phil hellmuth on paul phillips blog

Hilarious. I dont' know if I could play with that guy without thinking about punching him in the mouth the entire time. What at jackass.Two final tables!!! You were invited to both tournaments and one of them was only one table. Who is he trying to impress?I know I'm going to get flamed as being gay, but he must have one small penis.

I read Paul Phillip's blog and enjoy it. One of the reasons I like is that he has a strong opinion and is confident about it. That said, the Hellmuth bashing can get tiresome to me. But who cares? The refreshing thing about Phillips is that he's willing to be openly, publicly, and on-the-record with criticisms about other players, specific plays, etc.As for those who believe Hellmuth's act is just "an act," they might be right that he amplifies his act for TV, but he still behaves like the "bad boy of poker" (gag) when the cameras are off, if his online poker chats are any indication.

I like Hellmuth's style of play. Sometimes i think that he just grinds guys to get them to bluff him and he roars back to stack them. But the rumors are he is sucking in cash games, and I don't know if thats true or not.I'm pretty sure from a TV ratings standpoint hes probably good for the poker scene. Every drama needs a villain.

when the cameras are off, if his online poker chats are any indication.
Where can I find these online poker chats ? That would be sweet to find an archive of some of Phil's online poker chats.
Phillip's blog has a couple somewhere. The "jopke" one is funny. There is a recent one titles MRONOS where he just goes off on some player just like at WSOP.I also have read a few on 2+2. You may have to go to the archive to find it. Searching there is tough because I don't know if it is in the INTERNET GAMBLING forum or the WSOP forum.

Paul Phillips is a joke. He is so obsessed with Phil Hellmuth its sick. Also, making fun of someone for mis-typing something is just plain childish. Paul Phillips should win "Biggest Deuche Of The Universe" award.

Paul Phillips is a joke. He is so obsessed with Phil Hellmuth its sick. Also, making fun of someone for mis-typing something is just plain childish. Paul Phillips should win "Biggest Deuche Of The Universe" award.
:roll: :roll: :roll: Put your helmet back on

Paul Phillip's blog is probably the most difficult thing to understand. Who is posting what? Are all those posts started by Paul, or a reader? And what the hell is a tentacle? Isnt that like an octopus arm or something??

These same people on this forum who LOVE to laugh at Hellmuth typos are the same people who swing from Matusows nuts...who...is more of an a-s...and if you watch him play online, must be speaking in tongues because every word is like a riddle.Heres why I like Hellmuth, all these guys like Phillips who badmouth him behind his back, how does Phil take it, and how does Phil treat them? Good....You saw Phil after Paul showed him the "Kill Phil" shirt at the Heads Up, he laughed and took it all in fun, Phil knows that Paul talks sh-t about him behind his back , same with other fellow pros....you NEVER hear Phil say a bad thing about these guys away from the table, yet they trash the F-ck out of him.I take the word of a pro like Harry Demetriou who posted here a week or so ago on Hellmuth....said he hated the way he acted at the tables but away from them he is a nice guy, and was "impeccable" (his word) with poker fans.

I was thinking this very though. Good post.

Sure you can make better post's than by making fun of typo's. But I like Phillips' posts.And what do you expect....if somebody's always saying he's the greatest there is and if he goes on whining again if he loses some chips in a tourney or whatever, or even saying he made the 2004 TOC final table, of course there's somebody like Paul Philips going to maike fun of you.What is that "behind his back about"? He writs it in his blog for everybody to see right?And please read his earlier blog entry's too you know that it's good.

I read Paul Phillips' LiveJournal, and with each passing week I get less and less thrilled with him. I don't like how mean-spirited he can be, and not just towards Hellmuth.I've played with Hellmuth, and he is a jerk. At the same time, the jerkiness he shows in such an extreme manner is jerkiness that a great many poker players share, although not to such a degree in general. I think that a lot of what goes into Hellmuth-bashing is the basher thinking "thank heaven I'm not that bad.

I actually like both of them. For that matter, I'm pretty sure they like eachother, too. Paul does bash the shit out of Phil, but everyone does and I don't think it matters to Phil at all. I don't think the bashing is as mean-spirited as it appears. Paul is writing to an audience that can appreciate how funny some of the shit that Phil does (and says) can be. Paul is also legitimately pissed at what went on at the TOC, too, so it kind of appears that the Phil bashing is beyond the normal level lately. meh, just my $.02.

I've never played with Paul Phillips. I've never even met him. Never seen him in person. I don't even read his blog that often. Yet every time I read one of his posts he is being a first-class jackass. From the limited amount I have read and seen, it is my opinion that Paul Phillips is:1. Young,2. Brilliant,3. Handsome,4. Hilarious,5. Creative,6. Ambitious,7. Modern,8. Contemplative,9. Loaded, and10. Annoyingly arrogant.How sad that a guy who has so much going for him has such an undeniably fatal flaw. But maybe we're wrong to judge him. Maybe he should have a free pass to be arrogant because he's accomplished more than any of us would in five lifetimes. Maybe the public just doesn't understand that a guy who has so much going for him will inevitably have some visible flaw.Or maybe he just thinks he deserves everything he gets plus some because he is God's gift to humanity. Phil Hellmuth is a royal jackass at the table. Nobody denies that. And he may have embellished the "National Heads Up Championship: Part 2/65" article in Cardplayer to say that he gave Phillips a royal spanking. Does that give Phillips the right to fire back at him? Maybe. But maybe wearing the 9 :D 9 :club: jersey had it coming. But maybe Phillips knows that Hellmuth doesn't care and yet loves the free publicity. Who knows? Why should we judge someone we look up to by holding him to a higher moral standard?Sorry, I know I'm waxing philosophical, and on FCP we don't get much more philosophical than variance and implied odds. My point is that I wish Paul Phillips would act like a mature adult instead of a 6-year-old who plays above average-to-strong poker. He'd be one of my favorite players.