losing happily...kinda

I just played a NLHE tourney at my friend's house and made it heads up when the following hand came up. Blinds were at 10/20 and the player on the button raised it to $40. I re-raised in the small blind with A :) 10 :) to $80. I started the hand with roughly $600 in chips and my opponent had roughly $500 in chips. Now before the flop I could tell a lot of chips were going to be going into the pot because my opponent seemed to be getting tired and eager to leave. This is a player that I know pretty well and hates being re-raised or being pushed out of a pot. So the flop comes 8 :) 8 :) 7 :) and I checked over to the player on the button. He pushed all in and folding did not even seem like an option to me. It was just one of those hands where everything falls into place and you could basically see through your opponents cards. I stared him down for about 10 seconds and I saw the slightest smirk come across his face and I called immediatly knowing I had the best of it. I've made a few good calls in the past but I've never felt so completely positive I had the best hand like I did in this hand and I flipped my cards over confident as anything. Sure enough it was a complete bluff as he shamefully turned over K :club: 9 :D. The turn was another 8 and the river was a 9 giving him the pot. The weird thing was that I didn't even get that sick feeling you get in your stomach when you see a card like that hit the river like I usually do. I felt so good about the way I played it that the beat didn't even affect me. I was basically crippled after that hand and the final hand occurred when I raised on the button with J :) J :D and the flop came Q :D 7 :) 5 :). My opponent raised all in and I called my last $100 or so with my Jacks and flush draw. No spade or Jack came losing me the tournament but even though I lost, I probably never felt better about the way I played poker than I did in this tournament. I had control of the table all night and had the chip lead throughout the entire tourney. Sorry for the long post. Any questions or comments ?

Blinds were at 10/20 and the player on the button raised it to $40.  I re-raised in the small blind with A :D 10 :club:  to $80.  
You were jacked. The button should be the SB.
I just played a NLHE tourney at my friend's house and made it heads up when the following hand came up.  Blinds were at 10/20 and the player on the button raised it to $40.  I re-raised in the small blind with A :) 10 :)  to $80.  I started the hand with roughly $600 in chips and my opponent had roughly $500 in chips. Now before the flop I could tell a lot of chips were going to be going into the pot because my opponent seemed to be getting tired and eager to leave. This is a player that I know pretty well and hates being re-raised or being pushed out of a pot.  So the flop comes 8 :) 8 :) 7 :) and I checked over to the player on the button.  He pushed all in and folding did not even seem like an option to me.  It was just one of those hands where everything falls into place and you could basically see through your opponents cards.  I stared him down for about 10 seconds and I saw the slightest smirk come across his face and I called immediatly knowing I had the best of it.  I've made a few good calls in the past but I've never felt so completely positive  I had the best hand like I did in this hand and I flipped my cards over confident as anything.  Sure enough it was a complete bluff as he shamefully turned over K :club: 9 :D.  The turn was another 8 and the river was a 9 giving him the pot.  The weird thing was that I didn't even get that sick feeling you get in your stomach when you see a card like that hit the river like I usually do.  I felt so good about the way I played it that the beat didn't even affect me.  I was basically crippled after that hand and the final hand occurred when I raised on the button with J :) J  :D   and the flop came Q :D 7 :) 5 :). My opponent raised all in and I called my last $100 or so with my Jacks and flush draw.  No spade or Jack came losing me the tournament but even though I lost, I probably never felt better about the way I played poker than I did in this tournament.  I had control of the table all night and had the chip lead throughout the entire tourney.  Sorry for the long post.  Any questions or comments ?
Hit enter every once and a while. It creates nice paragraphs when you're typing things. It makes it tons easier for people to actually read your post.