point where most of the pros have observer chat off, which defeats the whole purpose of having the advertised "Chat with the pros." The only pros I see interacting with people on a regular basis are JDags, and some of the lesser known pros (Richard Brodie, Paul Wolfe, etc.). Erick Lindgren was very personable, but he was also at a play money table. Another option besides a minimum balance would be a minimum number of Frequent Player Points a player must have. This would allow people of all bankroll sizes to interact, meanwhile more than likely eliminating the majority of the trolls who don't even play and are there to heckel. My point is, unless something is done, NO ONE will be able to chat with the pros as more and more of them are turning off their observer chats.
why $200? because that's what you have? why not $1000? what makes $200 the "serious" player border?
I put 200 because it seemed to be high enough that most idiots wouldnt have it. It may be a little low. My bank roll is in the thousands but I assumed if I put 5000 it would be way to high.
The min balance idea is a terrible idea. If you start with $200 where does it end? Plus, regardless of what you believe, other people are important too. I know it may be hard to look past the all important you and your needs. The players that have the lower amounts of money need the pro's advice as much if not more than you do. Atleast you have obvioulsy found other resources for sharpening your game (such as this forum).etc.
The problem is most of the people aren't asking strategic questions. Most of the people are asking questions like, "Who is better, Texas Dolly or Phil Hellmuth,"or "Is Gus Hansen broke?"The few times I have seen people asking how to play certain hands and things like that, Dags answered promptly and courteously. It's gotten to the point where most of the pros have observer chat off, which defeats the whole purpose of having the advertised "Chat with the pros." The only pros I see interacting with people on a regular basis are JDags, and some of the lesser known pros (Richard Brodie, Paul Wolfe, etc.). Erick Lindgren was very personable, but he was also at a play money table. Another option besides a minimum balance would be a minimum number of Frequent Player Points a player must have. This would allow people of all bankroll sizes to interact, meanwhile more than likely eliminating the majority of the trolls who don't even play and are there to heckel. My point is, unless something is done, NO ONE will be able to chat with the pros as more and more of them are turning off their observer chats.
Wow, GREAT ANSWER. Seriously, in all my time on this forum, it feels great to see someone thoroughly think out and post a great reply and idea.

there should be a minimum iq level to talk to a pro, it would actually be interesting if people asked good questions instead of how much money have you won or who is the best player or i heard this guy was broke is it true and a thousand other retarded questions