a bunch of home game superstars @ the wsop lastnight

Andrew Black is a pretty good player and Tex Barch looked like he knew what he was doing, but everyone else looked like they just walked out of a home game in Marietta.Even Hechem looked like a rookie to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm better than any of them, I just expect a little more at the WSOP Final Table.The guy who got second made a joke of the entire WSOP. Pretty hard to talk about how skilled it is, great players, etc when this guy clearly makes a joke of it. Pretty much admitted he stunk and was just there to have fun. Made it look like the World Series of Bingo to me.I give the final table a big fat BOOOOOO!JMO.

I really enjoyed the final table, personally. Seeing Scott Lazar self destruct after those could-have-been quad aces was just painful, but I really enjoyed Hachem, Dannenmann, Kanter, Barch and Black. Did anyone else notice Tex Barch whispering this year's equivalent of "Bust this Motherfu[/size]cker" into Joe Hachem's ear?

what did barch say to hachem, and I liked dannenmann, he is entertaining
You couldn't hear it, I think Barch had his hand over the microphone. Guaranteed it was something on the order of Arieh's advice to Williams last year though...I like Dannenmann too, he was the perfect WSOP rookie. Not a co[/size]cky arrogant jerk, didn't take himself too seriously, entertained the crowd and his fellow players, and was gracious in defeat. Everyone who qualifies for the tourney next year could take a lesson.

The surprising thing to me was that they only showed 1 hand after it got down to the final 2. I thought they played heads up for a number of hours before Danneman made the bad call. I remember him just saying he was very tired and misread his cards, thinking he had a straight and they didn't mention any of it. The whole thing was a tad anti-climatic at best. I was really happy when Kanter busted out though. He is this year's king of the donks. The hand against Ramer was brutul, as was the Ivey hand. Or how about the Q6o and caught trip 6's?

The surprising thing to me was that they only showed 1 hand after it got down to the final 2. I thought they played heads up for a number of hours before Danneman made the bad call. I remember him just saying he was very tired and misread his cards, thinking he had a straight and they didn't mention any of it. The whole thing was a tad anti-climatic at best. I was really happy when Kanter busted out though. He is this year's king of the donks. The hand against Ramer was brutul, as was the Ivey hand. Or how about the Q6o and caught trip 6's?
The final table took something like 15 hours.The heads up portion took 6 hands, 3 of which were folded pre flop.Patrick

I didn't see anything wrong with Danneman... he said himself he was lucky to get past the first day and anything after that was extra credit...he didn't set his goals high, and was having fun getting farther than he probably ever thought he could...gotta love the AK vs 99 hand with Hachem before the final table he was calm as can be holding that set of 9's...

hachem played fine
As did Tex Barch, Andy Black, Mike Matusow, Brad Kondracki and Bergsdorf. The only ones who really donkied it up were Kanter, Lazar and to a lesser extent Dannerman.

Danneman was great. He made the tournament good to watch.I did think barch was saying something similar the arieh last year..

The hand against Ramer was brutul, as was the Ivey hand
Kanter is a donk and the Raymer hand was horribly played but I dont think you can include the Ivey hand in this. That is just dumb
I didn't see anything wrong with Danneman... he said himself he was lucky to get past the first day and anything after that was extra credit...he didn't set his goals high, and was having fun getting farther than he probably ever thought he could...gotta love the AK vs 99 hand with Hachem before the final table he was calm as can be holding that set of 9's...
That's my entire problem with it though, he made it look like a joke. That didn't do anything to help the image of poker being a game of skill and the WSOP being where all the best players in the world duke it out. Danneman proved that clearly not to be the case.
The surprising thing to me was that they only showed 1 hand after it got down to the final 2. I thought they played heads up for a number of hours before Danneman made the bad call.
Per Cardplayer, Heads-up lasted exactly 6 hands, and only two of the hands saw a flop.*Edit* Oops, 3 hands saw a flop, only 2 made it to showdown.

I think Dannenman was a bit overmatched but his lax attitude and demeanor probably made him very hard to read. Lazar just went on tilt like many amatuers do.Hachem made a bonehead play with Q7 but otherwise looked solid.Kanter was awful. He is a richer man than me.....but wow. that K5 hand was brutal.

I thought, Black, Tex and Hachem all played well and had good control of their emotions if Hachem did'nt win then Black and Tex definitely would have been worthy champions. But Kantar and Lazaar were pitiful Kantar never in a million years could make it that far again with out donking out 10 times in a row and Lazaar pissed his money away in 3 hands. Overall I think the wsop has lost some of its lustre, When you see the final table your expecting to see a few guys who have been close and are thirsty to win the title, did'nt really get much of that in the final 6.

And they are so bad that you beat out each of them at the final table right? Weren't you in the running for player of the year? Its funny how arm chair home gamers put down other home gamers that actually have a better record than them.

what did barch say to hachem, and I liked dannenmann, he is entertaining
You couldn't hear it, I think Barch had his hand over the microphone. Guaranteed it was something on the order of Arieh's advice to Williams last year though...I like Dannenmann too, he was the perfect WSOP rookie. Not a co[/size]cky arrogant jerk, didn't take himself too seriously, entertained the crowd and his fellow players, and was gracious in defeat. Everyone who qualifies for the tourney next year could take a lesson.
.Dannenmann isnt all that bad but his laugh is kinda annoying.

Dannenman is what gives players like me and you hope. If he can do...then I know I can do it. ANY ONE CAN WIN!!!! and that my friend is why poker is the greatest game in the world.on the other hand...i couldn't stand it when he callled his friend after putting the bluff on Howard. but i would have done the same thing. And he gave some of it back...Jason

Kanter was awful. He is a richer man than me.....but wow. that K5 hand was brutal.
That hand was nearly as bad as the Tiffany Williamson all-in call with AJ. TW: "Let's see, raise, reraise, reraise all in, I call!"Really, when your raise is reraised on draw light board, pushing all in with top pair/weak kicker is probably the worst play possible. I seriously could not believe what I was witnessing.