red wings haven't missed a beat.

The Red Wings are an interesting phenomenon in the hockey world. They never seem to get crticized no matter what they do. When they got swept in the first round by Anaheim, all of a sudden, the next year, they were an "elite" team again, picked by many to win the Cup, only to lose in the second round--not exactly a near championship. This after losing several core players from their last championship and perhaps the most important element of all three -- Scotty Bowman.So, by "lost a beat" do you mean, "lost a beat" from the perennial playoff team that always has heavy expectations and a geriatric core, or do you mean that they're back to elite world beaters?Because they aren't the latter. So they beat Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, and the other fodder in the worst division in the NHL. In college football, that's referred to as "strength of schedule." In the last few days, they've gotten pummeled by stiffer opposition.I'm sure they'll make the playoffs, but I'm short on their overblown contracts on Intrade, and have been since the 06 contracts started selling.

The Red Wings are an interesting phenomenon in the hockey world. They never seem to get crticized no matter what they do. When they got swept in the first round by Anaheim, all of a sudden, the next year, they were an "elite" team again, picked by many to win the Cup, only to lose in the second round--not exactly a near championship. This after losing several core players from their last championship and perhaps the most important element of all three -- Scotty Bowman.So, by "lost a beat" do you mean, "lost a beat" from the perennial playoff team that always has heavy expectations and a geriatric core, or do you mean that they're back to elite world beaters?Because they aren't the latter. So they beat Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, and the other fodder in the worst division in the NHL. In college football, that's referred to as "strength of schedule." In the last few days, they've gotten pummeled by stiffer opposition.I'm sure they'll make the playoffs, but I'm short on their overblown contracts on Intrade, and have been since the 06 contracts started selling.
They sure are an interesting phenom. How many teams have won 3 cups in the last 15 years?
The Red Wings are an interesting phenomenon in the hockey world.  They never seem to get crticized no matter what they do.  When they got swept in the first round by Anaheim, all of a sudden, the next year, they were an "elite" team again, picked by many to win the Cup, only to lose in the second round--not exactly a near championship.  This after losing several core players from their last championship and perhaps the most important element of all three -- Scotty Bowman.So, by "lost a beat" do you mean, "lost a beat" from the perennial playoff team that always has heavy expectations and a geriatric core, or do you mean that they're back to elite world beaters?Because they aren't the latter.  So they beat Chicago, Columbus, St. Louis, and the other fodder in the worst division in the NHL. In college football, that's referred to as "strength of schedule."  In the last few days, they've gotten pummeled by stiffer opposition.I'm sure they'll make the playoffs, but I'm short on their overblown contracts on Intrade, and have been since the 06 contracts started selling.
You obviously don't read Red Wings boards, being at the top of the NHL defintely isn't good enough.

yeah, but he's okay, so in the weird social conventions on jokes framework that we exist within that somehow validates us poking fun.If he were to die today (god forbid) then we'd be jerks, but I think we're safe.

yeah, but he's okay, so in the weird social conventions on jokes framework that we exist within that somehow validates us poking fun.If he were to die today (god forbid) then we'd be jerks, but I think we're safe.
So we're self-centered, but not jerks. Good. :club::D
They sure are an interesting phenom. How many teams have won 3 cups in the last 8 years?
FYP
They sure are an interesting phenom. How many teams have won 3 cups in the last 15 years?
Can't believe I missed this earlier. New Jersey Devils ring a bell?
Look at them now though...they aren't a contender anymore...
Many have thought so before. Many have been wrong.
Many have thought so before. Many have been wrong.
Incorrect. They had the same core before and they were still always considered a contender. The new NHL will not allow their old dominantly defensive style to work anymore, especially without Neidermayer. Brodeur has not reached his stellar form either, and there are a lot of other goalies that have been playing much better.
And they continue to roll...nice to see Stevey Y chipping in.  And Shanny's never afraid to drop the mitts.
Shanny is a hall of famer and is now tied with Mike Bossy for 15th on the all-time goals list. He will be commissioner in a few years!
They sure are an interesting phenom.  How many teams have won 3 cups in the last 15 years?
Of course they ring a bell. So they are one of three teams to do it. Elite. What is wrong with you people? They have the best record in the NHL. They are the famed Detroit Red Wings. They are America's team, similiar to the Cowboys. Every team they play on the road is a sell out. They have 10 Stanley Cups. And once again they are leading the league.

The way the Wings have been playing lately, you could call them the Detroit Lions...or Detroit Tigers. The Wings are frustrating to watch lately. They are in the lead when you watch, turn the channel for a few minutes and they are behind.

Of course they ring a bell. So they are one of three teams to do it. Elite. What is wrong with you people? They have the best record in the NHL. They are the famed Detroit Red Wings. They are America's team, similiar to the Cowboys. Every team they play on the road is a sell out. They have 10 Stanley Cups. And once again they are leading the league.
Easy killer, I was merely pointing out that the Wings aren't the only team to do so. There are only 2 though, 15 years ago = 1990, only the Devs and Wings have done it thrice since then.