my friend's blog......

If you are a Christian and play poker, you might wanna check out my friend's new poker blog.... He's 19 and goes to school in Nebraska and started playing about a year ago, steadily building his bankroll online. He makes some interesting points that some of you may or may not agree with. He's just started the blog so not a whole lot of stuff in it yet. Let me know what you think...Check it out...http://pokerchristian.blogspot.com/

I wonder which thesaurus will be the first to add "Christian" to the synonym list for "hypocrite"
the same one that associates "vonteego" with vast, inappropriate generalization.

That blog was extremely thought out and very well written. I think he is making quite a big decision based on one year of playing though. Also, he states that poker is not gambling, which is totally inaccurate. Other than that, he seems like he may have the makings of a successful player.

What I find particularly humorous about his blog is how he states that when playing poker he has the opportunity to engage in some ministry and speak of his faith to other players - of course all the while taking their money. All for the greater glory of the lord I am certain...

Here is the thing I don't understand, christians love jesus. And Jesus preached tolerance.... and yet if you go in front of a planned parenthood to get some condoms people are screaming at you about what a horrible person you are and jesus is going to smit you.And do you really think a person that forgave the people that killed him, would HATE gay people?one more thing? anyone out there hate catholics? could you tell me why? it is basically the same damn religion. the reason I ask this is because I almost got my ass kicked in tenesse once.

"I believe the Bible is completely true, front to back"I really dont know what to say about this statement.  Needless to say I find it ludacris.
Wow, did he really say that?:roll:

i read three linesand i feel its safe to let your friend in on the secretgod doesn't exist. if he likes poker, maybe he'll have researched the basics, but probably not, mainly, any poker player who believes in god i guarantee you is a losing player( but not at all). oh god, you say, dn believes in god, and he's way better than you, but , mah. my reasoning.....i have none. your christain poker player isn't a hypocrite, he's a liar.... he's doesnt' really believe not because poker contravenes the laws of god but because playing poker successfuly=ly is a matter of patterns.... order out of chaos and whatnot, smash> mathematics.... so if he's successful that means his intuition of mathematics and ienviaitnatlaty is right and he;laifj;laskdfj;alskdfj;asldkfja;sdlk and i'm drunkbut what im saying is, i suck

Here is the thing I don't understand, christians love jesus.  And Jesus preached tolerance.... and yet if you go in front of a planned parenthood to get some condoms people are screaming at you about what a horrible person you are and jesus is going to smit you.And do you really think a person that forgave the people that killed him, would HATE gay people?one more thing?  anyone out there hate catholics?  could you tell me why? it is basically the same damn religion. the reason I ask this is because I almost got my ass kicked in tenesse once.
Where does Jesus preach tolerance?Also, planned parenthood condoms were rated dead last by independent auditors. FYI.Also, I don't hate gays, catholics or anyone. I hate sin. I love sinners.
I wonder which thesaurus will be the first to add "Christian" to the synonym list for "hypocrite"
the same one that associates "vonteego" with vast, inappropriate generalization.
nh
Here is the thing I don't understand, christians love jesus.  And Jesus preached tolerance.... and yet if you go in front of a planned parenthood to get some condoms people are screaming at you about what a horrible person you are and jesus is going to smit you.And do you really think a person that forgave the people that killed him, would HATE gay people?one more thing?  anyone out there hate catholics?  could you tell me why? it is basically the same damn religion. the reason I ask this is because I almost got my ass kicked in tenesse once.
Where does Jesus preach tolerance?Also, planned parenthood condoms were rated dead last by independent auditors. FYI.Also, I don't hate gays, catholics or anyone. I hate sin. I love sinners.
I LOVE SIN!But I am Australian and probably a descendant of convicts.

I highly recommend some of you find an outlet for political, cultural, and social debate. There are a wide variety of forums on the web.I appreciate the original link as it is poker-related and interests me. Insofar as the responses have discussed poker, those are good too.But as for the rest of you Apologists and Bertrand Russell wannabees...why not take it elsewhere?====As for the topic at hand, I think many of us have reasonable moral questions about playing poker. Honestly, is this the best use of my limited time here on Earth? Am I participating in feeding the addictions of others at my table who are out of control? Is it right to win money from someone who clearly doesn't know what they're doing (i.e. playing Omaha wrong by thinking he can use more hole cards or play a four-flush on board, a guy playing lowball wrong, etc.)?There are reasonable people who assert that people who play a lot of poker are doing so at the expense of more fulfilling engagements.

I highly recommend some of you find an outlet for political, cultural, and social debate.  There are a wide variety of forums on the web.I appreciate the original link as it is poker-related and interests me.  Insofar as the responses have discussed poker, those are good too.But as for the rest of you Apologists and Bertrand Russell wannabees...why not take it elsewhere?====As for the topic at hand, I think many of us have reasonable moral questions about playing poker.  Honestly, is this the best use of my limited time here on Earth?  Am I participating in feeding the addictions of others at my table who are out of control?  Is it right to win money from someone who clearly doesn't know what they're doing (i.e. playing Omaha wrong by thinking he can use more hole cards or play a four-flush on board, a guy playing lowball wrong, etc.)?There are reasonable people who assert that people who play a lot of poker are doing so at the expense of more fulfilling engagements.
You know, as I was sitting there on my well-toned ass this evening, thinking about how it is better to be a Robert Ingersoll wannabee than a Bertrand Russell wannabee, I suddenly had to urge to come on to the forum and act like a pseudo-intellectual, self-righteous jack-tard. I wanted to take an untenable stance, attempt to do so in a well-reasoned fashion, and pretend that I was actually making strong points.I wanted to tell people where to go, how to get there, and what to do once they've arrived, all the while basking in my own hypocrisy.Alas, I check this thread, and find someone beat me to it. Thanks for saving me the trouble.