what's a good heads up winning pct

Ok, so I know there are lots of threads where people say I'm winning 80%, I'm the best Heads Up player ever, and Heads up is all luck.....but what would actually be a good Heads Up winning percentage?I have played 618 $5.25 HU and am 359-259 for a 58.09%Is this sustainable? Does anyone out there have any extensive experience of HU ?The main reason I ask is because over the last 300 or so games, my win % is increasing and I'd really like to know if it's possible to go higher....or if I just suck and should already be winning more ???

I was tempted to write something funny considering the 618(!!!) is a huge number, but i will try to answer seriously:You played 618 games. Payed 3090$ plus 154,5$ rakeYou won 359 of them making 3590$ for a net profit of 3590-(3090+154,5)=345,5$ or 0,56$ per game or 0.56/5.25=11% gain for the money you play.Consider the average time a HU takes u. Lets say its 20min. Then You gain (60/20)*0.56 = 1,68$ per hour.If You were winning 75% then with the same calculations you would gain 2,25$ per game or 6,75$ per hour wich is much more decent.So my advice is considering you have the discipline (wich i surely dont have!) to play 100% focused the same thing, either try to rip off the $5 HU(in wich the more players suck) or try to stabilize your percentage in a bit higher stakesGood Luck

Short stack (1.5k or 2k in starting chips) I think 58% is a fair result. The real question is how long is the long run? I'm 75% over about 500 games (10k starting chips). Is that long enough to no longer be a short term trend or not?Time will tell.

I was tempted to write something funny considering the 618(!!!) is a huge number, but i will try to answer seriously:You played 618 games. Payed 3090$ plus 154,5$ rakeYou won 359 of them making 3590$ for a net profit of 3590-(3090+154,5)=345,5$ or 0,56$ per game or 0.56/5.25=11% gain for the money you play.Consider the average time a HU takes u. Lets say its 20min. Then You gain (60/20)*0.56 = 1,68$ per hour.If You were winning 75% then with the same calculations you would gain 2,25$ per game or 6,75$ per hour wich is much more decent.So my advice is considering you have the discipline (wich i surely dont have!) to play 100% focused the same thing, either try to rip off the $5 HU(in wich the more players suck) or try to stabilize your percentage in a bit higher stakesGood Luck
Thanks for this. I have pretty good discipline, my only problem comes when the suckouts all come together which they seem to do on a Tuesday!It sounds rediculous, but I am up every single day of the week except Tuesdays, where I lose money.....maybe I won't play on a Tuesday any more.There are some amazingly poor players at $5, which is the only reason I wonder if my % is a little low.

The Royal Challenge is ongoing now playing some 25.00 along with the 10.00sitting at 33 games played. 27 wins, - 24@ 10.00 3 @ 25.00average % is 81%which is an increase from my last post of 11 wins out of 14, went on a solid run again.I was dominating everyone then ran into a road block lost 2 in a row.I assume this number will decrease, but I gotta tell you, these guys are just plain horrible, when i lose a match its because they've chased a 2 outter and hit.

The Royal Challenge is ongoing now playing some 25.00 along with the 10.00sitting at 33 games played. 27 wins, - 24@ 10.00 3 @ 25.00average % is 81%which is an increase from my last post of 11 wins out of 14, went on a solid run again.I was dominating everyone then ran into a road block lost 2 in a row.I assume this number will decrease, but I gotta tell you, these guys are just plain horrible, when i lose a match its because they've chased a 2 outter and hit.
My mistake, went back and double checked, turns out i won 5 for 5 of the 25.00 matches, the 2 lost matches were during 10.00 HU.

I've played ~2700 matches at limits ranging from $20 to $500, with most at the $100 level (all on pstars) and have an overall winning percentage of 66.99%. Oddly enough, my winning percentage increases as the buy-in does, but my guess is that this is a factor of my gaining experience as I moved up the ladder, coupled with more randomness at the lower limits with looser players.

Weren't you one of the people who said that a winning percentage of 75% or above was impossible long term? You starting to change your mind?Btw what happened to coming to Bugsys to play me?

Someone else said it. My win rate is higher at the $10+1 than $5 +.25 -- I keep pretty good details, too. I'm 61% at $5 and just under 64% at $10.I've only played two heads up matches for $20+2 and it was a split, but my BR as Absolute is small since I'm just there for the bonus.