matusow's big win

well, there was also that super tournement that had the 250,000 buy in, the mcvoy talked about winning the satatlie to, but I don't know if they've had it yet..
you know that is a good point, I can't remember when that was going to airor be played

Has it occurred to anyone that MAYBE he played in a game with a few names, maybe a $500k buy-in, like 9 players? That would net him between 2 and 4 million if this happened, which would be a huge win for him.However, this is more unlikely than winning $4m in the PSS3 event, lol.

the big buy in; which was 250k is the quest tourney. Thats the one TMc Sr. won the satellite into. It's also going to be pretty sweet. Big television event. The thing is though i think it will never encompass SWOP in popularity because so many americans love the storybook endings that are so possible in WSOP and the underdog factor. It's true, though it really is a good slice of americana and while watching the quest tourney and all the pros will be some great poker, sometimes it's hard to beat the suspense that the truly horrible poker players create calling on flush draws at every oppurtunity. Plus all the unusual stories that come out at WSOP are awesome.anyway back to matasow, he said it was his biggest win ever. It was probabably a play on words and what he actually meant was "score"someone probalby dropped a bag in front of him on the street and upon closer scrutiny it appeared to be "some shit that makes your face go numb"

What, noone has figured out that is was a sports gambling win?!?!!He risked everything he had left from TOC on the Virgin Valley / Dayton HS game on the weekend, and Dayton came up large with a 26-14 win.Way to go Mikey, glad you learned that High School sports is where the juicy action is. That pro stuff is all rigged!Flame away, but remember...you'd be flaming a forum VETERAN now.(I'm so proud. I love you guys!! :wink: )Oh, BTW...sw!

well, there was also that super tournement that had the 250,000 buy in, the mcvoy talked about winning the satatlie to, but I don't know if they've had it yet..
you know that is a good point, I can't remember when that was going to airor be played
Last I heard....if it even happens....it will be held at the Palms and not even start up until sometime in January. $250,000 buy in. 1st place supposed to get $25 million, 2nd place supposed to get $2.5 million. They are limiting it to 100 people.

Or perhaps the guy who consistently claims that he has absolutely NO regard for money isn't talking about his biggest money win at all. He could be referring to his biggest win ever, as winning against an elite field such as that of PS3. I didnt see the exact wording, so maybe I am off base, but I wouldn't be surprised if Mike wasn't talking about money at all.

$250,000 buy-in x 100 entrants = $25 million prize pool. Why would it pay the whole prize pool out to 1st place and then have to come up with $2.5 million for 2nd? Not to mention all the other costs associated with running a tournament.